ONE FOR ONE

Tell that to SFS. And guests. And those on the unload (not enough empty vehicles.)

Yeah, sh*t gets piled up in an OSHA fine paradise, and we that work later in the day hear about it...a lot

I do what I can but I'm not breaking my back the one day a week I'm there. You want more done, schedule me more. And earlier in the day, when 40%+ of my day isn't dealing with guests.

I’m not giving up on the merit of 1for1s—I understand the selling point. It’s just tough with the limited resources right now—I don’t have gobs of payroll for it with my volume. Getting every fill-group up and running, while not rolling too much truck—as I’m diverting resources to get it done—and shifting resources back again before it starts to impede other processes, is challenging. It literally feels like a seesaw right now. It’ll happen; I’ll just be glad when I get out of the cycle. I feel for other stores that may have to do this while having to put out other fires.

one for ones are the priority, not truck
Depending on your volume that’s not possible for obvious reasons. I would say they’re a priority for sure as they should be replacing your autos but I’ve never seen a store that pulls and pushed their autos before touching the truck. You acknowledge your truck and have a couple TMs start the autos while the rest of the team unloads the truck. Obviously 1-1 are larger and require more TMs but it’s still a simultaneous process not independent of each other.

Depending on your volume that’s not possible for obvious reasons. I would say they’re a priority for sure as they should be replacing your autos but I’ve never seen a store that pulls and pushed their autos before touching the truck. You acknowledge your truck and have a couple TMs start the autos while the rest of the team unloads the truck. Obviously 1-1 are larger and require more TMs but it’s still a simultaneous process not independent of each other.

i don't disagree but we've literally been told to pull and push one for ones before touching the truck

There is really no easy way besides doing it with a plan . Like I said I got the whole store on 1 for 1 in 10 days , it put me no1 in the district and no3 in region. But again it was done with utilizing the inbound team to do all the freight including repacks and I also convinced my SD to shut down Sfs for 3 days and I utilized those team members too . That’s the only way . For otc my first 1 for 1 was 560 with almost 9000 eaches that alone was 20 smart carts . Not easy but if your that’s what they want everyone needs to be on board to get it done.
That's the disconnect I think. My store seems like It's like every team for themselves since the new op model..

My store started doing it by aisles for the larger fill groups. So you would drop pog fills for aisles 1-2 on day one. Then aisles 1-3 on day two, and so on. It helped a lot with my fillgroups because they would have been gigantic from the start. This way I was able to fill aisles but keep my batches smaller, at first. Now I am filling all three of my fillgroups (Toys) everyday. It took a little bit, but now my 1 for 1s are a cart or so a day. (Depending on if the closer pulled the autos the night before)

we are failing my store your that guy over in the corner silently weeping rocking back and forth yeah his store is also failing. what some most or maybe just one person some where in the mid west doesn't realize is that we are talking about the logistics side of things failing and there is no doubt in my addled mind that it will bring noting but pain to the whole system.

There is nothing more important to the overall success of our stores than an efficient unload of that truck docked in the back. Noting. not guest service. not some project dreamed up by the just hired ETL that wants to impress people with their 6 months work experience and Business degree. Not the STL trying to go for Golden Contribution.

It is the truck unload over every single thing. Followed closely by the autofils.

scanning the truck oh how going back to that would solve a vast chunk of our (ASANTS) problems we have no need to rip open a case of 12 from the truck when only 1 is needed and it is sitting back in a waco but alas…

1 to 1 is solving nothing it is a band-aid for a system that is bleeding us dry from a thousand different cuts.

My store started doing it by aisles for the larger fill groups. So you would drop pog fills for aisles 1-2 on day one. Then aisles 1-3 on day two, and so on. It helped a lot with my fillgroups because they would have been gigantic from the start. This way I was able to fill aisles but keep my batches smaller, at first. Now I am filling all three of my fillgroups (Toys) everyday. It took a little bit, but now my 1 for 1s are a cart or so a day. (Depending on if the closer pulled the autos the night before)
If you do it aisle by aisle it’s not called a 1 for 1 is just a pog fill which is not the same as dropping the whole department at once.

If you do it aisle by aisle it’s not called a 1 for 1 is just a pog fill which is not the same as dropping the whole department at once.
No, it isn't. It is a slow build up to full one for ones for the department. So that you aren't slammed from the beginning. The Pog fill is one for one for the pog. And as they build up you can do it by fill group. It helped a lot this way. So I didn't have 150 tasks all at once. I had a couple weeks of 30-40 tasks, until I got through enough aisles to drop the fill group instead.

Ehhh technically it is. The fill is still a 1-1 but I get what you’re saying. It’s not a 1-1 in the sense everyone is referring to. A lot of stores are starting the process with pog fills for the larger fill groups until they are manageable.

Ehhh technically it is. The fill is still a 1-1 but I get what you’re saying. It’s not a 1-1 in the sense everyone is referring to. A lot of stores are starting the process with pog fills for the larger fill groups until they are manageable.
It’s a pog fill ( just an aisle ) not a department fill 10 aisles .

I wouldn’t even want to be backroom anymore if they bring back since no vehicles tubs are gone and Uboats are awkward. Manual cafs have always been a thing. There needs to be training on logistics side of things. At my store after the implementation of modernization leadership gave up everything logistics plus old Backroom TL now GMTL has the mentality of everyone on their own. My ETL GM pulls POG Fills for Dry all the time which is the direction for areas that has too much shyt.

Back