Archived Oh no.....they're all coming back

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the past 20 years, Target has shown customers you don’t need to spend a fortune in order to look fashionable.

Thanks to then mass market retailer’s “Design for All” program, which works to launch capsule collections with high-end labels like Zac Posen, Lilly Pulitzer, Missoni, Rodarte and Jason Wu (just to name a few), customers can add aspirational designs to their closet at a fraction of the usual cost. As 2019 marks two decades of Target’s top-selling collaborations, the retail behemoth is set to release a 20th anniversary collection featuring nearly 300 limited edition items from all of the past designer collabs.

For a limited time starting on September 14, Target shoppers will have the chance to purchase up to five items per size and color from the collection while supplies last, both in-store and online.

You know, I really don't think the name "Karen" fits the type of guest it is supposed to be describing. The hard "K" gives it a strong sound - I feel like Cheryl or Susan or Linda is more apropos to the type of entitled biatch most people are talking about. Karen just doesn't work for me. Guess that ship has sailed though. 😕

ETA: No, my name is not Karen, lol.

I vote Victoria Beckham. That black dress with the white collar was hideous.
I wouldn't say hideous, but it was very Wednesday Addams. 😄 The rest of her collection was pretty great though.

I just looked up most of the collections and there is a lot of ugly to had for sure, lol. Biggest problem I have with them is there are too many dresses and not near enough jeans, jackets and other more casual wear. The last time I wore a dress was about five years ago at a cousin's wedding, and I've been to a few weddings since then and worn pants. I'm over it.

Also, the totes and bags are always huge. Who needs a bag that big? Make the bag smaller and the handles a bit longer. The proportions are always wrong for me.

You know, I really don't think the name "Karen" fits the type of guest it is supposed to be describing. The hard "K" gives it a strong sound - I feel like Cheryl or Susan or Linda is more apropos to the type of entitled biatch most people are talking about. Karen just doesn't work for me. Guess that ship has sailed though. 😕

ETA: No, my name is not Karen, lol.

Well I’m a Karen and I’m not looking forward to this... still have Vietnam flashbacks from the missoni set we had no time to finish because our leaders dropped the ball big time and then we had a huge visit walk in to check on it... nothing was ready. NOTHING.

This People article linked above is misleading as it says ALL of the collections are coming back. However, this article says only 20 are included:

I'm thinking it's just the 20 that are shown in that brand tile pic in the People article.

That makes more sense. I'm assuming Target would have to get permission all over again and there's no way they could get permission from everyone they've had a collaboration with.

I don't think I can handle anymore Marimekko or Lilly. Probably wouldn't have minded if they wanted to bring Adam Lippes back.

Last edited:
This People article linked above is misleading as it says ALL of the collections are coming back. However, this article says only 20 are included:

I'm thinking it's just the 20 that are shown in that brand tile pic in the People article.

In this article there is a video. The video mentions "design for all" and it also mentions disability. I wonder if that means there will be some adaptive clothing in this collection. That would be cool.

any chance of the tall rainboots making an appearance from Hunter??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back