Archived One hell of a morale drop; advice?

Status
Not open for further replies.
First off, you've done a great thing by realizing your anxiety and its queues. You shouldn't feel ashamed or nervous or anything negative about yourself. You've taken a step in the right direction!

Your friend is a good friend. Medication and therapy helps many, many people who face problems like you, and possibly worse! Don't be hard on yourself. You have these feelings, whether they are logical or not is irrelevant. They exist, so they have to be dealt with, and hopefully preempted in the future with the aid of therapy and medication.

People with anxiety cope with it differently. I've made myself push through anxiety attacks, making them worse, but I internally tell myself it's all OK, and it will pass. It's hard. It's uncomfortable, but it's empowering to get through them.

Anxiety is an awful thing, but always remember you can get through any situation. It's just time.

And whiskey... And ganja...

And hot tea.

Yeah it's something I've been considering, well to be more exact, something I am preparing to do. I have a treadmill to walk on because I'm not exactly...fit so I wanted it to start with (because ain't no way am I walking out by myself). But the problem is...it's just...sitting on the front porch because my dad won't move it to the garage and it's far too heavy for me to move myself :v

I definitely agree with the whiskey though...also the tea. I keep chamomile tea with me just in case lmao

Everything is a matter of balance.

Life is a Balancing Act.

Sometimes, we fall on our asses!

Or in my case, on my face

Very often

Nope.

It costs too much.

Only on injury/insurance stuff, I 'spect.

Last edited:
well that makes it interesting...

Crackheads and junkies don't last long in this biz.

Lul, don't worry I'm not a crackhead or junkie. I live in a state where medical marijuana is legal. (And I don't even use it that often)

Changing work centers would likely be a step in the right direction. I started as a cashier myself and had to move to a different area of the store because it got to be too much for me. I couldn't deal with the noise, bright lights and the constant suffocating sensation of being surrounded by so many people. I wound up talking hr into letting me move to Softlines and that made a huge difference. I admit that I have found folding clothing to be at times relaxing and other times vexing but it's much better than cashiering. I hope you can find something that will help with your anxiety and let you live an easier life. Btw, the herbal tea is a wonderful idea that I've used myself.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back