ONE FOR ONE

You have to be a TL to check greenfield though, correct? Definitely a good idea to write down the DPCI / Eaches for each batch though; I may need to start doing it.
Leaders at my store seem to pick and choose what they want to do with modernization. We still have a Pog team, and there's still a BR team in the morning and usually me for backroom during the day. Nobody else pulls any batches, although they usually have people do their own backstock.

Just for the record, the batches I'm supposed to start at 3 and have finished by the time I leave are... *ahem...* SCTY, MMM1, 2, BELC, ELEC, TOY1, 2, 3, BB01, 03, LUGG, SPRT, BIKE, PLAS, BPLS (pronounced bitch please), FURN, IFUR, SEA1, 2, 3, BEDS, DOMS, BATH, HOME, HIPA, PLUG, STAT, OFCE, PETS, PET2, COSM, PHAR, HB01, 02. Then, since I'm supposed to do softlines last, and I've never gotten this far, WMNS, GIRL, BOYS, MENS, SHO1, 2, and all the rest of the new softline batches that I forget the exact name of.

1 to 1 batches for every single one of them. And for one person, that is simply not even remotely possible. It doesn't matter how hard or fast I work. Nobody can fit 6+ hours of work into 90 minutes.
Anyone can check greenfield. Some cards are filtered based off your position but team members can see most stuff

You have to be a TL to check greenfield though, correct? Definitely a good idea to write down the DPCI / Eaches for each batch though; I may need to start doing it.
Leaders at my store seem to pick and choose what they want to do with modernization. We still have a Pog team, and there's still a BR team in the morning and usually me for backroom during the day. Nobody else pulls any batches, although they usually have people do their own backstock.

Just for the record, the batches I'm supposed to start at 3 and have finished by the time I leave are... *ahem...* SCTY, MMM1, 2, BELC, ELEC, TOY1, 2, 3, BB01, 03, LUGG, SPRT, BIKE, PLAS, BPLS (pronounced bitch please), FURN, IFUR, SEA1, 2, 3, BEDS, DOMS, BATH, HOME, HIPA, PLUG, STAT, OFCE, PETS, PET2, COSM, PHAR, HB01, 02. Then, since I'm supposed to do softlines last, and I've never gotten this far, WMNS, GIRL, BOYS, MENS, SHO1, 2, and all the rest of the new softline batches that I forget the exact name of.

1 to 1 batches for every single one of them. And for one person, that is simply not even remotely possible. It doesn't matter how hard or fast I work. Nobody can fit 6+ hours of work into 90 minutes.

yeah that's No, from me and all right thinking humans

Dude your SD is fucked if he's that behind on Modernization at this point lmfao.

You need to be looking for a new job like yesterday

1:1s have to be done every fillgroup everyday. It is like ripping off a bandaid. It sucks at first, but it gets better each day. My store used to have thousands of eaches in all 1:1s. It took a few weeks, but now they are tiny everyday. Autofills are now almost non existent since everything is on the floor. As a DBO, once you get your aisles full as possible it makes your everyday work so much easier! Think about your day if you had little to no batches to pull.

Like I said, it looks and feels daunting at first, but the strategy works and makes your job easier in the long run.
can confirm my pulls went from 60 tasks to 30 in a couple weeks and now I'm surprised to see it hit 20 tasks. I still see my buddies over in HBO, Pharmacy, Home, Domestics and such pulling huge 100+ task batches but it'll even out eventually.

But there will be no uboats for the next truck
trucks shouldnt be every day so the team who works salesfloor the next day should help finish truck and set the line for the day after...that's how we do it but we only roll truck in specific areas and they just have everyone pitch in for an hour to knock it all out the next day. It literally doesn't take a lot of effort if you have every hardlines team member pitch in. Market seems to be the one who rolls over the most and it just takes literally an hour of everyone pitching in to fix the issue.

Our normal is 5. Last week 6 and this week 6. Peak 4th quarter we were told today will be 9 trucks because we are killing it in sales. yippee?

When I started 3 years ago, my store got 3 trucks a week. When I left it was definitely 1 every day and doubles were probably about 1 a week.

And it mystifies me. Our sales floor didn't get bigger. Softlines side of things, we didn't appear to be selling that much more. We definitely weren't selling at a pace that matched the amount of product arriving; a pair of pants would have 2 of a certain size, then 5, then 7, then there'd be 4 of that size on the floor and almost a dozen in the back and still more would come. When I was taught how to backstock as part of the beginning of e2e, wacos were partially filled only to about my eye level, if that high. When I left we were going all the way to the top shelf to store folded and packaged items since everything from the second from top shelf on down was packed tight with merchandise. There was no hanging items in the backroom, and when I left all the bars in the back were stuffed full and there were also a few z racks that were full of backstock hanging.

One time I was part of a group that purged hanging of clearance and salvage. By the time we were done only about a quarter of the clothes stayed in the back, there was so much clearance and salvage. There was no room anywhere on the floor to keep them, so they just took up valuable bar space with no opportunity to make money off them.

