ONE FOR ONE

Ship from store has a lot to do with why stores are getting more and larger trucks. Since stores are pretty much online distribution centers now, they send excess freight to accommodate guests in store and online.
Well that makes sense! So they basically want all that excess to be located in the back. Makes me wish SFS received separate loads just for them. Not to be selfish, but I care about the sales floor, not online orders.

Ship from store has a lot to do with why stores are getting more and larger trucks. Since stores are pretty much online distribution centers now, they send excess freight to accommodate guests in store and online.
They announced at fall national that store will see “even more freight than ever before” and they expect some sort of excitement. The room was dead silent and the dude goes “well this is awkward”. What did he expect???😂

Believe me, when the waco held every bit of 60 girls' leggings, it was very accurate when it said that there were 7 of the sparkly black size 8.

And what is the point in sending 12 pairs of size 8 khakis in the lighter shade if there's no room to put it on the floor? There were days that I really wondered if the person who decided how much stuff should be shipped to a store ever consulted with the architect who designed the size of the building and the size of the sales floor.

They have to get it out of the warehouse so the next month's order has space. The store is the warehouse for much of style. It's too seasonal. The food warehouse can hold those turkeys for 2 years and they will still sell, but that rust sweater could be "ugly" next month.
Well that makes sense! So they basically want all that excess to be located in the back. Makes me wish SFS received separate loads just for them. Not to be selfish, but I care about the sales floor, not online orders.

It keeps your salesfloor fuller too, though, reduces the risk of missed sales (shipt too), and you spend less time zoning a full store.

Not a bad strategy...though clearly invented by someone in an office.

You should care about online orders. They count towards your department's sales. The more online orders your department gets the more payroll hours it gets in the future. Corporate has spent a lot of money recently promoting our various fulfillment options. It's paying off with a substantial increase in online orders. I blow past OPU/DU forecast before 3pm most days right now. If those orders are for clothes, and my lord they are because I do a brisk business in kids' clothes, that's more payroll for style in the future.

Last edited:
For softlines (sorry, Style) I don't buy it. If trying to get everything out at once to make more room for new fashion seasons was the actual thing going on, then why wasn't it that way for the first 1½-2 years of my time there? And how can you pack a store with more than they can possibly put on the floor if you want it sold instead of salvage?

They sent us much less summer clothes this year than last. We had soooooo many pairs of mens shorts that went clearance and then salvage last year - this year was much more manageable. Same with women's bathing suits. So I think they have adjusted somewhat. But they did way overestimate kids shorts, still have tons of those.

They announced at fall national that store will see “even more freight than ever before” and they expect some sort of excitement. The room was dead silent and the dude goes “well this is awkward”. What did he expect???😂

Considering how F'd up everyone's backrooms were shortly after Modernization was started... how much of a death trap they became... this is the exact reaction I would have expected. Just goes to show how myopic corporate can be.

That was before the horrible backrooms made the news, though, right? Since everyone spiffs up their stores for visits, Corporate probably is totally clueless about such things.

What does that silly phrase "come clean" mean?
To come clean means to complete the task - clearance marked, truck sorted and pushed, reshop sorted and pushed, mancafs pulled and stocked, backstock located. If I say Style came clean with today's truck, that means everything was sorted and all departments pushed out their merchandise.

My day goes like this :

zone all aisles
Pull one for ones for my two fill groups.
Truck
Set end caps /side caps
Audit
In between collect reshop and other misc stuff.

out of this , audit happens only when I get time to do that . But when I get time I do a thorough audit so that within next couple of days all my empty shelves in the aisle are stocked . If you do your 1 for 1s daily , you will have only less tasks ( compared to where you began). When I started I had close to 400 tasks per fill group which is now down to 100 or little lesser than that .

Im not sure what a DBO is but each of us have a fill group. Except some of us take a couple. Bev 1 and 2 and liq. are the same TM. Dairy, meat are the same TM. And grc 1 and 3 same TM and Snack and candy and same TM.

How many hrs are the TM scheduled in a day?

You should care about online orders. They count towards your department's sales. The more online orders your department gets the more payroll hours it gets in the future. Corporate has spent a lot of money recently promoting our various fulfillment options. It's paying off with a substantial increase in online orders. I blow past OPU/DU forecast before 3pm most days right now. If those orders are for clothes, and my lord they are because I do a brisk business in kids' clothes, that's more payroll for style in the future.

I just wish that style would figure that out and keep their crap organized. The more I can pull for order means the more of it they don't have to deal with. Cause I love to pull it for orders. You know that means? Shit going OUT THE DOOR!!!!! The more we pick the more they don't have to deal with. I know it's a PITA to deal with but damn the more we SFS/OPU the more hours the store gets.

What is so hard to understand?

I tweak every time I go in the back room to look for something in Style - there is so much crap backstocked that could easily fit on the floor. Stuff I would have never backstocked to begin with, like jeans and t shirts - there is PLENTY of room on our fixtures for UT jeans and AND folded tops - why are they in the back? And many of them are not even located. Plus the aisles are messy, with empty hangers, boxes, and trash on the shelves - if I had time I would purge the whole mess.

Plus, why do we have SO MUCH Baby Hardlines? SO SO much. And more coming in on every truck, pallets of stuff.

I tweak every time I go in the back room to look for something in Style - there is so much crap backstocked that could easily fit on the floor. Stuff I would have never backstocked to begin with, like jeans and t shirts - there is PLENTY of room on our fixtures for UT jeans and AND folded tops - why are they in the back? And many of them are not even located. Plus the aisles are messy, with empty hangers, boxes, and trash on the shelves - if I had time I would purge the whole mess.

Plus, why do we have SO MUCH Baby Hardlines? SO SO much. And more coming in on every truck, pallets of stuff.

Got no idea, myself. At my store we have oceans of baby hardlines and more than half of it coming in on a truck just won't go out! Since the BR team is gone we have to spend at least an hour on the uboats or flats or whatever to find out that more than half doesn't go out.

Used to be, we would backstock right off the line. God I miss those times.

Back