Archived Order pick up

Status
Not open for further replies.
What (if anything) is your store doing to improve the order pick up experience for the guest?

We have been told to bag all orders when picking them. GSTMs have said they take the items out anyway to show the guest, and put it in a new bag if the guest wants one (they usually don't).

We have also been told to stop using the ~100 hold locations in the old photo lab behind the service desk because it was too hard to find orders and GSTMs were out of sight for too long. Instead, we are only supposed to use the ~15 hold locations under the counter. Now each location has as many as 4 orders, all in bags that GSTMs have to dig through. Larger orders are spread across multiple hold locations.

One positive thing, which we have actually had for a while, is a second iPad that isn't tethered down to the counter. It allows the GSTM to help the order pickup guest from any register, and they can take the iPad while they go retrieve the order to make sure it's the correct location, name, and order number.

One positive thing, which we have actually had for a while, is a second iPad that isn't tethered down to the counter. It allows the GSTM to help the order pickup guest from any register, and they can take the iPad while they go retrieve the order to make sure it's the correct location, name, and order number.

Oh, this would make life so much easier!

Our store recently transitioned to trying to keep 1 order per location, but I can't imagine that lasting long unless they bring in more shelving to place holds.

We have been told to bag all orders when picking them. GSTMs have said they take the items out anyway to show the guest, and put it in a new bag if the guest wants one (they usually don't).

We have also been told to stop using the ~100 hold locations in the old photo lab behind the service desk because it was too hard to find orders and GSTMs were out of sight for too long. Instead, we are only supposed to use the ~15 hold locations under the counter. Now each location has as many as 4 orders, all in bags that GSTMs have to dig through. Larger orders are spread across multiple hold locations.

You always pull items out to just confirm its the right stuff, but not using the hold locations that they just put in last year is plain stupid.. That is never going to work come 4th quarter. Hell, back to school will screw that idea in a hurry. 4th quarter will just confirm this is just yet another dumbass idea..

Putting them in a bag is a dumb idea and just takes longer for me to find it. I understand if the item is a STS and it comes in a bag or box, makes no sense to add an extra step and waste more packaging. I always take the item out of the packaging for the guest to see anyways. Especially if it is a delicate item and it was a STS. Target needs to get better at making sure the item is not damaged during transit.

You always pull items out to just confirm its the right stuff, but not using the hold locations that they just put in last year is plain stupid.. That is never going to work come 4th quarter. Hell, back to school will screw that idea in a hurry. 4th quarter will just confirm this is just yet another dumbass idea..
Yeah I'm about ready to stop doing it. I'm literally the only TM who both puts items in bags and uses the hold locations under the service desk. My TL doesn't care because he also thinks those new rules are stupid and my ETL just says "oh I'll send out an email to make sure everyone else knows to do those things."

I actually like the bags. They keep orders separate from each other in the wacos making them easier to grab. In addition to wacos, we hung pegboard with a bunch of the little 2-inch pegs to hang the orders from, then we put the location label in the peghook label holder.

Our iPad is tethered too which is why I usually stick to using a myDevice or a Zebra now that they're the new thing. The app is in there anyways and it's easier to hold.

As for my store, our fulfillment team is good at keeping orders together in the bins. What my GSTL did was to screw in a bag holder next to the hold locations so we can just grab a bag and put the items in there as we're getting them. It helps a lot when someone ordered multiple items and we don't have to come back and forth. What I wish would change though is the actually bins. They're too small and don't hold a lot. I went to our sister store and they had big red bins that look so neat and tidy.

As for my store, our fulfillment team is good at keeping orders together in the bins. What my GSTL did was to screw in a bag holder next to the hold locations so we can just grab a bag and put the items in there as we're getting them. It helps a lot when someone ordered multiple items and we don't have to come back and forth.
I wouldn't mind doing that, but we're supposed to put all of the stickers on the bags, and that takes time. What used to happen is they would just grab the whole waco and bring it up to the guest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back