Archived Open Availability: GSA (SEA) vs. GSTL (SEL)

Status
Not open for further replies.

starmaster1000

Master NCR Torture Device Operator
Once, in a galaxy far, far away, I was told GSTLs had to have open availability to be in that position, but their underpaid and powerless juniors, the GSAs, did not.

Is this an ASANTS thing?

How's it go at your store?

Once, in a galaxy far, far away, I was told GSTLs had to have open availability to be in that position, but their underpaid and powerless juniors, the GSAs, did not.

Is this an ASANTS thing?

How's it go at your store?

I was told TLs are supposed to have open availability but heard of exceptions were to be made if you had an agreement with your ETL and STL.

GSAs didn't matter. If you had open availability, you worked around those that didn't.

One of my store's GSTLs doesn't have open availability due to a 2nd job. We only have 1 person that's a GSA and they aren't full-time and also doesn't have open availability. We have several cross trained TMs who either open or close for a few hours since the GSTLs are primarily mids.

GSTLs at my store do not have open availability, it is also not a requirement for GSAs either

The GSTLs have their set schedule, but I think they’re pretty much open anyway. I have open availability right now, but I didn’t when I started GSAing and plan to change it again when school starts up for me. Three other GSAs have open availability except for one night of the week (which they all seem to get scheduled on anyway and try to switch) and the other has kind of weird availability. I think only one or two of the days is fully open while the other days have either a couple morning or night hours closed off.

Multiple TLs at my store don't have open availability. However, they are available to work their 40 hours. As long as they can reliably write a schedule they don't seem to care too much about "leadership" needing a certain day or two off.

My store prefers open availability for GSA positions.

However, after a couple of external hire duds (think about *why* someone doesn't have anything else going on), decided to internally promote a few part-timers who had other jobs or obligations. They wanted the position and successfully made the case to management that the store could be better off with reliable long-term employees who at least had consistent availability during peak times such as mornings or evenings/weekends.

Every GSTL/GSA has one closing night but other than that they all have set schedules. We do have one GSA who strictly closes (she's a co-parent)
It would be so nice if we could have set schedules at my store!! We have 5 GSAs at my store and one of us can only close but the rest of us have pretty much open availability but our schedules are so messed up. Literally have no idea when I’m ever working

It would be so nice if we could have set schedules at my store!! We have 5 GSAs at my store and one of us can only close but the rest of us have pretty much open availability but our schedules are so messed up. Literally have no idea when I’m ever working
This. I’m flexible, but it gets kind of old always wondering what my schedule will be. I had more of a set schedule when I was strictly at guest service. I pretty much always knew what my schedule was. Now I’ll get one same night close for three/ four weeks and then I think “okay this will be my night” and then I’ll be off the next couple and I’m like ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back