Archived Open Enrollment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since open enrollment ends tomorrow, I’m trying to renew my health/dental coverage. Last year was my first year signing up for it but my question is: do I have to renew it again this year? Or does it automatically renew until I leave the company? I’ve tried looking around the pages and throughout the Benefits Summary but it doesn’t say anything about health insurance; only dental, tobacco use, etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Since open enrollment ends tomorrow, I’m trying to renew my health/dental coverage. Last year was my first year signing up for it but my question is: do I have to renew it again this year? Or does it automatically renew until I leave the company? I’ve tried looking around the pages and throughout the Benefits Summary but it doesn’t say anything about health insurance; only dental, tobacco use, etc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

You have to update your Tobacco status every year even if it doesn't change. Otherwise you don't have to do anything if you have don't have new changes. I recommend going through them just to make sure they are set up the way you like but if you don't nothing happens.

We were told by HR that it wouldn't automatically rollover. You have to go in and make your selections and make sure to change your tobacco status!

You have to update your Tobacco status every year even if it doesn't change. Otherwise you don't have to do anything if you have don't have new changes. I recommend going through them just to make sure they are set up the way you like but if you don't nothing happens.
We were told by HR that it wouldn't automatically rollover. You have to go in and make your selections and make sure to change your tobacco status!

I thought I would have to renew the health insurance myself but for some reason I can’t find where. Even the benefits summary doesn’t include the insurance.

Do I have to work a certain amount of hours to be eligible for health insurance through Target?

I’m JUST below the cutoff. Which sucks because i can’t get more hours cause then it’ll conflict with my school schedule. Welp, guess I won’t have health insurance for this coming year.

^^ really? Did that change? Because I got socked with a $975 fee for my husband not having coverage for 6-7 months last year.

^^ really? Did that change? Because I got socked with a $975 fee for my husband not having coverage for 6-7 months last year.
Yes . The penalty from last year stands on this year tax return. But 2019 is a new year for no penalty for not having healthcare.
The federal tax penalty for not being enrolled in health insurance will be eliminated in 2019 because of recent changes made by the Trump Administration. ... The 2018 tax penalty for not having health insurance is $695 for adults and $347.50 for children or 2% of your yearly income, whichever amount is more.

I don't think you should be penalized for not having health insurance by choice because it is so $%*(# expensive. My take home pay at my other job is significantly reduced because of health insurance costs and I get the absolute cheapest plan with the highest deductible. So basically I still never go to the doctor because I can't afford it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back