ONE FOR ONE

I tweak every time I go in the back room to look for something in Style - there is so much crap backstocked that could easily fit on the floor. Stuff I would have never backstocked to begin with, like jeans and t shirts - there is PLENTY of room on our fixtures for UT jeans and AND folded tops - why are they in the back? And many of them are not even located. Plus the aisles are messy, with empty hangers, boxes, and trash on the shelves - if I had time I would purge the whole mess.

Plus, why do we have SO MUCH Baby Hardlines? SO SO much. And more coming in on every truck, pallets of stuff.

Style that is easy, they don't have to refold as much. Which is fine, I get understand that. But fuck you gotta replenish it daily then. And they do not..

Our DBO of infant hardlines has the same questions. She sells say one car seat, next truck we get three of them. We already had three in the back. Diapers are the same way. It is getting ridiculous.

Style that is easy, they don't have to refold as much. Which is fine, I get understand that. But fuck you gotta replenish it daily then. And they do not..

Our DBO of infant hardlines has the same questions. She sells say one car seat, next truck we get three of them. We already had three in the back. Diapers are the same way. It is getting ridiculous.

We have baby flats go out to the floor jam packed and maybe five boxes of diapers on it go out. It's so stupid

Then you have to take 10 million years to backstock it all

Definitely a weird ASANTS. We have a difficult time keeping most of baby hardlines in stock. It comes in, it goes right out the door. The backroom aisle for it is mostly empty. We only have way too much when they send us a bunch of diapers and wipes in anticipation of a sale, but things are normally back to normal by Saturday. (Big exception for the current crib deal. They sent us a shitload of cribs and they aren't selling at all.) Anything related to babies/toddlers is just a big seller at my store, especially if we're talking online sales.

On topic: baby hardlines is super easy to keep up with the one for ones because there isn't much of anything in the back to pull out. I did them today to help out the DBO because she had a big truck. Took about 5 minutes to pull and 15 to stock between orders. And, that's after a busy weekend. Easy peasy.

Definitely a weird ASANTS. We have a difficult time keeping most of baby hardlines in stock. It comes in, it goes right out the door. The backroom aisle for it is mostly empty. We only have way too much when they send us a bunch of diapers and wipes in anticipation of a sale, but things are normally back to normal by Saturday. (Big exception for the current crib deal. They sent us a shitload of cribs and they aren't selling at all.) Anything related to babies/toddlers is just a big seller at my store, especially if we're talking online sales.

On topic: baby hardlines is super easy to keep up with the one for ones because there isn't much of anything in the back to pull out. I did them today to help out the DBO because she had a big truck. Took about 5 minutes to pull and 15 to stock between orders. And, that's after a busy weekend. Easy peasy.

Maybe your store is a different (what's the word, rank?) than mine? What'd your store make last year? Ours is somewhere in the vicinity of 38-41 mil

Last edited:
Maybe your store is better than mine? What'd your store make last year? Ours is somewhere in the vicinity of 38-41 mil

Nah. We're not better. Not sure on sales offhand. We just have a very young mother demographic. We have plenty of other shit that we have way too much of that never sells. Looking at you Men's! Seriously, the DC needs to stop sending us men's dress shirts and pants. We can't even sell it on clearance.

Nah. We're not better. Not sure on sales offhand. We just have a very young mother demographic. We have plenty of other shit that we have way too much of that never sells. Looking at you Men's! Seriously, the DC needs to stop sending us men's dress shirts and pants. We can't even sell it on clearance.

Same here lol. Our men's clearance rack is always full to bursting. Men's shoes sell so badly they have one small section that's not even IN shoes.

Same here lol. Our men's clearance rack is always full to bursting. Men's shoes sell so badly they have one small section that's not even IN shoes.

LMAO. Same on the shoes. I still get shit from our style team because I grabbed a pair of shoes while on the clock and hid them in the fitting room to purchase after work about two months ago. They laugh that I thought anyone else might buy them. In my defense, they were on a good sale and they are very comfortable.

The problem with our Men's shoes is that we have a terrible selection, and we don't carry much (or any) of what men are looking for, which is good athletic shoes and work boots. We have a small selection of dress shoes, a paltry amount of low-quality athletics and slippers, and no work boots.

As for clothes, we have no Mens hanging in the back room and very little folded. Lots of underwear and socks though. Our clearance sells pretty well. My town likes a bargain.

The problem with our Men's shoes is that we have a terrible selection, and we don't carry much (or any) of what men are looking for, which is good athletic shoes and work boots. We have a small selection of dress shoes, a paltry amount of low-quality athletics and slippers, and no work boots.

As for clothes, we have no Mens hanging in the back room and very little folded. Lots of underwear and socks though. Our clearance sells pretty well. My town likes a bargain.

Same here...we have a pathetic amount of dress shoes, and pseudo athletic brands, lots of flipflops, and maybe one or two kinds of work boots. I always advise people to either go to Walmart, or do the math and get their size in a ladies' athletic shoe.

Back