Archived Odd Situations while Cashiering

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewCashierLT

Working for Target today and tomorrow
I have a couple of more questions regarding some cases while cashiering today and I would appreciate any suggestions.

1. A guest applied for a Red Card and it was approved, and a temporary Red Card was printed. When I tried to scan the barcode on the temporary Red Card, the card reader flashed a message reading "Invalid Card Type" after the guest entered their pin number. The guest attempted to enter their pin number a few times before a GSTL came to my register and went to guest services in order to take care of the situation. In the end, the guest paid with another credit card, and presumably received 5% off at guest services for being approved for a Red Card application. Even my GSTL was befuddled about why the machine would not accept the temporary Red Card and I was wondering if anyone else had encountered a similar situation.

2. Another guest wanted to pay with their Red Card, which was attached to their Target account, so when I scanned the guest's Cartwheel and pressed Total, the payment was automatically made and processed. The problem was that the guest apparently had gift cards on their smartphone that they wanted to use, which they could not because the payment was already completed. I vaguely remember that the item list after I scanned the guest's Cartwheel said "Cartwheel" and had another line below it before it proceeded to show "Authorizing", like a normal transaction and the receipt printed. Again, my GSTL came over and handled the situation at guest services, but I was wondering if I could have done anything to prevent this inconvenience. The guest had trouble finding their electronic gift cards, but if they had found the gift cards, could I have scanned the gift cards first, and then gone back and scanned Cartwheel onto the item list before returning to the final screen to accept the remaining payment without voiding their gift card payments? I think that the guest's screen in the Target app showed an image of "Cartwheel"+"Target Red Card", which meant that the Cartwheel was automatically attached to the Red Card, but I am not 100% sure of this either.

Thanks again for your help, and I really appreciate your opinions and suggestions!

1. If they applied for the RedCard during a sale transaction, you should not have had to scan the barcode on the temporary slip. Whenever I've gotten a successful application, the temp prints, you tap Enter to continue, they enter their new PIN again on the keypad, and then their receipt prints.

If it was a separate transaction, you may have a bad spot on the printer that damaged the barcode. If that's the case, there is nothing that can be done on our end, because we can't access their card number or account information. Suggest they create an online account for their RedCard as soon as possible, download the Target app, and set up Wallet so they can use their new account while they wait for the permanent card. (at least, I think this will work with the temporary number....)

2. Payment by gift card is a feature "coming soon" to Wallet, but it's not live yet. And unfortunately, if you scan the gift card and then have to go back for Cartwheel, coupons, or more items, you have to back out the payment. GSTL probably processed it as a wrong payment so they could apply the gift cards.

If a guest wants to use gift cards that are saved in their Target account and have their red card in the wallet, they need to go into the payment and for those transactions change the form of payment (default) to "cash or physical card" before the cartwheel barcode is scanned. The would then need to touch the "account" button on the bottom and then open their "gift cards" tab. If they have physical gift cards they still need to enter cash or physical card as the default and then after cartwheel is scanned and you press total you would scan the physical gift cards.

Here's an issue I have with the new wallet. A guest today wanted to use a physical gift card plus her wallet (which included cartwheel + red card). There is no way to apply a physical gift card payment and still be able to use the wallet feature. I had to delete the gift card payment and give the card back to her in order for her to pay using wallet. She was pretty chill about it but it is definitely a bug that needs to be considered ASAP.

Here's an issue I have with the new wallet. A guest today wanted to use a physical gift card plus her wallet (which included cartwheel + red card). There is no way to apply a physical gift card payment and still be able to use the wallet feature. I had to delete the gift card payment and give the card back to her in order for her to pay using wallet. She was pretty chill about it but it is definitely a bug that needs to be considered ASAP.

Payment by gift card is coming to Wallet. Then the guests just need to register their cards into their Target.com account.

That said, though, I can't see too many people willing to go through that hoop with a handful of $5 promo cards. So, yeah, there's still work to be done even when gift card rolls out.

The guest should be able to remove her red card from her cartwheel before scanning it. Then scan cartwheel (along with paper coupons) and hit total. Scan gift cards to deduct that from the amount owed. Add the red card info back to cartwheel and scan it again while still on the pay screen. Should finish the transaction using their red card for payment.

The guest should be able to remove her red card from her cartwheel before scanning it. Then scan cartwheel (along with paper coupons) and hit total. Scan gift cards to deduct that from the amount owed. Add the red card info back to cartwheel and scan it again while still on the pay screen. Should finish the transaction using their red card for payment.

Considering that Wallet is supposed to simplify the checkout process, this just the opposite. Spot needs to fix this before the early adopters start trashing Wallet.

Considering that Wallet is supposed to simplify the checkout process, this just the opposite. Spot needs to fix this before the early adopters start trashing Wallet.

I agree totally. Before this update went live for guests I had the ability to add gift cards to my wallet. Once it went live for everyone it changed to “coming soon”.

Thanks for all of your responses guys!

With regards to the first situation, I shouldn't have scanned the barcode again, but I should have pressed Enter, and then the guest would have put in the PIN for the newly created Red Card.

For the second situation, I had another guest yesterday who had the Red Card in the Wallet, so when I scanned it the line "Red Card payment" appeared before I pressed Total. I alerted the guest that the payment would go through automatically and confirmed if they had any gift cards they wanted to use before pressing Total.

I agree that the Wallet feature is making the payment process more complicated because the guest will have to remove the Red Card from the Wallet before paying if they would like to use gift cards. Hopefully Target can get this issue resolved soon.

If this hasn’t been said before— if a guest realizes after that they have a GC they want to apply, calla GSTL or send them to GS. We can fix it— it’s what we’re here for! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back