Archived Opportunity to go to NFL game

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd just call out, everyone else does anyways lmao. Another solution would be to request it off ASAP for next time, I know you can only request time off in a 6 month period.

It may not work but can you come in earlier to do your tasks? One time I had jury duty and my ETL told me just come in a couple of hours earlier than my scheduled shift (it was for plano).

You are supposed to get paid by Target for jury duty.

@HLN13 ask for HR help. Someone may notice you put it on the board so calling out is an option but maybe not the best move for someone hoping to promote such as yourself. It's obviously best if the store can find someone for you and most will respect you are letting them know.

I would say "hey I don't want to call out the day of and screw everyone over, can you guys help me get this shift covered?"

A lot of times it's a matter of asking non hardlines people who leadership would feel comfortable working a shift there like a young energetic cashier.

Last thought: We've also had situations where we need to cut payroll and we allow you to cut your shift. A mid hardlines shift while important is not absolutely crucial like a closing hardlines shift

Last edited:
You are supposed to get paid by Target for jury duty.

@HLN13 ask for HR help. Someone may notice you put it on the board so calling out is an option but maybe not the best move for someone hoping to promote such as yourself. It's obviously best if the store can find someone for you and most will respect you are letting them know.

I would say "hey I don't want to call out the day of and screw everyone over, can you guys help me get this shift covered?"

A lot of times it's a matter of asking non hardlines people who leadership would feel comfortable working a shift there like a young energetic cashier.

Last thought: We've also had situations where we need to cut payroll and we allow you to cut your shift. A mid hardlines shift while important is not absolutely crucial like a closing hardlines shift

Is the jury thing a state by state thing? Here, only tl's and above get paid for jury duty.

To the op, tell them you won't be there. You are letting them know now instead of just calling off the morning of the game.

This is the route I take when I put in for time off. I tell them I won't be there regardless of whether they tell I can or not. So you can schedule me off or I can call off. Regardless, I won't be there.

You tried getting your shift covered 9 days in advance. If no one takes it, big deal, call out. I bet in the 4 months you have worked at Target and have never missed a shift that 75%+ of the TMs at your store called out at least one day and didn't even attempt to get their shift covered. Go to the game, call out, and don't worry about work. The middle of September is one of the slowest times of the year, your store will get by without you. Just don't be like one of those imbeciles that calls out/NCNS and goes shopping at their store on the same day, that'll definitely give everyone the wrong impression.

I did that once ask to come in early like 4 am to do ad set and work to 9:30 am 5 1/2 hours at least you are not ancns or call off.
Get off work at 9:30 am get home at 10 am change eat leave for the game at 10:45 am get to stadium around 11:45 am get through security and to your seats by 12:45 and kickoff is 1 pm

Don't stress out. You put it on the board well in advance. If no one takes it, you just call out on the day of and say you won't be able to come in. If they ask why, tell them you had a family thing come up after the schedule was posted and nobody would take your shift.

Nobody will hold it against you as long as it's not a pattern. At worst they might give you attitude about it on your next shift.

Thanks so much for all the input everyone!

I think I'm gonna go with what @HRZone said, because I feel like it's best to give them a notice.

I think on Monday I'll just let HR know that a family event came up for Sunday and ask if there's anyway there's a different shift I can work or anything.

Is the jury thing a state by state thing? Here, only tl's and above get paid for jury duty.

It's not only team leads, it's team members as well just like bereavement and voting pay

Attachments

• 1505702398396588912949.jpg
    1505702398396588912949.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 12
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back