COVID-19 Our store has a confirmed positive team memberšŸ˜¬

Okay so our Store director called me about this team member having a CoVid19, she said she came to work Wednesday, tested thursday and confirmed Friday. She said they reviewed the camera and sanitized all the area she/he was touching.

And she said make sure u wear your mask and gloves and wash your hands all the time and avoid touching your face. And business as usual.

Now my question is, dont you guys think the store should be close for few days and sanitized the whole store? Im not sure if my store is using the proper guidelines, like quarantining the people that this team member was in contact with. Im just scared to go to work now knowing somebody was walking around with covid19šŸ˜¬

I hate to be paranoid but what state and city are you from
To protect our TBR member's anonymity, I suggest only identifying the state and general region of their store, such as "New York Metro area", "Chicagoland", "Southern California", "Western Washington". If it's a state with only a couple of stores, like Montana or Wyoming, just say "Rocky Mountain region". Anonymity on this board is critical to avoid unintended career damage for the TBR member.

To protect our TBR member's anonymity, I suggest only identifying the state and general region of their store, such as "New York Metro area", "Chicagoland", "Southern California", "Western Washington". If it's a state with only a couple of stores, like Montana or Wyoming, just say "Rocky Mountain region". Anonymity on this board is critical to avoid unintended career damage for the TBR member.

Agreed, keep it general folks.
Spot can be pissy at the best of times and these are clearly not the best of times.

There are way more store than you think with positive cases. There is no need to close the store as itā€™s no different than a guest and you would never know that. As long as YOU are following proper precautions you should be fine. If you donā€™t feel safe your entitled to taking a 30 day LOA

The virus dies on most surfaces within minutes, others hours. Anyone who thinks a store needs to close longer than a night and desanitize has no idea how airborne viruses work.

Okay so our Store director called me about this team member having a CoVid19, she said she came to work Wednesday, tested thursday and confirmed Friday. She said they reviewed the camera and sanitized all the area she/he was touching.

And she said make sure u wear your mask and gloves and wash your hands all the time and avoid touching your face. And business as usual.

Now my question is, dont you guys think the store should be close for few days and sanitized the whole store? Im not sure if my store is using the proper guidelines, like quarantining the people that this team member was in contact with. Im just scared to go to work now knowing somebody was walking around with covid19šŸ˜¬
We had someone at another grocery store in our district that that ended up with the virus. At first, we did which store, but it was listed on page 3 of the newspaper a few days back. The article states that the company had to bring in an outside company to clean and disinfect the store. We were told that if that happened in our store, we would have to close for this to happen.

I learned that your store won't close unless you have SEVERAL deaths due to coronavirus....

Then the health department closes you down to do a deep cleaning. I'd imagine ALL unpaid.

Iā€™d like to know how this person got their test back so quickly!
šŸ˜³

My husbands employer has an on site clinic that will test anyone covered by their health plan, results I don't know if we get them that fast but at least I know I can get tested.

My store has at least three cases, the best you can do is protect yourself. Keep your hands clean, wear your mask and DON'T TOUCH YOUR FACE. Before you leave work, wipe down your phone, wash your hands. At home leave your shoes by the door, toss clothes in the washing machine and then take a shower. Helps keep all the grunge controlled in your house. I have been doing this for weeks. If you go back out, wipe down the car, door handles, wheel, switch gear, HVAC controls, the stuff you always touch.

At work I wipe down both the radio and Zebra, the OPU desk I wipe it down every morning, drawer handles the top, the RFID guns, the printer all the stuff we touch the most. Repeat when coming back from lunch. OPU carts get wiped down at the start of my shift and any time I grab a new one. I wear the box handler gloves and the rule has been any time I take them off, hands either get sanitizer or washed before they go back on.

You control what you can control. It will go a lot farther than be scared.

Got the call today that we've had our first "presumptive positive" TM. No info except that they were last in the store yesterday.

I'm surprised it took this long, TBH. I'm not terribly concerned, as I haven't heard of any outbreaks originating from grocery stores, just places where humans hang out in close proximity for an hour+, and I read an article today on a couple of studies that noted the same, so I don't think surfaces are a super huge risk, as long as you're washing hands/sanitizing/not touch your face, etc.

Back