Archived Offensive Super Bowl T-shirts

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just surprised they're up in arms about these t-shirts when some of the other ones we sell year round are much worse.

There are two kinds of people...
128201602094560593.jpg

This..

Though paying $60 for a women's T-shirt for my hockey team, yeah fuck that. When the guys stuff is $40..

Ok really off the soapbox now.

The price of women's clothing compared to men's, particularly when the clothing uses far less fabric in general, is a fucking disgrace. But that's a different conversation than the "offensive" shirts, I suppose....

The price of women's clothing compared to men's, particularly when the clothing uses far less fabric in general, is a fucking disgrace. But that's a different conversation than the "offensive" shirts, I suppose....

It offends me that I am charged the pink tax. o_O But in general dumb saying t-shirts are cool with me, I get the joke and move on to the next shirt. Cause I am not stupid and don't put stupid shit on like that.

and this is where people need some "fluctuation" with their sense of humor. We can make that middle section as big as we want !! Insert "Funny, not "offensive" tee shirts here !
upload_2018-1-28_18-50-32.png

I am a little bothered that theres a pink tax now on "hotwheels for girls" the shopkins cutie cars....they are literally hotwheels painted pink....and one car costs $5 when hot wheels cost $1 i really really want them for my daughter but i refuse to pay the pink tax.

I am a little bothered that theres a pink tax now on "hotwheels for girls" the shopkins cutie cars....they are literally hotwheels painted pink....and one car costs $5 when hot wheels cost $1 i really really want them for my daughter but i refuse to pay the pink tax.

Shopkins is owned by Moose Toys. Hot Wheels is owned by Mattel.

Different companies can charge different prices for their product.

That's not a pink tax.

Products made for women costing more than (essentially) the same thing created/marketed for men. Most notable when it comes to clothing, IME.

okay but generally Ready to Wear is much larger than Men's is, and there's a lot more brand diversity in RTW. i'm not going to dismiss anyone's feelings about the shirt but I personally don't find it offensive because statistically men are more likely to be watching the super bowl than women are. 55% of super bowl viewers in 2011 were men compared to only 45% women (most recent data I could find)

I find these shirts funny and I’m a football fan. I have friends who give zero shits about football that I would give these shirts to. This easily butthurt society is gonna drive me nuts one of these days. 60683506-FF2E-42DB-821A-63792B658DCC.jpeg

A girl’s father bought one for his teenage daughter the other day, he looked disappointed in her lol. I tried helping the cashier find the DPCI and I didn’t even know what to type in. Resorted to going to SL to grab another.

And...... the recall was issued today for these shirts !!!!!! So..... To the woman that "got behind" this cause declaring that we're demeaning women:
I'm offended that you can't see the humor in it. "Someone" or "Something" has to be the butt of a joke, plain and simple. If you're not laughing it's YOU!!!!! YOU are the butt !!!!! And when you whine about it..... YOU are the ass !!
Life is FULL of things to 'get up on your soapbox and protest'. Go find a good cause and support it........ and leave those damn little tee-shirts alone.

**Sprinkles stepping down from soapbox**....

And...... the recall was issued today for these shirts !!!!!! So..... To the woman that "got behind" this cause declaring that we're demeaning women:
I'm offended that you can't see the humor in it. "Someone" or "Something" has to be the butt of a joke, plain and simple. If you're not laughing it's YOU!!!!! YOU are the butt !!!!! And when you whine about it..... YOU are the ass !!
Life is FULL of things to 'get up on your soapbox and protest'. Go find a good cause and support it........ and leave those damn little tee-shirts alone.

**Sprinkles stepping down from soapbox**....

Recalled? Unbelievable. So stupid. I despise social media warriors.

Oh, FFS (on the recall).

I confess I did a bit of a double-take when I first heard the term "u-boat" but more in a "you really couldn't find a better term that didn't have such negative connotations?" kind of way.

I saw that those shirts were on an MIR, along with some St. Patrick’s Day shirts. Those said “Straight Outta Ireland” and “Ready to Paddy.” Paddy was a slur in like the 30s and I have no idea what’s wrong with the former.

Never knew "u-boat" was considered offensive. I've heard those vehicles called that my entire life. When dad worked at a supermarket while I was growing up, when I worked at a supermarket, and now that we have them.

I saw that those shirts were on an MIR, along with some St. Patrick’s Day shirts. Those said “Straight Outta Ireland” and “Ready to Paddy.” Paddy was a slur in like the 30s and I have no idea what’s wrong with the former.
Cultural appropriation?

Get a funny bone people!

Oh, FFS (on the recall).

I confess I did a bit of a double-take when I first heard the term "u-boat" but more in a "you really couldn't find a better term that didn't have such negative connotations?" kind of way.

Hubby works for Meijer. They took one of the ends off and call them L-boats. .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back