Archived Our red phones at Target

Status
Not open for further replies.

lifewithtarget

datebest.net - visit website and win smartphone!
So, maybe ours are different, but I didn't know how to use the red phone, so one of the team members showed me. He showed me that with each red phone, there is a strip at the bottom of the red phone that has a pound number and then a combination of numbers.

Well when the operator said "There is a guest on #2280" I ran over to a red phone, picked it up and dialed those numbers and I got a message that said "A team member will be right with you".

So, do I tell the operator to transfer the call to whatever red phone I'm standing by with the pound then the set of numbers or am I missing something?

When I pick up the phone, nothing happens. I'm saying that when I do punch in the #2280, then I get a robot saying "A team member will be with you shortly"

When I pick the phone up, it's just silence

You have to wait. Pick up the phone. As soon as you hear "Welcome to Target" (which will take about two seconds), hit # and then 2280 or whatever numbers they gave you. The line will connect, but at my store, you have to wait three or four seconds to start talking because it doesn't hook up right away. Dunno why, but I have a feeling the beginning of my schpiel always gets cut off. :p

Speaking of, how do you place calls on and off hold on the phones with the 2280 number system? I desperately need to know how to do this and I don't. I tried doing it before and I think I hung up on the guest, lol.

You press the white bar at the top that normally hangs the call up. Wait for it to do a sound "beep beep beep" then the extension you want to park it on. Ie 2180 to be picked up on 2280. For other phones you just press "flash" then the extension ie 2180

You press the white bar at the top that normally hangs the call up. Wait for it to do a sound "beep beep beep" then the extension you want to park it on. Ie 2180 to be picked up on 2280. For other phones you just press "flash" then the extension ie 2180

OMG! Thank you!
I've always wanted to know how to do that.

OMG! Thank you!

It takes a few tries to get it right, but you'll want to make sure you press the bar down for the correct amount of time. If you barely tap it, it won't do anything, but if you hold it for too long, the call will be disconnected. If you did it right, you'll hear the funny beep sound (the one that's not the dial tone).

OMG! Thank you!

Make sure you announce it on the walkie as well. "Operator, I parked that call on 84", etc. just so they know and others know too. Only a few people at my store knew how to do that :)

I'd suggest that the first time you are going to try to put a call on hold...tell the guest what you are doing and let them know that if they get hung up on that they'll need to call the store again. So that, if they get cut off they won't get as angry as they would with just getting cut off.

After you are successful at transferring/holding a call then you won't have to warn guests anymore!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back