Not enough pallets

I haven't sweeped back any empty wood pallets for several weeks . So much freight is going from truck to straight to steel or containers. Pallets of freight stretching from one end of the stockroom to the other end. Fulfillment needing so many every day. We even using FDC pallets instead of sending them back. I was scouring the store today just trying to find one pallet so I could make a bale.

I haven't sweeped back any empty wood pallets for several weeks . So much freight is going from truck to straight to steel or containers. Pallets of freight stretching from one end of the stockroom to the other end. Fulfillment needing so many every day. We even using FDC pallets instead of sending them back. I was scouring the store today just trying to find one pallet so I could make a bale.
Your store can request a stack of pallets be sent by the DC if its really that bad.

Fulfillment needing so many every day.
Do you give whoever picks up your SFS the pallets? Our store loads everything onto plastic skids and then just offloads those onto whatever truck picks up in the afternoon (not sure what kind of truck UPS sends, their normal delivery truck or a trailer) Then when we have a drop trailer during fourth quarter we do the same thing.

But I know some stores just give UPS/FedEx wrapped pallets so they have to use the crappy wood ones. But since we use the plastic ones that get offloaded we don't really have an issue with skids.

They made us get rid of our plastic pallets, so now we have to keep FDC ones and use them for normal freight.

Has anyone successfully ordered more Brown / white pallets? Last time I tried help chatbot the response was DC doesn't make the order for those. We are chronically low on Brown pallets. How do I get more if not through chatbot?

Has anyone successfully ordered more Brown / white pallets? Last time I tried help chatbot the response was DC doesn't make the order for those. We are chronically low on Brown pallets. How do I get more if not through chatbot?
Are you at an SFS store? UPS would occasionally ask if we needed more pallets when they'd come to do pickups.

Are you at an SFS store? UPS would occasionally ask if we needed more pallets when they'd come to do pickups.
No SFS. Our only sources of brown pallets are truck freight or store signing/fixture deliveries. We run out daily and haven't had any to spare to sweep back in months. We kept up (barely) until the reusable pods started, making us lose 3-4 brown pallets every truck

An ETL etc. simply needs to make a call to the DC and explain the situation. We can ship a stack of wood on a trailer no problem. Used to have a store that requested we do it every trailer in peak covid.

I posted this about pallets last year. I only had this issue this one time. During the 4th quarter we were getting pallets from the sortation center. It's like I said too much freight from DC and increase for Fullfillment. There was another that I didn't mention. Remodel was just getting started so they were using alot as well. I only had that one time that I had hunt down and empty pallet for the bale. Since then we where keeping more before sweeping them back.
Remodel reminders keep extra pallets and a close eye on the supply of shrink wrap.

Back