So for those who are in the know....why is there so damn much merchandise being shipped to stores? Why is there more than they can reasonably sell? Why is there no 1:1, where that item is shipped only when an item was sold, and have someone who reads all the damned shipping reports have the power to say "Gee, we shipped them 5 of size eight AND skirts with X dpci and only 2 have sold. I'll cancel 2 of the 4 more that are due to go out, so replenishment will match sales."? It can't be that hard to make # in and # out match each other.

When I started 3 years ago, my store got 3 trucks a week. When I left it was definitely 1 every day and doubles were probably about 1 a week.

And it mystifies me. Our sales floor didn't get bigger. Softlines side of things, we didn't appear to be selling that much more. We definitely weren't selling at a pace that matched the amount of product arriving; a pair of pants would have 2 of a certain size, then 5, then 7, then there'd be 4 of that size on the floor and almost a dozen in the back and still more would come. When I was taught how to backstock as part of the beginning of e2e, wacos were partially filled only to about my eye level, if that high. When I left we were going all the way to the top shelf to store folded and packaged items since everything from the second from top shelf on down was packed tight with merchandise. There was no hanging items in the backroom, and when I left all the bars in the back were stuffed full and there were also a few z racks that were full of backstock hanging.

One time I was part of a group that purged hanging of clearance and salvage. By the time we were done only about a quarter of the clothes stayed in the back, there was so much clearance and salvage. There was no room anywhere on the floor to keep them, so they just took up valuable bar space with no opportunity to make money off them.

So for those who are in the know....why is there so damn much merchandise being shipped to stores? Why is there more than they can reasonably sell? Why is there no 1:1, where that item is shipped only when an item was sold, and have someone who reads all the damned shipping reports have the power to say "Gee, we shipped them 5 of size eight AND skirts with X dpci and only 2 have sold. I'll cancel 2 of the 4 more that are due to go out, so replenishment will match sales."? It can't be that hard to make # in and # out match each other.
Right now we aren't too bad, at least Mens and RTW aren't. Kids and Intimates (specifically bras) have way too much back stock.

Although, one thing I'm noticing is a lot of stuff backstocked when there seems to be plenty of room on the floor for the items. We just starting getting into the swing of one-for-one in Style, so maybe that will help. But it seems to me that my fellow TMs are backstocking when they should be flexing or filling empty space. I think they are treating the VMG like it's engraved in stone - if you have the room, it's ok to have two piles of a certain color t shirt instead of one.

That must be nice, having that much room. Our floor was filled almost to the point of difficulty walking between the racks. Yeah, we had a few more that typically weren't used, but there was no walking space to put them. And the racks that could be finger spaced were few, and were in the front featuring a certain look. Most of it, there was so much packing that you couldn't remove something from the center of the bar without knocking other stuff down.

And part of the reason the racks were overstuffed is because backstock was over stuffed and for a lot of people, it was easier to squish it in the floor than to take it to the back and squish it there (the bars and z's were ridiculously packed), and get the stink eye from the unload team and have it all be right back on the z's to go out the very next day. Exercise in futility, trying to backstock the extras.

Ours is normally 4 trucks a week, going up to 7 in the holidays with occasional doubles in Q4. And we barely managed to do doubles in years past, I don't even want to know how bad it'll be this year

If your back room is filling up (outside of style) it is likely that TMs are using the audit function instead of exf and zeroing out product that is in the store. Also possible that things in back aren't located so not coming out in pulls, or no one is completing pulls.

If your back room is filling up (outside of style) it is likely that TMs are using the audit function instead of exf and zeroing out product that is in the store. Also possible that things in back aren't located so not coming out in pulls, or no one is completing pulls.
TMs except Beauty, Electronics and leads should not use Audit. Corporate should have warned the store if that happened.

Hanging has no backroom location. And all the packaged and folded items weren't too terribly off - when the zebra said we had 10 of one item we usually had exactly that, one or two more or less sometimes, the zebra never said we had considerably less.

Hanging has no backroom location. And all the packaged and folded items weren't too terribly off - when the zebra said we had 10 of one item we usually had exactly that, one or two more or less sometimes, the zebra never said we had considerably less.
Yes, but are there things back there that the zebra thinks aren't there at all? Says zero cases of cheerios and there are two.

Hanging style is different. Because style changes so often compared to the rest of the store (products have a few months at best, vs that Opalhouse soap dispenser that we might carry for 2 years) they tend to send most of it to the stores at once so new can come in. It's a different game.

Yes, but are there things back there that the zebra thinks aren't there at all? Says zero cases of cheerios and there are two.

Hanging style is different. Because style changes so often compared to the rest of the store (products have a few months at best, vs that Opalhouse soap dispenser that we might carry for 2 years) they tend to send most of it to the stores at once so new can come in. It's a different game.
Believe me, when the waco held every bit of 60 girls' leggings, it was very accurate when it said that there were 7 of the sparkly black size 8.

And what is the point in sending 12 pairs of size 8 khakis in the lighter shade if there's no room to put it on the floor? There were days that I really wondered if the person who decided how much stuff should be shipped to a store ever consulted with the architect who designed the size of the building and the size of the sales floor.

Ship from store has a lot to do with why stores are getting more and larger trucks. Since stores are pretty much online distribution centers now, they send excess freight to accommodate guests in store and online.

Back