Archived Now it's posted, what's your schedule for Thanksgiving and Black Friday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll lay down and watch a movie after we eat and try and nap but i'll rely on coffee to get me through the night again.

I'll just go to bed at midnight when I get home from the first shift and then get up at 3am in time for the second shift. I'll push through until noon and then collapse.

I'm working 10pm Thursday to 8am Friday in the backroom. I only have 15hrs that week for some reason.

I'm working Wed 0430-1200 and then from 2000-0130 Thursday morning.
Working Thursday night 2130-0430 Friday morning. Off the remainder of Friday, then scheduled my normal Saturday shift.

I'm scheduled for 36 hours this week....usually scheduled about 20.
Trying to figure out if they like me, or not!

Thursday: 7:45p to 5a
Friday: 2 to 8

both cashier, which is gonna suckkk

My Wednesday through Friday is ridiculous. Wed 730-1230 truck then 11p-5a wed into thur morning then 745p-9a

Thanksgiving: 7:45 pm to 1:30 am on Friday
Friday: 5:30 to 11:15 pm
Saturday: 6 pm to 10 pm
This is my first job and first black Friday idk how to feel.

Question for all the openers. Are you going to get some sleep, or just go straight in? I think i am going straight in with no sleep. I work 7:45pm to around 4. i got this.

Not an opener, but I may stay up for my 4AM depending on how much L-tryptophan I consume. :D Sleep is good, but I'd rather not have my alarms go off at the ungodly hours of the morning. Either way, I'll crash when I get home in the afternoon.

Thanksgiving: 7:45 pm to 1:30 am on Friday
Friday: 5:30 to 11:15 pm
Saturday: 6 pm to 10 pm
This is my first job and first black Friday idk how to feel.

You'll know soon enough.

I'm a flow team member and go in at midnight Thanksgiving morning for a truck. Got the rest of Thanksgiving off and all of Friday. I feel like I hit the lottery!

I have Wednesday off. 7:40 PM on Thursday to 1 AM Friday, then back at Noon on Friday to 8:30. Not really happy about that but I did volunteer to open on Black Thursday/Friday. Still, it gets earlier every year, I just know that in a couple years we won't even bother to close at all for Thanksgiving.

I work 730-5 am sales floor Thursday and I am off Friday whoo-hoo. Let's just say the red bulls will be flowing on Thursday lol

Opening 7:45pm - 4:30am back in the fitting room. No stranger to opening on Black Friday, but I've always been carts. Not sure what to expect being in the fitting room that night as I'd imagine not too many people will actually be trying on clothes.

Thursday: not scheduled.
Friday: 4AM-1PM in Hardlines.

I thought for sure you'd be working a double. Huh, weird.

I'm in 7:00PM-12:45AM on the floor and then back at 8AM-6PM for Electronics. Hopefully something goes amiss so I can stay 'til 3:45am, since I am driving across the state to open.

Opening 7:45pm - 4:30am back in the fitting room. No stranger to opening on Black Friday, but I've always been carts. Not sure what to expect being in the fitting room that night as I'd imagine not too many people will actually be trying on clothes.

Many stores use the fitting room to dispense the big-ticket items, so maybe that's what you'll be doing.

Thursday: not scheduled.
Friday: 4AM-1PM in Hardlines.

I thought for sure you'd be working a double. Huh, weird.

I'm in 7:00PM-12:45AM on the floor and then back at 8AM-6PM for Electronics. Hopefully something goes amiss so I can stay 'til 3:45am, since I am driving across the state to open.

I'm just happy I'm not opening again. Since I'm not overnight this year, we have a shit ton of seasonal cashiers, and I know diddly squat about electronics, I've been relegated to one of the in-between hardlines shifts.

Seriously, driving across the state to open? Clearly, someone is a meanie-head.

Off Thursday, 10A-5PM on Friday and then had my Saturday chopped down to 4 hours.....fun.....

Thursday: 7pm to 3:30 am (Friday) in HL
Friday 3:30 pm- midnight in pfresh

Not bad, I'm actually happy with this. Not insane hours, can still eat Thanksgiving dinner & actually sleep between shifts.

off on Thursday but Friday I am working 2 pm- 10:30 pm and on Saturday 11 am - 6 pm

Working 7:45p to 3:30a on Thursday (Husband is NOT happy) and then I work 6:30p to midnight on Friday. Usual 4:30 to midnight on Saturday.

I feel bad for everyone that has to work on Thanksgiving.. Here in MA, Target opens at 1am.

Friday: Electronics 8am-530pm
Saturday: Electronics 8am-530pm

Wensday into thanksgiving 10pm-6am
Thanksgiving night7:45-1:30 carts
black friday 3pm-11pm

gonna be a long bloody day but we must press onwards into hell and we shall emerge victorious with our PDAs held high sorry guys had to get that out of my system before the actual day hits

somehow, I was missed on the schedule for Thanksgiving, but I have heard quite a few people saying the same thing, especially after the "don't even bother, you're working that day" speech we got. I work Black Friday from 7am to 4pm in Electronics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back