I'm Lost! Ordered online...received cancelled items!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlowChick

Expect The Unexpected
i ordered some stuff yesterday from target.com

I requested most of the items be store pick up.

I get an email saying that only two of the items are available because they were out of stock of the other items.

3 out of the 20 items were supposed to be shipped from the DC. But because they said they were out of stock, I changed the rest except for those two items to "ship to home."

Anyway...I ended up cancelling two items, and changed the delivery method to ship on the rest of the items.

I had my boyfriend pick up my stuff, and they had a whole box of stuff that looked like my entire order!

They gave him the two items they said were ready, the two items i cancelled plus a few items I had changed to ship!!!

They gave him all the items that were showing up as "ready for pick up."

All the other items didn't show up on the order but we're clearly items I had ordered. So he left with what they gave him.

Am I going to be double charged if I end up getting a shipment for the same items?

I'm so confused...

Last edited:
Look at your bank statement. Target places a hold on the amounts for orders almost immediately. Compare them with your invoices..

Look at your bank statement. Target places a hold on the amounts for orders almost immediately. Compare them with your invoices..

Target takes 2-3 days to even show up on my account! :(

One thing I hate about debit red card is it takes two business days for the money to get withdrawn. But that's the whole scheme of the red card. They use their own corporate bank rather than getting that visa transaction fee

So you ordered 20 items.
3 of them were to be shipped to you.
17 of them were to be picked up in store.

Makes sense so far...but then they only fulfilled 2 of the 17 items at the store? The store would have to be drowning in reshop/backstock or the TM picking the items would have to be incredibly lazy for them to cancel off 15 items.

However, if the items were picked and put into the hold location and then later cancelled by the guest, it is still likely that those cancelled items would be in the same bin as the rest of the order (someone has to return those items to stock and at my store it is done only once per day in the morning).

It sounds like what actually happened is most/all of your store pick-up order was completed, but the system glitched and sent you an email saying items have been cancelled. So when you changed the rest to be shipped, that cancelled them off for real.

I have had SD TMs call me before asking about an order that I had started to pick but then suspended, yet the guest got an email saying it was ready to pick up. It could be that something similar happened with you.

So you ordered 20 items.
3 of them were to be shipped to you.
17 of them were to be picked up in store.

Makes sense so far...but then they only fulfilled 2 of the 17 items at the store? The store would have to be drowning in reshop/backstock or the TM picking the items would have to be incredibly lazy for them to cancel off 15 items.

However, if the items were picked and put into the hold location and then later cancelled by the guest, it is still likely that those cancelled items would be in the same bin as the rest of the order (someone has to return those items to stock and at my store it is done only once per day in the morning).

It sounds like what actually happened is most/all of your store pick-up order was completed, but the system glitched and sent you an email saying items have been cancelled. So when you changed the rest to be shipped, that cancelled them off for real.

I have had SD TMs call me before asking about an order that I had started to pick but then suspended, yet the guest got an email saying it was ready to pick up. It could be that something similar happened with you.

Sounds about right! I showed my boyfriend my list and he said everything that was in the box apperared to be in there when he thought about it.

The box even had my name! The lady was new and had two other team members help her. TheI items they gave me were the only ones saying we're in my order and 2 of them had been cancelled.

So i was wondering if I received the two items I asked for for free then?

And what should I do if I start receieving my order and end up with two of the same item?

Haha. Well it's school stuff. I can't afford to get overcharged for anything at the moment.

When I cancelled the items, it took them off my order and made it all cheaper. But I ended up with the items anyway? So I'm wondering if I just got them free basically.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back