Org chart and changes

Eventually, software could do most of the job of HR, so having an ETL might be a thing of the past. I know at lot of low volume stores have a HRTL instead. If you were a hard to staff store, I could see maybe having a blended role, like HR/S&E ETL or something. But the last test of blended roles, STL-GE, didn’t go so hot.
instead of another snack/calendar coloring person.
Maybe in retail, bros. Either way, human resources is an integral, strategic business role, and it always will be. Just because the role is evolving does not mean it loses its value. All reputable companies have and will continue to have HR or have managers and business partners handle some aspects or subfields of HR. I do not know where you guys are in your employment, and it is none of my business. You NEED to know that human resources is a respectable field, and it should be treated as such. Comments like these are vexatious and somewhat tone-deaf because they only show your ignorance on the job itself.

@MxTarget - Your comment has more truth because it speaks to the advancement of the retail business itself, and I somewhat agree with you. With that said, the role of face-to-face management will always have its place

Last edited:
Thank you all for your support! Remember, we are the ones who make sure you get paid correctly. If you have a payroll issue, we are the ones you come to. I always want to make sure my fellow team members are appreciated and I try to do things to brighten their day. I can tell when someone is having a tough day and I’m there to lend an ear.
Not to mention schedule against “availability “

Maybe in retail, bros. Either way, human resources is an integral, strategic business role, and it always will be. Just because the role is evolving does not mean it loses its value. All reputable companies have and will continue to have HR or have managers and business partners handle some aspects or subfields of HR. I do not know where you guys are in your employment, and it is none of my business. You NEED to know that human resources is a respectable field, and it should be treated as such. Comments like these are vexatious and somewhat tone-deaf because they only show your ignorance on the job itself.

@MxTarget - Your comment has more truth because it speaks to the advancement of the retail business itself, and I somewhat agree with you. With that said, the role of face-to-face management will always have its place

I don’t believe in always, as it’s an assumption until the next innovation comes along. Automation, whether mechanical or through software, will dramatically effect how stores operate, especially the amount of employee necessary to conduct business. AI could write schedules, fix punch errors, approve vacations, identify and correct payroll issues, track trainings, or even shift swaps in the future. It’s not a question of if, but when. The future will effect the whole store, not magically waving wand freezing HR in place, just like it won’t leave any part of our store untouched.
I do think we’ll be the last to adapt? Walmart will probably get there first, but we won’t be able to hold out forever.
Anyhow, I don’t NEED to understand what you assume to my arrogance, as I do not hold HR to any less esteem than any other position in our current state. They’re essential, just as GM or Style or Beauty or the Frontend or Market. We all need each other to survive without exception. No merchandise, no guests, no sales, no team members. Furthermore, HR isn’t exempt for criticism, as it’s not a perfect altruistic partner. Do I think it deserves all of the feedback it’s gets, probably not. But that’s the Human in HR. And just like most areas, they probably don’t deserve the nitpicking and complaining. Then again, sometimes they do.

Nevertheless, if you NEED to be a Luddite be a Luddite. The future stops for no one.

"Captain, fix your tag, captain, tuck in your shirt, captain, can you stay a few hours extra and do some cardboard? Sure can, anything for you! It was fun.

I've addressed this in a pm already with one person apologizing, and I'm not going to get into the thick of it in this thread. However, I want to emphasize that I never intended to insult all of HR people everywhere. Nor did I even sat that. I just said in MY store, with the state of things, having an ETL in GM or something on the salesfloor and not locked away in an office for 10 hours a day would be more useful to us. US. Not YOU. Please understand that difference. I don't take part in drama, but I do listen and nod. The consensus is that we NEED someone on the floor, not in an office all day.

I can't believe that I have to explain this, but once again, I appreciate HR people. I am thankful for them. I never even said anything about any of you. In MY store, you would not believe the sheer amount of time our HR ETL spends in the breakroom making snacks. I'm not being sarcastic at all. It is ridiculous. ANY time I see MY, not YOUR, HR ETL on the salesfloor, they are gossiping. Not professionally discussing. Not speaking about something important. Immature. Gossip.

Our HRTM is a jewel & does quite a bit of the heavy lifting; our ETL-HR is the muscle who backs her up.
ETL-HR is on the floor whenever hands are needed but also knows where their priorities lie.
Between them both they do a LOT of the unseen & unknown that many take for granted.
As a corp buddy once told me: "You always take care of the people who handle your pay. ALWAYS."

My SD keeps hinting that a structural (oeganizational) announcement is coming Monday. Announcement was suppose to be friday but then it got pushed back. We thinking maybe consumables TL coming back

Eventually, software could do most of the job of HR, so having an ETL might be a thing of the past. I know at lot of low volume stores have a HRTL instead. If you were a hard to staff store, I could see maybe having a blended role, like HR/S&E ETL or something. But the last test of blended roles, STL-GE, didn’t go so hot.
In early 2000 they did ge/hr etl in low volume stores. They did away with it.

