Archived Not Enhanced SFS

Status
Not open for further replies.
But this Fourth Quarter, there are rumors we will be bumped up to 750 orders a day. We have one packing table, one WAT mavhine, one bubble machine and three dedicated PDAs.

Its only a rumor so far, but how screwed are we? We currently do about 125 orders a day between two TMs (and they're getting slammed on picking/packing time). We have the space to add another packing table, but apparently the budget isn't available. Ugh, the sheer thought is mind boggling.

What all does SFS entail? My store is getting it this November. ETL is supposed to e selecting a space for the packing.

What all does SFS entail? My store is getting it this November. ETL is supposed to e selecting a space for the packing.
Guests order product online and we fulfil it through stores. A team member picks product from the back or floor kinda like an autofill batch then packs and ships them via ups.

We are getting it this November too. Lord, I know they'll try to fuck us all by allotting zero hours for it. Part of me thinks Target is suicidal.

To the stores that already have this .... do you have dedicated tm's? Or is it part of smart huddle? Or 4x4?

We were told we would get 750+ as well and last year we couldn't handle 300+ so I don't know how it'll work. The sfs team is already stressed just thinking about it.

We were told we would get 750+ as well and last year we couldn't handle 300+ so I don't know how it'll work. The sfs team is already stressed just thinking about it.
Yes. We flirted with 300 for most of fourth quarter last year. It was chaotic. And they want to double that? I'm just befuddled. Especially when there aren't the facilities to handle it. It takes two TMs about 8+ hrs to pick/pack 125 orders now. I'm guessing 6 TMs to do 750. It's hard enough having 2 people packing at the same time in our space. Ha. I'm just laughing to keep from crying.

We are getting it this November too. Lord, I know they'll try to fuck us all by allotting zero hours for it. Part of me thinks Target is suicidal.

To the stores that already have this .... do you have dedicated tm's? Or is it part of smart huddle? Or 4x4?

Dedicated tm

Dedicated tm

They never get pulled?? For instance, if I'm in the middle of resetting the baby food aisle, they'll pull me to backup cashier for an undetermined amount of time. Or get carts. And if I don't finish my pog, oh well, that's MY fault.

So what happens when you are the dedicated tm on sfs and they need reshop done cause there are 15 carts? Do they pull you?

They never get pulled?? For instance, if I'm in the middle of resetting the baby food aisle, they'll pull me to backup cashier for an undetermined amount of time. Or get carts. And if I don't finish my pog, oh well, that's MY fault.

So what happens when you are the dedicated tm on sfs and they need reshop done cause there are 15 carts? Do they pull you?

Nope, ESFS TMs are ESFS only. At least at my store, they don't even know how to work a register. There will be times where they need backup but ESFS team has their own "quotas" to meet within a certain timeframe so they don't have the time to.

We have regular old SFS and don't do very many orders in a day usually. We have two tms per day and sometimes it may only take one of us a few hours and then we're done for the day. We are down to six tms who are trained. We are not expected to cashier or attend huddle while scheduled SFS although sometimes we are asked to come to huddle if something important is being discussed. Our home work centers vary. The bike builder does SFS, as do I and I was trained on it back when I was a cashier.

But this Fourth Quarter, there are rumors we will be bumped up to 750 orders a day. We have one packing table, one WAT mavhine, one bubble machine and three dedicated PDAs.

Its only a rumor so far, but how screwed are we? We currently do about 125 orders a day between two TMs (and they're getting slammed on picking/packing time). We have the space to add another packing table, but apparently the budget isn't available. Ugh, the sheer thought is mind boggling.

Unfortunately not a rumor....... My stores going up to 750.... the companies adding almost 400 more store with SFS and ESFS in November

I hope my store isn't one of them. We don't have the space for SFS.
Our BR TL is "loving" it we don't have much steel space, plus they already love sharing space with softlines, and price change :D let alone trying to find the right TMs for it.

