Archived Opening at Midnight on Black Friday 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well... I just heard a rumor from a reliable source that said ALL target store are going to open at MIDNIGHT on black Friday.....

Going to ask about this tomorrow...

I can understand the move to midnight but I still hope we open at 4 like last year.

Considering that I am up til the wee hours of the morning, I would actually love to work from midnight to 7am.. then I can do some shopping and catch up on my Z's

If it is true, I bet we would not be the only ones. It it is not true, it is just a matter of time. Staffing for the long of a day will be a nightmare. We simply do not have enough people to handle a 22 hour day. Last year we were barely able to staff for Black Friday even with the holiday hiring.

This fits in real nice with the "well being" program don't you think? Work life balance and family time.....just another Target theory

Its just one day, nbd

Last edited by a moderator:
I couldn't imagine target to be open at 12 am. It seems madness for any company to be open that early. I would expect myself to be working that early at walmart this year.

Its possible. A lot of stores are trying to get those early Black Friday sales.

But that would mean TMs would have to be clocking in on Christmas night to get the store prepped and zoned for BF. All the trucks will have to be unloaded and all ad items will be need to be prepped as soon as stores close on Christmas Eve night or more prior.

The only way I got off one year was to schedule my availablity for Black Friday way in advance. But some stores will schedule you anyway.

Last edited:
Its possible. A lot of stores are trying to get those early Black Friday sales.

But that would mean TMs would have to be clocking in on Christmas night to get the store prepped and zoned for BF. All the trucks will have to be unloaded and all ad items will be need to be prepped as soon as stores close on Christmas Eve night or more prior.
Um....... Do you mean Thanksgiving?

As of right now, my store is short handed as it is in certain departments as far as i know. But if we open at midnight, we have to hire a lot of people to get the store ready for black friday

Re: black friday I've heard that if you call off on that day you are fired. Don't know if it is true, but no one seems to want to test this.

I don't think that you could be fired for calling off, but who do you ask anyway?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back