Archived OPU backstocking

Status
Not open for further replies.
So sometimes when I’m picking in the back room it will tell me to pick 6 items and then say I only need one and to set aside the others for backstocking. I asked a FFTM about it and they said they had just been putting the box back on shelf where they got it. They are new too so I didn’t know if this was correct. Do I put the box of extras on a cart with a backstocking clip on it or back on the shelf? Also is it my responsibility to backstock the stuff I picked by the end of my shift?

I asked a FFTM about it and they said they had just been putting the box back on shelf where they got it

That is the worst thing you can do. Don't do that. If you don't know how to backstock, set aside in the backstock queue. If you do know how and have time, then backstock it properly. Don't ever just take one piece out of a breakpack and just put the rest back without locating it properly.

That is the worst thing you can do. Don't do that. If you don't know how to backstock, set aside in the backstock queue. If you do know how and have time, then backstock it properly. Don't ever just take one piece out of a breakpack and just put the rest back without locating it properly.
Oh yikes! So glad I asked that question, I knew that didn’t seem right to me.

At my store, they just want you to put the rest of the items you didn’t need at the end of the aisle with the other back stock for the backroom team to deal with. Seems silly for the half of us who also work backroom to create more work for someone else instead of just stowing it ourselves but that’s our policy 🤷‍♀️

So sometimes when I’m picking in the back room it will tell me to pick 6 items and then say I only need one and to set aside the others for backstocking. I asked a FFTM about it and they said they had just been putting the box back on shelf where they got it. They are new too so I didn’t know if this was correct. Do I put the box of extras on a cart with a backstocking clip on it or back on the shelf? Also is it my responsibility to backstock the stuff I picked by the end of my shift?
Please find an empty Waco , go to my work, scan the item , than scan a Waco where you gonna put the items as how many. You do the brla a favor. Thank you

Totally agree. Don't destroy the BRLA by just leaving an open box unlocated. Being a lead in the backroom it's the one thing I hate the most. Especially because an open box is no longer a casepack it becomes open stock and has to be sto'd into openstock wacos. I tell my opu team if u pull it u own it so once they finish that order they can make a quick stop to the salesfloor and challenge that item out before backstocking that way it's one less item I have to pull in a batch. Taking a little extra initiative doesn't hurt. Backroom will thank u for it.

SFS and OPU are on a timetable with metrics that the district watches like a hawk, which makes their time more valuable. So in that regard, creating extra work is justifiable.

As someone who picks up backroom shifts, it sucks to have to pick up after others. But I understand why it's necessary. That said, when SFS and OPU slow down, those FF TMs had better be in the back with the rest of us, cleaning everything up.
That's what I do, when it's slow in SFS I help backstock. I use that time to my advantage, looking at where items are so i can find them faster. I was taught how to pick and backstock so it's not that big of a deal. When we have a lot of restock I ask the newbies to do it since they caused all the extras. I direct them to a backstock person to train them properly.

We just found and pulled 2 heaping tubs worth of unlocated product in our backroom toy aisles. Most of which was opened casepacks. A lot of that stuff has been empty or light out on the salesfloor. Hate to think of how much of that was INF'ed because it was no longer located.

We just found and pulled 2 heaping tubs worth of unlocated product in our backroom toy aisles. Most of which was opened casepacks. A lot of that stuff has been empty or light out on the salesfloor. Hate to think of how much of that was INF'ed because it was no longer located.
Yep, you don’t even want to know about our electronics stockroom. There are 4 tubs of product that was supposed to be pushed but got shoved back there and never pushed or backstocked. So it shows as “on floor” but is really sitting in a tub that’s hard to get to and nobody knows about. I audited our ship batches today and wanted to die.

Oh and on top of that, a previous electronics T.M. seems to have just shoved video games into WACOs without actually backstocking them. We only realized this after looking for other items in the WACOs and randomly saw games we recognized looking for days before and having to INF. Idk if there’s a way to re-audit our elec stockroom but it’s a disaster 😔😳.

I would like to learn the proper way to backstock. Is it only for when I open a new box up? what app to use? sorry for sounding helpless, my training hasn't been fantastic.

I would like to learn the proper way to backstock. Is it only for when I open a new box up? what app to use? sorry for sounding helpless, my training hasn't been fantastic.
Using my work, scan white label on the bottom left side for dpci. Then scan white location label. Type in qty. wacos are for single items & case packs(whole cases). Here is the pic label.
IMG_0452.PNG

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back