We could use a team lead or etl to improve our backroom/salesfloor instead of another snack/calendar coloring person.
so like maybe something like say a team of people that work exclusively in the backroom to maintain a certain brand. Hmm…… we could call that a backroom team and we could even bring back the instocks team while we are at it

so like maybe something like say a team of people that work exclusively in the backroom to maintain a certain brand. Hmm…… we could call that a backroom team and we could even bring back the instocks team while we are at it
I don’t know what the level of sarcasm is here, but yeah. I know what those are.

I don’t know what the level of sarcasm is here, but yeah. I know what those are.
over 9,000 baby, straight to the moon, Alice straight to the moon.

modernization, end to end, DBO's the whole bloody lot has been nothing but a bloody failure. we are not in a better place the store is a disaster. the numbers/books are cooked to the point of "How can they not see it is a sham?"

expecting 8+ hours of work done in 4 and a half is ludicrous.

watching ____ convince ADA people to quit because you believe they can no longer fulfill the redefined core rolls with out even attempting any accommodations is well illegal sorta but well we did it.

allowing some one that did one of the unforgivable acts to continue working and not be immediately fired but ____ quit to get away from the situation. so problem solved as far as spot is concerned

selected enforcement of attendance policy.

the total and complete lack of compliance of any health codes pertains to grocery ie bloody bleach should not be anywhere near backing goods as any reasonable thinking person knows.

and hey that mold splotch in the dairy cooler ceiling is completely okay. even tho it is getting fuzzy enough that it needs a fracking hair cut.

the fact that we get expired food on our deliveries and the occasional dead animal in the trailer

and I do think certain vegetables should not be squishy.

mold growing on ground meat items seems to be wrong

I could go on and on so yeah

Target has failed my store and we can not be the only store that is like this. and as I have said in other threads we are one of the better stores in the district/group.

so unless by some bloody miracle that Elune herself comes down none of these silly ass Org changes are going to fix the broken ass management culture Target has going on at the store level.

and if anyone even mentions the word empowered in any context I will probably laugh my ass off

My SD keeps hinting that a structural (oeganizational) announcement is coming Monday. Announcement was suppose to be friday but then it got pushed back. We thinking maybe consumables TL coming back
If you moved up to the next higher volume you will gain leadership. This is standard and not really an org chart “change” over previous years. You’ve just moved to a higher org chart.

Yeah, I guess I can say that the HR changes that are happening relate to the elimination of the HR TL position (again, it was brought to my attention that ALL target stores will no longer need an HR team lead) and replaced with an ETL-HR along with several HR experts as needed. I had no idea that ALL STORES IN THE COUNTRY were gaining a fulfillment team lead, but it was just announced that all stores that do not have one in my district will be gaining one, regardless if they have SFS or not.

Yeah, I guess I can say that the HR changes that are happening relate to the elimination of the HR TL position (again, it was brought to my attention that ALL target stores will no longer need an HR team lead) and replaced with an ETL-HR along with several HR experts as needed. I had no idea that ALL STORES IN THE COUNTRY were gaining a fulfillment team lead, but it was just announced that all stores that do not have one in my district will be gaining one, regardless if they have SFS or not.
What about ULV stores that just have OPU?

After some investigation ULV stores do not seem to be getting the fulfillment TL spot. At least not in my district.

Target hasn't failed your store, your leaders have.
yeah about that.
every single DTL, GTL, xBP comes tolling through our store none of them bow down from their pedestal to talk to the peons.
that fuzzy mold encrusted censor has been that way for over a year. ya think the old STL or our new one might at least once have taken a look in the dairy cooler to see this thing?

The culture in our store comes from the mothership it all filters down from the mothership. no one is going to speak out against the "new and exciting things" coming from HQ, none of them. no one is going to speak truth to power. Target has a bad habit of making those that speak up go away.

What about ULV stores that just have OPU?
After some investigation ULV stores do not seem to be getting the fulfillment TL spot. At least not in my district.
I'm probably wrong. I'm not a leader, so I do not know the threshold to meet or exceed to earn yourself a Fulfillment Operations Team Leader. I know that the last store I worked in was completely low volume and only made around $20,000,000 per year, but they earned a fulfillment lead, but they also had SFS.

I'm probably wrong. I'm not a leader, so I do not know the threshold to meet or exceed to earn yourself a Fulfillment Operations Team Leader. I know that the last store I worked in was completely low volume and only made around $20,000,000 per year, but they earned a fulfillment lead, but they also had SFS.
We have SFS and OPU and are higher volume than that store and we don’t have a fulfillment lead. It will be helpful to get one so our current TL’s aren’t stretched so thin.

Back