ONE FOR ONE

Hey welcome! If you want there’s already a thread for this.

We have been catching it up, over time. I was just saying that we finally finished some. And yes, I was there with 500-600, over some time, finally finished some...... knock my progress down, I always get back up.... ;)

My 1 for 1 batches (HBO1 and PHAR) are starting to look like this, finally. Someone else is doing them on days I'm not there so I'm not smacked with a huge pull (along with a larger-than-usual truck). I still don't like pulling 1 each of 17 different toothpastes, but at least the eaches are a manageable number, so I guess I'll take it.

There'd be days I'd fill 3-4 vehicles up in the morning and only knock like 15% off the total in the gun.

We're caught up now but only because the DTL was on our ass about it. Meanwhile we're like 4 trucks behind on repacks in certain departments.

Hey @commiecorvus can we merge these

https%3A%2F%2Fapi.thedrive.com%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2019%2F05%2Fmn-draft5.png

Hey @commiecorvus can we merge these

Lets see.

Our GM ETL gets upset when they can’t drop the 1 for 1 batches in the system for Elec, BELEC, & SCTY since we are actually caught up with them lol.
Why “can’t” you if you’re caught up? If you’re caught up you should just be replacing your autos in the AM

So my store has been doing the 1 to 1s instead of CAFs for about 3 weeks now, and it's pretty much been only me pulling. My schedule is generally 12 to 6:30. From 12 to 1 I either backstock, pull price change from the day before, or general other tasks. At 1:00, I need to drop 1 to 1s for DIPR, BB01 & 03, PAPR, CHEM, GRC1, 2, &3, BEV1 & 2, CNDY, SNCK, PRO1, DARY, MEAT, BAKE, and FRZN. At 3:00 I need to drop literally everything else.

The problem is that I am the only one pulling. I usually get a head start on PAPR and CHEM before, which allows me to sometimes finish the 1s just before 3. However, I never even come close to finishing the 3's by 6:30, let alone the 4:30 goal management expects me to make. No 15 minute breaks, but I do have to take a lunch. Every day one or more of the ETLs will tell me I need to "Just work faster."
Since the people setting PoGs never pull their batches, that just makes my day that much harder. And I have never gotten to the softlines batches, and I usually run out of time during or before I have to start the HB batches, which have upwards of 70 DPCIs each.
Since I never finish, I'm about to get put on corrective action. What should I do, since neither me nor anybody else can convince the ETLs that I'm not simply lazy?

So my store has been doing the 1 to 1s instead of CAFs for about 3 weeks now, and it's pretty much been only me pulling. My schedule is generally 12 to 6:30. From 12 to 1 I either backstock, pull price change from the day before, or general other tasks. At 1:00, I need to drop 1 to 1s for DIPR, BB01 & 03, PAPR, CHEM, GRC1, 2, &3, BEV1 & 2, CNDY, SNCK, PRO1, DARY, MEAT, BAKE, and FRZN. At 3:00 I need to drop literally everything else.

The problem is that I am the only one pulling. I usually get a head start on PAPR and CHEM before, which allows me to sometimes finish the 1s just before 3. However, I never even come close to finishing the 3's by 6:30, let alone the 4:30 goal management expects me to make. No 15 minute breaks, but I do have to take a lunch. Every day one or more of the ETLs will tell me I need to "Just work faster."
Since the people setting PoGs never pull their batches, that just makes my day that much harder. And I have never gotten to the softlines batches, and I usually run out of time during or before I have to start the HB batches, which have upwards of 70 DPCIs each.
Since I never finish, I'm about to get put on corrective action. What should I do, since neither me nor anybody else can convince the ETLs that I'm not simply lazy?
They are having you pull one for ones for the entire store? That's crazy, we are pulling our own here.

Document how big all the pulls are if you can. Everyday bev 1 2 candy and snack is dropped and that’s usually around 200 locations for us. That’s only 4 batches and there are a lot more areas to drop for the entire store so your probably in the 1000s when everything is dropped. With the holidays coming up it’s only going to get much bigger.

At 1:00, I need to drop 1 to 1s for DIPR, BB01 & 03, PAPR, CHEM, GRC1, 2, &3, BEV1 & 2, CNDY, SNCK, PRO1, DARY, MEAT, BAKE, and FRZN. At 3:00 I need to drop literally everything else.
No 15 minute breaks... Every day one or more of the ETLs will tell me I need to "Just work faster."
Your ETLs are assholes.

I think we only drop & pull 1 for 1s maybe twice a day. In the morning and maybe the evening if we have people scheduled in those areas which isn't often. Morning pulls are supposed to be done before noon for us. And we all pull our own too.

If you’re familiar or know someone who is, check greenfield after you drop them. Greenfield move workload under replenishment will tell you estimated pull time and estimated push time for every batch. I’ve found it to be pretty accurate

If you’re familiar or know someone who is, check greenfield after you drop them. Greenfield move workload under replenishment will tell you estimated pull time and estimated push time for every batch. I’ve found it to be pretty accurate

if possible, asking for a "friend", okay our ETL has no idea how to work greenfield, what steps to take to get to this report?

You have to be a TL to check greenfield though, correct? Definitely a good idea to write down the DPCI / Eaches for each batch though; I may need to start doing it.
Leaders at my store seem to pick and choose what they want to do with modernization. We still have a Pog team, and there's still a BR team in the morning and usually me for backroom during the day. Nobody else pulls any batches, although they usually have people do their own backstock.

Just for the record, the batches I'm supposed to start at 3 and have finished by the time I leave are... *ahem...* SCTY, MMM1, 2, BELC, ELEC, TOY1, 2, 3, BB01, 03, LUGG, SPRT, BIKE, PLAS, BPLS (pronounced bitch please), FURN, IFUR, SEA1, 2, 3, BEDS, DOMS, BATH, HOME, HIPA, PLUG, STAT, OFCE, PETS, PET2, COSM, PHAR, HB01, 02. Then, since I'm supposed to do softlines last, and I've never gotten this far, WMNS, GIRL, BOYS, MENS, SHO1, 2, and all the rest of the new softline batches that I forget the exact name of.

1 to 1 batches for every single one of them. And for one person, that is simply not even remotely possible. It doesn't matter how hard or fast I work. Nobody can fit 6+ hours of work into 90 minutes.

Back