Archived Only Apple products sold at Electronics registers during Black Friday?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buff14

Former PATL, CTL, HTL and ELEC TL
I was rereading the Q4 planner and noticed a bullet point I missed saying the Electronics counter will be exclusively used for selling all Apple products. All other electronics products will be rung up at the front of the store. We are waiting for clarification about this plan because it sounds like the stupidest idea I have ever seen. Guests are not going to understand or be reasonable when I explain that we can only ring up Apple products and not the camera or video game they want. Anyone of you know about this?

5ce54.jpg

We're not doing it. I mean, yes we will sell all of the Apple products FROM the boat. But as far as the exclusivity thing, there's no way it's going to be possible. We had a huge AP visit about a month ago and they talked about it, and my STL made it very clear that from a Vibe standpoint, it's not very guest friendly to not let them buy other things at the boat. It was never spoken of again, lol.

This is true. According to Black Friday plans, the electronics department is considered the "Apple Shop" and people in line at the Electronics boat/counter will be in line for the sole purpose of purchasing an Apple product.

All other items that are normally behind lock and key will be available to pick up and head to the front checklanes.

Wow, I worked Electronics after crowd control and there is no way I see this working out well.
One year the line to Electronics went around the store to meet the one coming from the cash registers.

I think this is a great idea. The point of this is so the line moves through electronics much faster. You can split up and have someone get the apple stuff while the other people run around the store and pick up the rest if the stuff. It sucks when people get stuck in line to buy an iPod when everyone in front of them is buying basket fulls. And then we run out of iPods.

The only way this would work is to have someone who is walking along the line to frequently tell guests that the line is for Apple products only, and that all other Electronics purchases should be made at the check lanes.

This can't be great for AAR. How are you supposed to sell service plans with anything else if you only have a barker at the Electronics counter?

This is odd. I am 99% sure that only apple products will be staged at the boat. If a guest shows up in line with a xbox and also wants an iPad and thats it then they can check out everything at the boat. At least that is how we are doing it at my store and I think it is that way in the guide.

That's how I interpreted it, also. Could have been written a little clearer though.

i hear some store will have a seperate "Apple" store setup in the PFresh area where the real "Apples" are.
My TL will have a portable register and counter setup to sell electronic "Apple" Ipods, Ipads, Laptops, etc. right where out real juicy apples are now. Those tables of real apples will be wheeled in the back for gey thrursday/ black friday. This is for the inital rush, once the crowd leaves then the electonics apples will leave and the real apple tables will reappear.

forgetfulSDA, I think you're right. That's what I understood as well and what my store is planning to do.

It really didn't change at our store from last year. But we will have/had a huge queue with someone at the beginning of the line yelling apple products line right here. (this year i hear there is sign, but we will still have a tm there) After the initial queue is gone, will take down the queue and people can buy whatever they want at the boat. The way our line was, nobody was going to get in it to checkout if they didn't have to, it was a long line that was moving slow.

Last year it went pretty good. A few people were not listening when we said where the line was, but 99.9% of people understood what is going on.

We were explaining it really well outside to everybody in line of exactly where and what they should do if they wanted xxx product. That is a huge part in having it go smoothly too, everybody outside should be explaining the process.

We typically used the photo lab for apple products and the jewlery boat area for TVs.

i hear some store will have a seperate "Apple" store setup in the PFresh area where the real "Apples" are.
My TL will have a portable register and counter setup to sell electronic "Apple" Ipods, Ipads, Laptops, etc. right where out real juicy apples are now. Those tables of real apples will be wheeled in the back for gey thrursday/ black friday. This is for the inital rush, once the crowd leaves then the electonics apples will leave and the real apple tables will reappear.

Same with our store. I hear we will also have TVs in soft lines....

Same with our store. I hear we will also have TVs in soft lines....
Not again! I didn't like it last time. Too many fights over tv's.
Here is link to get your store map for Black Friday deals:
http://www.target.com/c/black-frida...3W4|T:Template_Utility1B|C:&intc=1393060|null

That map function is pretty cool. Considering I probably won't see this from my store leaders until Thanksgiving, it's nice to get a sneak peek.

Oh, this will be lovely. I'm one of the electronics openers at my store.

This really has to mean that you can only buy Apple products at the boat (so they can keep track of them) not that they can't sell other things from there.

It's interesting how this varies. I sat down with my STL today and talked about Black Friday electronics plans. She told me and our store as well as every other store in our district has a very strict policy regarding the electronics boat, and you are only to be in line if you are purchasing an Apple product. If the guest has other items in ADDITION to the products, then sure we can sell those, but any guest in the electronics line that is only there for convenience and not getting an Apple product will be removed from the line and sent up front - vibe or not.

Looks like my store's map is still the pre-remodel layout. That should work out well...

If the guest has other items in ADDITION to the products, then sure we can sell those, but any guest in the electronics line that is only there for convenience and not getting an Apple product will be removed from the line and sent up front - vibe or not.

That's gonna get real ugly real quick....

so when the apple product runs out, they're going to neglect the electronics registers? sounds really smart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back