Archived Online clearance items

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry if this has been asked somewhere. The shampoo I use is 30% off clarence online but full price in store. I want to order online but delivery, pick up and drive up are all unavailable even though it's in stock at all nearby locations. Can stores price match an online clearance item in this situation?

I thought we always price matched T.com? We just don’t match other stores or price adjust for clearance.

Reactions: Dog
Official policy is no. However if it’s T.com and T.com only, my store does it. Absolutely no clearance to other physical targets though (at my store)

I was told by a TL that is the truth, clearance is store specific to move what is selling poorly at that specific location.

But I was also told by that TL that even when 2 stores are putting the same thing on clearance, they could have a different weekly schedule of which areas of the store have price change on which day. Example, store A could mark RTW clearance on Mondays but store B marks them on Thursdays, and guests shopping during that window will be paying different prices.

I was told by a TL that is the truth, clearance is store specific to move what is selling poorly at that specific location.

But I was also told by that TL that even when 2 stores are putting the same thing on clearance, they could have a different weekly schedule of which areas of the store have price change on which day. Example, store A could mark RTW clearance on Mondays but store B marks them on Thursdays, and guests shopping during that window will be paying different prices.
I thought that with modernization pricing was moving to a WEEKLY, not DAILY requirement. So rather than MENs MONDAY all stores have the entire week to get MENs ticketed as they see fit based on the workload/scheduled tm’s / truck days.

I thought that with modernization pricing was moving to a WEEKLY, not DAILY requirement. So rather than MENs MONDAY all stores have the entire week to get MENs ticketed as they see fit based on the workload/scheduled tm’s / truck days.
Once it’s in my work (supposedly in August) it’ll just drop in at the beginning of the week and you have the rest of the week to complete it

When guests ask I always say “well sometimes different stores have different clearances because maybe that store got an extra shipment and needed to clear it faster etc”

True or not, that seems to quell them
It's demographics.
What will sell out at 30% at one store may sit on the shelves til salvage at another; it's all about location.
If it doesn't move after the first markdown, it goes further; the rate of sales determine how much further it gets marked down.
It's also a way to score good deals if you know where to look & there's several stores in your area.
I've watched certain items sit at 30% off at my store but find them 70% off at a lo-vol store.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back