Archived Ship From Store - shipping dilemma

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I recently had an order for 4 jars of Duke's Mayo. It was going to a nearby state, but was not rush. So, typically it's probably a 2-3 day trek. That's three, maybe four separate metal panelled vehicles in hot, humid weather.

I wasn't sure if I should have cancelled the order and asked a few TMs/TLs their impression. Everyone said send.

I complied, with the justification that it might be used as a hair conditioner or something to that effect.

What would you have done? What similar situations have you run into about sending questionable orders?

I am not familiar with that stuff so forgive me.. But if it doesn't call to be kept cool until opened - send it. If it needs to be cool at all times then I might cancel it. But only kept cool after opening you are good to send it.

But if it needs to be cool at all times I would MySupport that item asking why are we shipping spoiled food since we don't have protocol for shipping food on ice.

So I recently had an order for 4 jars of Duke's Mayo. It was going to a nearby state, but was not rush. So, typically it's probably a 2-3 day trek. That's three, maybe four separate metal panelled vehicles in hot, humid weather.

I wasn't sure if I should have cancelled the order and asked a few TMs/TLs their impression. Everyone said send.

I complied, with the justification that it might be used as a hair conditioner or something to that effect.

What would you have done? What similar situations have you run into about sending questionable orders?
Speaking of mayo, I shipped out 2 jars of Hellman's mayo, 2 bottles of tartar sauce, and 2 plastic containers of non refrigerated grated cheese among 28 cans of crushed tomatos. Like who orders grated cheese in 90 degree weather. Is it bad to hope it melts? I packed it all snug. It ain't my fault when the heat fucks things up lol

Speaking of mayo, I shipped out 2 jars of Hellman's mayo, 2 bottles of tartar sauce, and 2 plastic containers of non refrigerated grated cheese among 28 cans of crushed tomatos. Like who orders grated cheese in 90 degree weather. Is it bad to hope it melts? I packed it all snug. It ain't my fault when the heat fucks things up lol
I'm always confused when people order chips and canned food together. Seriously, do people know what happens when packages are transported around

I'm always confused when people order chips and canned food together. Seriously, do people know what happens when packages are transported around
IKR! Just gotta pack it the best you can and hope for the best. I layer bubble wrap around heavier stuff and hope the airspeed bubbles stay in place

IKR! Just gotta pack it the best you can and hope for the best. I layer bubble wrap around heavier stuff and hope the airspeed bubbles stay in place
I've gone to the length of packing into a smaller box (like a 413) and putting in a 439 with the rest of the order. Don't know if that saves the chips, but it seems more protective than bubble wrap/air pillows.

I've gone to the length of packing into a smaller box (like a 413) and putting in a 439 with the rest of the order. Don't know if that saves the chips, but it seems more protective than bubble wrap/air pillows.
I've thought about doing that a few times

I am not familiar with that stuff so forgive me.. But if it doesn't call to be kept cool until opened - send it. If it needs to be cool at all times then I might cancel it. But only kept cool after opening you are good to send it.

But if it needs to be cool at all times I would MySupport that item asking why are we shipping spoiled food since we don't have protocol for shipping food on ice.
It didnt say, but Mayo and the like, turn quickly in high temperatures. I'm just worried that it's being used for a picnic salad. Food poisoning is no joke. Especially, when it's potentially poisoning family and friends too. I guess if you're going to order food on the internet, you probably don't give a shit anyway.

It didnt say, but Mayo and the like, turn quickly in high temperatures. I'm just worried that it's being used for a picnic salad. Food poisoning is no joke. Especially, when it's potentially poisoning family and friends too. I guess if you're going to order food on the internet, you probably don't give a shit anyway.

You do realize mayo comes in boxes just like underwear, not cooled but just regular stock. Hot ass trucks from the manufacturer to our DC's then shipped out to us.. Unless it was a special brand that comes off the refridgerated C&S or FDC truck, then I would not worry since they only start to go bad when you open it.

We learned in Target's food safety training that things like mayo don't go bad, as quick as most people think. Often one of the first ingredients is vinegar and this acid helps to keep mayo good. Also because of the jars are well sealed, I think that helps with this, as well.

How do you think it gets to the store in the first place?

That's how I do it too.

I've ordered ketchup and mustard before... Actually do it with most of my non-perishable groceries that I'd otherwise get from Target.

I have no interest in spending even 1 extra second in that building after clocking out if I can avoid it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back