Archived One Call-In

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still under the 90 day probationary period and I had to call in today because I'm not well enough to make it to work. I haven't called in before now though but I'm still worried because I really don't want to lose my job. I definitely don't plan to make this a habit

Even though I'm still under the probationary period? I know if I do it too often I'm terminated...

I appreciate the attempt at a joke but I'm seriously freaking out. I like my job and I really don't want to be fired

I know I'm probably freaking out over nothing but this is my first, like, corporate retail job. This is all new to me and I'm nervous.

Then stop freaking out, one time is fine. You won't get addicted if you do it just once or twice.

Oh yeah, and around these parts we're "team members" or TMs for short.

Now get your named changed to RelievedEmployee, ContentEmployee, HappyEmployee. Then when you get burned out from working: ExhaustedEmployee, JadedEmployee, JustAnotherEmployee.
Oh yeah, and around these parts we're "team members" or TMs for short.

I'm permanently exhausted anyway because of a chronic illness. I just put anxious employee because I worry about things so much, even when everything is fine, that I'm neurotic.

One call in is fine as others have said. Repeated call ins will cause you to lose your job. Also habitatual call ins ( once a month) etc. same goes for being late. Hopefully this eases your anxiety.

One call in is fine as others have said. Repeated call ins will cause you to lose your job. Also habitatual call ins ( once a month) etc. same goes for being late. Hopefully this eases your anxiety.

It does, thank you. I definitely don't plan on doing this often. I have to remember that life happens. I'm gonna get cough medicine today and take it and hopefully it helps.

Reactions: Him
Hang in there. Anxiety sucks but realize you need to take care of yourself.

I say you are usually safe with 2 call ins within 90. Anymore and you risk getting fired.

If you like to play it safe. Take a call in shift to get in their good graces.

Hang in there. Anxiety sucks but realize you need to take care of yourself.

I say you are usually safe with 2 call ins within 90. Anymore and you risk getting fired.

If you like to play it safe. Take a call in shift to get in their good graces.

I will, thank you. I'm gonna try to take an extra shift or two if I can, as well.

And if it's due to your anxiety issues, do discuss this with your TLs.

Like other have said...I think you will be fine. The fact that you are concerned over losing your job shows that you care about your job. That's more than can be said for a lot of tms. I suffer with anxiety as well...so I know how awful it can be. Hopefully things get better for you soon.

Came here for the same reason. I woke up with my eye swollen due to a blockage. I could probably Work but technically it’s contagious (caused by common bacteria most people have in their bodies) and it’s uncomfortable (and awkward looking). I am suppose to close tonight and open on Saturday oh and close Sunday. I’m within my 90 days as well. I’m on an ointment and doing compresses so I think I should be able to make Sunday...it’s stressing me out though and I want to call in soon even though I don’t work until 6 tonight

My mom had a similar eye infection last week and the swelling went down quite a bit by mid day so maybe see how it goes?

I wouldn't ask for more than tonight off though bc I think you will be fine with 24 hours.

I suffer from anxiety too. I was always feeling like I was going to be fired for this or that reason. One day I just realized that I wasn't happy or enjoying my job, so I stopped stressing over the little things and focused on doing the best job I know how to do.

Since then I've had to go home a couple times due to mental breakdowns at work due to anxiety... I asked to be switched to cashiering and hopefully that works. I do well as a cashier, for some reason.

One call in is fine. Typically if you under 90 and you did enough call ins where your TLs barely know who you are, them it's termination.

You'll be fine. It's the people who make it a habit that are a problem. You know somehow they're always sick or their grandfather died five times o_O

Since then I've had to go home a couple times due to mental breakdowns at work due to anxiety... I asked to be switched to cashiering and hopefully that works. I do well as a cashier, for some reason.

Interesting that you do better at cashiering with that. Is your store a small store?

@AnxiousEmployee you will be okay i have a chronic pain condition and unfortunately before i got my spinal cord stimulator put in in Aug. I had to call out 1-2 a month. During my probabtion period I did call out 2x I believe and I was a cashier they kept me on and moved me to cafe since I have a background in food and they were short but now I do a combo. I can now work 35-38 hours with my scs.

Depending on store it may be a bigger deal or not. After my 90 days I was coached 1x on attendance but it is the season for colds and personally I am sure your store would rather you stay home. I am getting my second cold of the season cos several people are sick including a gsa and they come to work that way, I have a crappy immune system.

Hope you feel better soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back