Archived Now it's posted, what's your schedule for Thanksgiving and Black Friday?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What do ETLs and STLs work? I'm figuring probably 12-14 hours? Just curious. I've worked retail management at a grocer and was once at the store from noon until 2 AM on the Fourth of July.

Let's just say they'll be guzzling Red Bull after Red Bull.

Thursday 7PM to Friday 7AM.
Friday 5PM to close.

At least I got more than eight hours between shifts.

I work 9-530pm Friday and 2am-1030am Saturday

8.5 hours. Would be fine if I have a light workload except I work Logistics Zone (most likely pushing reshop) Fri and Logistics Backroom Sat

I lucked out this year, I'm working 5am to 1:45pm at guest service, then 10:30-7 in electronics on Saturday. A LOT of TMs at my store are opening Thursday night then coming back sometime Friday (many of them are working 7:45pm-4:30am, then coming back around 12:30 or 1pm on Friday).

My STL attempted to work 24 hours on Black Friday last year. Our other ETLs made him go home.

Our store is closed on Thanksgiving. Black Friday I work Midnight until 8:30am

I picked up a Hardlines/Set up on wednesday along with my 7:30thur-7:30fri and a hardlines saturday

I am working Wednesday into Thursday from 6pm to 2:30pm to complete ad setup for Black Friday.
Then working Friday from 9am to 6:30pm in electronics (mainly to let people know we are out of all the door busters).

Next week is screwed up as far as my schedule, as I work Sun (ad set), Tue (hardlines day), Wed (closing hardlines), and Fri (3 1/2 hour electronics shift). I am trying to give my electronics shift away (I am sure that 1 of the new hires might take in order to extend their shift), so I can have at least a 3 day weekend if not a 4 day weekend. Also not saying anything to the ETLs about my schedule, as I am sure they will find me some more hours some place. I also hope I am able to set most of my housewares/home decor endcaps this Saturday (i doubt anyone will work on them after they sale down durning the Thurs/Fri overnight or during the day on Friday).

Thursday 7:45 PM to 1:00 AM on Friday, Don't have to come back till Saturday. :)

Today I did 9-12:30 C&S push and came back at 7:30pm til 2am
Thanksgiving I work 7:45-12:15
Friday I have to be here at 11am-7:30pm
Satuday I open Market from 6am-12:30 and then come back at 10pm for overnight ad til 6:30am Sunday Morning.... :lazy:

I am working Wednesday into Thursday from 6pm to 2:30pm to complete ad setup for Black Friday.
Then working Friday from 9am to 6:30pm in electronics (mainly to let people know we are out of all the door busters).

Next week is screwed up as far as my schedule, as I work Sun (ad set), Tue (hardlines day), Wed (closing hardlines), and Fri (3 1/2 hour electronics shift). I am trying to give my electronics shift away (I am sure that 1 of the new hires might take in order to extend their shift), so I can have at least a 3 day weekend if not a 4 day weekend. Also not saying anything to the ETLs about my schedule, as I am sure they will find me some more hours some place. I also hope I am able to set most of my housewares/home decor endcaps this Saturday (i doubt anyone will work on them after they sale down durning the Thurs/Fri overnight or during the day on Friday).
Ended up working until 3:55am this morning. I am glad that we get time and half. That money will help to pay the finial amount due on my cruise (due in Jan).

I been with Target a long time, but I have never heard of C&S push. Is something new or just a different term for something old?

I been with Target a long time, but I have never heard of C&S push. Is something new or just a different term for something old?

C&S is a wholesale grocer, you may have a different grocer in your area or your store might be in an area with an FDC

On top of all of this Tom foolery, I'm sick. The GSTL they had scheduled for line monitor to open tonight has bronchitis. So this will leave the other GSTL to do line monitoring and the new GSA (who can barely cashiered alone answer questions from cashiers who only cashier once a year) and me to watch the lanes. And I feel so rotten, I can barely move. This is not a happy time of year for me.

On top of all of this Tom foolery, I'm sick. The GSTL they had scheduled for line monitor to open tonight has bronchitis. So this will leave the other GSTL to do line monitoring and the new GSA (who can barely cashiered alone answer questions from cashiers who only cashier once a year) and me to watch the lanes. And I feel so rotten, I can barely move. This is not a happy time of year for me.

Sorry to hear that.
Take care of yourself, lots of vitamin C and water.
Or get a bottle of Nyquil and a bottle Advil Migraine (for the caffeine), dose yourself to the point that everything is funny and enjoy the day.

Does anyone know where team members wait to be let into the store? We don't wait in line with the guests, right?

You probably go in your usual entrance as you would when you come in before the store opens on a normal morning.

Does anyone know where team members wait to be let into the store? We don't wait in line with the guests, right?

If your store doesn't have a TM entrance, there should be a side door at the main entrance. There should be someone nearby to let you in.

If your store is not serviced by a food distribution center (FDC), then C&S supplies your groceries.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back