Archived Opening SFS routines?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Working until 3pm, which is the start one for packing when the closer SFS comes in. What’s the morning routines like? Just straight picking, keep myAlerts on. Is that it?

Check in with lod or tl, first. Confirm on how to do opening tasks with sfs. Grab equip to be ready to go. We start picking at 4am to clear picks from the night before.
Your trainer should of cover this part when you were doing sfs closing.

In store pickup has priority, so definitely get MyAlerts up and running. Get a PDT and clear out the Return to Stock items (before 9 am) under MyFA assuming Guest Service doesn’t do that at your store. Other than that you need to make sure Pick Today is 0 before 2 PM for all non Rush orders. Find what you can, try not to INF too much. Pack what you can before you need to leave.

Depends, are you just a SFS or do you have on line only product as well?

Cause my store is just a little SFS, no on line stuff. So here is what I do.

Grab equipment
Find a cart doesn't matter if it has stuff in it from the truck, just need one to scan(this may change now that equipment has updated).
See what the workload is as I walk toward the backroom
See what mess is left from the night before depending on who worked it could be bad.
If I can get to the packing desk I check boxes, the printer and airspeed bin and they are all full and ready to go. Fill what I can get to, note what I need help with or what I can after the truck clears out.
Check in with my TL - he usually has the OPU if not figure out where they fit in, he is awesome so if he needs the help he gets the help.
Find a cart - get to pickin'.
Pick two carts at least.
Set up the pallet for boxes and a shopping cart for bags outbound( I don't do this until I pack cause our backroom is tight and there usually isn't room until after 8am)
Pack the first cart
15 break
a then just repeat til its time to leave. There is usually another person who does the SFS close, so I try to make sure there isn't much to pick when I leave and pack enough that orders keep dropping(usually not a problem but during 4th quarter this can become an issue).

OPU is usually done by the backroom, but since my TL has been out on medical leave I have been backing up the person filling in who normally picks those. So we team up on it so they are always clear. With our backroom and replenishment shit show, it takes two sometimes three of us to keep everything balanced.

Morning routine is clear the return to stocks, turn on OPU alerts, then pick everything as fast as possible with as few INFs as possible. Picks must be finished by 2pm. Set the closer up for success by getting as much packed as possible too (packing must be finished by 4:30pm).

I can probably go into more detail, but it might turn into a rant about what a shitshow my store is. That's the gist of it though.

SFS team picks our flexes (OPU?). Backroom does it when we ask or there’s nobody from SFS.

Our SFS team will pick the flexes. if theyre overly busy, Our Backroom TL or ETL Log will pick them, occasionally the back room tms.

For some reason, i didn't ask for help with the 2pm deadline. I thought it was 3 for some reason. I had about 12 items left, with 2 minutes when i thought of it. -facepalm-

I was doing fine throughout the day with OPUs, minimal INFs, everything.

Our SFS team will pick the flexes. if theyre overly busy, Our Backroom TL or ETL Log will pick them, occasionally the back room tms.

Can't imagine my LOG picking a flex. Or caring about anything other than the unload.

I don't do SFS often but when I do I just go do return to stock for backroom so they can do their shit because I know backroom needs to those morning autofills done quick. Lol Never been told to do it but I have done backroom a ton so I know how that is. After that I do my picking. If it's light I like to leave the packing and more picking for the afternoon because I know most of our afternoon SFS TMs need more things to do sometimes. Most of the time though we have enough FAs drop in to keep them busy. But when I do my picking and it's super light for the day I assist on backstocking and if I clear all backstock out I finish the pulls with our backroom TM. Good times. Fun and efficient. Nothing better than seeing all the SFS 3 tiers cleared out, and all the vehicles in the backroom empty as well and all in a reasonable place. By god...the satisfaction.

Can't imagine my LOG picking a flex. Or caring about anything other than the unload.
holy hell I am not up on the lingo apparently what is picking a flex? EDIT: are we talking just doing a pick? lol just realized I might actually understand this.

Last edited:
For some reason, i didn't ask for help with the 2pm deadline. I thought it was 3 for some reason. I had about 12 items left, with 2 minutes when i thought of it. -facepalm-

I was doing fine throughout the day with OPUs, minimal INFs, everything.

happens...we aren't a distribution center lmao it's kind of silly to expect perfection until the system is perfect as well. Also there should have been an LOD that was monitoring that. Usually morning LODs have enough time to check the pull times for back room and watch for approaching goal times for FAs and while they do that they might as well check up on SFS. I hope they at least walkie'd you to get a status and you just felt confident at the time when they did. That's what a manager is for. Sometimes I feel like calling a person a "Leader" makes them forget they are the "Manager" basically. Ugh Lead or Manage your team. Whatever term we use it's the god damn same thing. K /endrant edit: not to say I want someone checking in on me every 20 minutes. =P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back