Archived Nuisance groups

Status
Not open for further replies.
Clearance Ladies...After every little gift-giving holiday, they come in wanting candy, decorations, or whatever to go clearance then buy it up. And are always demanding to know when it will hit 50% or more off.

Nothing wrong here, they are buying your clearance. And nothing wrong with telling them if you know. Most guests know what days other departments change, seasonal PLU is different though.

Clearance Ladies...After every little gift-giving holiday, they come in wanting candy, decorations, or whatever to go clearance then buy it up. And are always demanding to know when it will hit 50% or more off.

Nothing wrong here, they are buying your clearance. And nothing wrong with telling them if you know. Most guests know what days other departments change, seasonal PLU is different though.

It's not a problem unless they're one of those people who buys everything at 30% and then returns and rebuys it at 70%. Thankfully with the new policy changes you can't do that anymore, but previously you could if you had the proper receipt. We had one lady who would buy the stuff at another store, come to our store where the prices were lower, rebuy and then RETURN those items with her other receipt so she got her money back but didn't have to actually go home for her other stuff. We put the kabosh on it when we could, but oh my goodness was she a pain. Had to have everything bagged and packed "just so". I literally spent an hour checking her and her two carts of crap out one time.

Had a lady like that before. She dumped an entire car of 50% off halloween that filled the conveyor. She insisted her nice heaping mountain of candy had to be sorted by brand in the bags though. She even told me to "take care not mix the different M&Ms, I'm not going to sort them later".

we have a super annoying group that gets together to shop in a big gang. last week, it was clothes. yesterday, the five of 'em completely blocked the aisles going around the valentines clearance, drinking their coffee, blatently ignoring the other shoppers trying to buy some cheap candy. today, they were hanging out in the wine aisle, deciding what to buy for friday's party (over 20 bottles, must have been quite a party). but hey, i guess when you're salary AND get the 10%, you have better choices than "food" or "electricity" for the week. (sorry... rough day. can't wait for my store leadership team to be selected to open up canada :D )

We have a group of women that come in 3-4 times a week and shop together, then "hang out" at Starbucks. They are in the store about 2+ hours and were in Starbucks the other day for over an hour, taking up almost EVERY table, just sitting there, drinking their "no-fat, no whip, half-caff, soy mocha lattes" (just made that up, but I had the misfortune of being in line behind them on my break and one seriously ordered something that sounded like that....I went there at the beginning of my break and barely had time to pee after I got my coffee before I had to go back!!!), talking about NOTHING, being loud as heck!!! If you're going to be that obnoxiously "yuppie", go to an ACTUAL Starbucks and annoy the workers there!

We have a group of women that come in 3-4 times a week and shop together, then "hang out" at Starbucks. They are in the store about 2+ hours and were in Starbucks the other day for over an hour, taking up almost EVERY table, just sitting there, drinking their "no-fat, no whip, half-caff, soy mocha lattes" (just made that up, but I had the misfortune of being in line behind them on my break and one seriously ordered something that sounded like that....I went there at the beginning of my break and barely had time to pee after I got my coffee before I had to go back!!!), talking about NOTHING, being loud as heck!!! If you're going to be that obnoxiously "yuppie", go to an ACTUAL Starbucks and annoy the workers there!

It doesn't get much yuppier (pseudo yuppy, real yuppies don't shop at Target) than Starbucks at Target. 2 yuppie things in 1.

^You were at my store today....
Re: non-fat, no-whip, sugar-free bla bla bla drinks - a 20-something was ordering a similar drink (non-fat-decaf-sugar-free) & her impatient friend finally blurted out "What's the point?! With everything you're leaving out, why don't you just get WATER? DUH!"
I had to hide behind the espresso machine to keep from cracking up.

^You were at my store today....
Re: non-fat, no-whip, sugar-free bla bla bla drinks - a 20-something was ordering a similar drink (non-fat-decaf-sugar-free) & her impatient friend finally blurted out "What's the point?! With everything you're leaving out, why don't you just get WATER? DUH!"
I had to hide behind the espresso machine to keep from cracking up.

My daughter is a barista and the place where she works has a non-fat decaf sugar free vanilla latte on the menu.
It's called the "Why Bother?".
I guess she gets a lot of orders for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back