COVID-19 Other than TP and sanitizer, what is your store out of?

I now work at a national grocery store chain where we order much of our stock 4 days a week. That being said my boss upped our produce order for Sunday from our normal 300-400 pieces to 700. Despite this, our warehouse in Denver was only able to send us 300 pieces. On top of that our entire order for today canceled. This means we are out of green cabbage, iceberg lettuce, potatoes (except baby purple), strawberries, bananas, onions, and most all of bagged/clamshell salads. We were told it is due to a lack of inventory, the manpower to palletize and load any inventory onto the truck, as well a shortage of contract drivers (only the stores right in the Denver get a company driver). Also cannot confirm, but I think they prioritized the Denver stores over the outlying stores.

Tomorrow will be even worse as they will be even less for us to stock. I think tomorrow will another cleaning day. Today we had to spray the top and below all of our plastic pallets in our stockroom and cooler.

You know it is bad when they make the deli manager play courtesy clerk for half of her shift. I just have to say that she did this job with a smile.

Not sure if Wednesday will better, as I am sure my boss and I will try to over-order again tomorrow. If we really get everything we order we will have more than enough to keep us busy for several days.

When I was in last night, we were also out of wipes (hand wipes, sanitizing wipes & baby wipes), kids medicines, paper towels, most kleenexes, gallons of drinking water, frozen vegetables, pasta, most pasta sauce, many prepared meats (bacon, sausage, etc.), bread, most mac 'n cheese, rice, many other boxed dinner-type foods, bread, sugar, salt....

And I'm sure other stuff I didn't notice.

Food is definitely taking a hit now. People are used to being out of the other stuff. The ship carts looked like uboats full of food to be stocked.

My kids get breakfast and lunch at school usually. (Breakfast is free to everyone, boys like hot lunch and daughter is hit or miss.) so I’m used to only feeding my kids dinner. Now they’re home all day. Every day. For almost a month. It isn’t just the meals I’ve had to stock up for, it’s the snacking. The constant snacking. It’s all the constant $*@# teenage snacking! (Deep breath) I should have just bought more Gatorade and Cheez-it’s. I will survive this, my children will, and my bank account will recover.

Secret stash. I would love to take some of these morons on a trip through our back room. WHO THE FUCK HAS ROOM FOR STASHING ANYTHING, LET ALONE SECRETLY, YOU MORONS.

@JAShands a coworker at my day job was telling me of a friend of hers, married with 8 kids, 6 of whom are boys between 6 and 15, about getting shamed for "prepping" at Sam's Club. She was like "Hey, asshole, this is my weekly grocery run, now step aside."

My kids get breakfast and lunch at school usually. (Breakfast is free to everyone, boys like hot lunch and daughter is hit or miss.) so I’m used to only feeding my kids dinner. Now they’re home all day. Every day. For almost a month. It isn’t just the meals I’ve had to stock up for, it’s the snacking. The constant snacking. It’s all the constant $*@# teenage snacking! (Deep breath) I should have just bought more Gatorade and Cheez-it’s. I will survive this, my children will, and my bank account will recover.
The schools here provide a daily snack and lunch pack. All not refrigerated items. Call and ask if they do.

Many school districts here are in my state are giving away free meals to students.

Long with the aforementioned, fresh meats, canned foods. I have guests getting mad at me for not breaking into our “secret stash” of items to help them out. People are going nuts here.
Everyone at my grocery store was very nice. Some seemed frustrated, but not mad and were understanding of the situation.

All pasta, all rice, all crackers, chips,soups, empty bread aisle. Our freezers are completely empty front and back except for bakery.
[/QUOTE
Our bread aisle was also mostly empty this morning. It looked a little better after the Bimbo vendor showed up. Not sure if I saw the Franz vendor or if we got our vendor cross-dock order from Pepperidge.

Over the weekend our consumables section looked like hordes had swept thru....empty coolers, empty shelves....I'd never seen it this wiped out.
A regular guest was wandering the aisles & she asked me if this was a supply problem.
I looked at her & said "You DO know that people are stocking up because of COVID-19, right."
"Yeah, I know that but....why are your shelves empty? Don't you have more stuff in your stock room?"
"Actually, no. We get trucks every night with doubles a couple times a week. They're changing our schedule & what they're shipping to try & catch up but it'll take a few days for our distribution centers to make the switch."
"I just don't get why you're not stocked up."
I walked away at that point since I couldn't penetrate the barrier of cluelessness she was exuding.

We are out of pasta, bread , soup , pasta sauce , rice, dry beans, frozen stuffs..
Same at my store. People don't seem to understand that vendor products like bread & milk don't arrive on Target owned trucks. I can't force these vendors to service the store on Sundays. Hell, our GM ETL can't force these vendors to service the store on Sundays.

Food Ave is closed. No TP, paper towels, hand soap, hand sanitizer, disinfectant wipes, thermometers, disinfectant sprays, bleach, rubbing alcohol, aloe Vera, hydrogen peroxide, Lysol, masks. Almost no food. No meat except ribs and a couple of hams. We do have a few eggs and we got dairy in today. No produce, pasta or bread. No 24 packs of water but some gallons. Some dry because they purged the backroom overnight. We did get some meds and vitamins in. I don't know what the guests are buying but we comped up 20% today and killed it in market. Style is really taking a hit right now. Our state is in pretty bad shape. Alot of TMs are getting concerned as the number of cases rise everyday.
Everyone please stay safe out there!

A lot of food isles are completely wiped out including there backroom siblings. We are having some fun with trying to figure out what we will he out of next so far coffee is in the lead as the whole isle is almost wiped clean. In a way what shocked a lot of tms in the store is the amount of electronics being purchased as well. It’s not even the things I would think of either tho we are low on them as well. We sold through a good amount of tvs no matter the size the last few days the spot in the backroom is almost completely empty. The printer isle took a hit espically the ink. Headphones and streaming players were another big one as well as all video games been selling extremely good.

We are also completely out of Nintendo switches. We are comping up in electronics as well. Its kinda weird considering we are in the middle of a pandemic.
Maybe because people are anticipating needing something to keep themselves entertained? So much in my state has been closed down, people are staying home more than usual. Kids are off school for 3 weeks, possibly longer depending how things go.

Back