Archived One of our new GSA's has never had a job before..

Status
Not open for further replies.
And I'm finding it so hard to respect her. I realize shes technically my supervisor but she's never had a job!!! She's in her 20's, never had a job, what's there to respect besides her title?? Spot didn't think this through obviously.

Welcome to Target...

They are looking at people...
1) who are young and inexperienced so they can mold them into their image
2) who look like they will stay with the company for a long time (who won't get a college degree then leave)
3) who can be told to do duties and assignment without any feedback or response except for YES SIR/MA'AM

GSA isn't the most entry level position, that being said it is still a TM position.. Maybe she had a really kick ass interview, and she has a lot of non-work activities to be proud of? Maybe shes the captain of a sports team, and going to college with really good grades, etc.? I wouldn't judge her right away based off her work experience, especially for a TM position... Now if someone got hired as a TL with no work experience that might be a different story...

If shes not doing the greatest job, just remember that almost nobody nails the GSA position from the get go (including myself and my coworker GSA), and it takes some time.

And I'm finding it so hard to respect her. I realize shes technically my supervisor but she's never had a job!!! She's in her 20's, never had a job, what's there to respect besides her title?? Spot didn't think this through obviously.

Those are the wrong reasons for not respecting someone. Her age does not matter. Her previous experience is none of your business. What should you respect besides her title? Perhaps respect her being a person to start with. You need to grow up and stop being so damn childish.

EDIT - I just noticed your other threat where you are asking if we would promote you to a GSA and you state you are not 21 yet.
/pot meet kettle

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back