Some regular SFS stores went to 500 last Q4. If you read though the posts in the Flexible Fulfillment from November/December it gets mentioned a few times. Flexible Fulfillment
@tgtJose

Dedicated TMs with dedicated hours. A cap of 100 orders per day gets you just under 100 hours per week, which is usually enough.

SFS is about the same or slightly harder to get pulled from than backroom (unless you don't have any orders). So if your backroom is constantly getting pulled for shit while they're busy, than SFS probably will be too.

I hope my store isn't one of them. We don't have the space for SFS.
At this point, they are starting to add stores that don't have the space for it. A friend of mine is a BRTL at another store in my disctrict and he is stressing out because of how much space it requires that they just don't have.

My idiot ETL told me "it won't effect the receiver" I'm pretty sure that's crap. They are going to take my space, they are going to be in my way, the packages will be everywhere and they will probably end up stealing all my supplies and requesting my help. I'm screaming inside

My idiot ETL told me "it won't effect the receiver" I'm pretty sure that's crap. They are going to take my space, they are going to be in my way, the packages will be everywhere and they will probably end up stealing all my supplies and requesting my help. I'm screaming inside
There's a good chance it will get setup near your area, but they'll have their own supplies and won't need your help. As for packages everywhere... Yeah that's probably going to happen during the peak shopping season. Hopefully they will have two pallet spaces for outgoing packages, so it won't cause issues the rest of the year.

We will start this in Nov. There is no way the packing station will be near me or the signing area. The truck unload is in our way now. We have to squeeze by pallets now and wait for the backroom to move the transition pallets out of our way. Most times I can't get soda pallets down.

God help me if they raise it to 750 for my store. We hit about 350ish this past christmas and I was sooo stressed for a 2 months straight lmao. We didn't get adequate coverage aT ALL. Two of us officially scheduled. We'd have to pull people from other work centers and have ETLs jump in. Me and my SFS captain would be working 7am-7pm :confused:

We don't bother our receiver. He lets us know when we receive (a) STS package(s), maybe borrows a box here and there. The space we were given is is far enough away but when there are more than like 2-3 people back there, it gets crampedddd.

The other head scratcher is... we're currently set to get 125 orders a day. We hit that goal at the beginning of the week, plus maybe another 20%. Come Wednesday and Thursday, we're sitting at less than half that goal (50 orders). In the last month, our goals vs. reality have not be consistent at all. We've dipped extremely low or jumped extremely high compared to the expectation.

This worries me more than the 750 orders per day expectation... will that mean that on any given day, we could see half that or nearly double? If they can't dial this in better going forward, we could be potentially over scheduling one day and under scheduling the next... scrambling to get orders filled and out on time. That's a stress on top of a stress, I don't even want to consider.

The other head scratcher is... we're currently set to get 125 orders a day. We hit that goal at the beginning of the week, plus maybe another 20%. Come Wednesday and Thursday, we're sitting at less than half that goal (50 orders). In the last month, our goals vs. reality have not be consistent at all. We've dipped extremely low or jumped extremely high compared to the expectation.

This worries me more than the 750 orders per day expectation... will that mean that on any given day, we could see half that or nearly double? If they can't dial this in better going forward, we could be potentially over scheduling one day and under scheduling the next... scrambling to get orders filled and out on time. That's a stress on top of a stress, I don't even want to consider.
Yeah it is the same way at my store... we usually do 300 orders on monday and tuesday. Then the orders dip down to 180 or 200 the rest of the week until saturday.

Same here. We'll hit our cap the first half of the week and then have next to nothing during the second half.

What's interesting though, is they are adjusting order caps yet again, and if you check the daily order forecast on the Store Reports section of Workbench, you'll see that starting in September they are forecasting specific amounts of orders for specific days. Like on the Monday they might say 150 orders, but then only 90 on Friday. I wonder if they are rolling out something new to spread things out or if it's just pure guesswork as usual.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back