Archived Offsite driver core roles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all, is the offsite driver required to only drive to and from their store/offsite or all target stores in their region? 10+ stores constantly with no gps provided (getting lost, no Fasttrak & told to use google maps on smartphone illegally in hand -no mount- while driving which does not show truck routes etc) all input and help is appreciated.

Last edited:
Speaking of offsite drivers sounds like driving the people on cruise ships to Target and back seems like a sweet gig

I didn't realize stores still had offsites, let alone a district with 10+ of them. Thought they were all eliminated over the past few years.

Reactions: Him
I was hired as an offsite driver for one store which has an offsite, Was told at orientation etc i would be bringing backstock/pulls and more back and forth from that one store to its offsite. (Regular logistics task during downtime if any) All of a sudden i am being told to make trips to multiple stores on top of my regular store trips which is resulting in missed breaks, getting lost etc. No directions are provided from my store superiors when the trip is to a new or far store. These other stores some have offsites some do not. I was asking if this was in the offsite driver core roles because i was never told or had this mentioned to me when i was hired. I can be halfway into a shift and an etL will say oh you need to go here or there now and when i reply i have no idea how to get to that store they tell me “oh just google it while driving the truck”

Last edited:
I guess I was just trying to point out that it's a very uncommon role and there may not be any experts on the topic on here.

Can you not look up directions before leaving? Or use a GPS app on your phone like google maps, and set it on the dash or some place you can easily see it? Surely it's not illegal to use a GPS while driving, as long as you aren't typing it in while on the road.

We have an offsite for the 3 city targets in my district. I don't really know much aside from what the ETL in charged of the offsite have shared with us when she was our ETL-Remodel. She only mentioned her tms from her home store. That and that she's in charged of the offsite that is serving for the 3 city targets. Sorry. Maybe it's bec the other stores has lost their drivers? My district's targets would often help each other.

Usually the trips are randomly told to us last minute and most routes the truck is not allowed which makes it harder to navigate. The truck is big, dash is slanted and there are just cup holders, tried putting the phone there hit a bump and ends up on the floor sliding around. (Not fun when lost) Thanks for the response, im hopeful someone will know for sure if this is allowed.
I guess I was just trying to point out that it's a very uncommon role and there may not be any experts on the topic on here.

Can you not look up directions before leaving? Or use a GPS app on your phone like google maps, and set it on the dash or some place you can easily see it? Surely it's not illegal to use a GPS while driving, as long as you aren't typing it in while on the road.

I didn't realize stores still had offsites, let alone a district with 10+ of them. Thought they were all eliminated over the past few years.
I too thought stores eliminated this as well. Wonder exactly how many offsites are still operational. Because the two stores are worked at had them and were the range of a large volume store and a small volume store. Both no longer have offsites.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back