Archived Out in the open schedule

Status
Not open for further replies.
At my store they are promoting direct deposit or pay card I’m sure in an effort to reduce the time spent filing them. I haven’t received a paper copy in years. Although I did receive one during my leave recently perhaps in an effort to reverse my sick pay should I not return. Other than that I just look at my bank account and if it looks off I’ll check it online

Speaking of schedules....I was on vacation for 11 days......the schedule that would have my first day back wasn't posted ( let alone done..) when I left for my vacation. I asked my STL if I could call in to find out what my shift schedule was for my return date. Well, STL said that I couldn't call in because there might be a mistake when someone would be giving me the scheduled time.....so I asked if I called to talk with an LOD would that be OK and she said "no" that I would have to come in to read the schedule or download the kronos app on my smartphone. Really??

Technically you can't give out schedules over the phone but if I recognize the voice I do.

My store has instances of people in
Sometimes hours are given on performance or those who know multiple work centers.

It's against policy to give hours based on performance. That doesn't alwsys happen but it's the official policy.

Our overtime signup /schedule and our vacation sign up is out in open

Our overtime signup /schedule and our vacation sign up is out in open
interesting, we don't even have a vacation sign up sheet in my store, you have to do it through eHR

So far no they just leave them below one of the registers personally I have never been so happy to have direct deposit.
And what's to stop someone who shouldn't from just taking what doesn't belong to them? Your store is asking for trouble with how they're handling paychecks.

And what's to stop someone who shouldn't from just taking what doesn't belong to them? Your store is asking for trouble with how they're handling paychecks.

I felt weird just taking the UPS/Fed-Ex package of checks up to HR the few times I have run it up from Receiving. I don't want anything to do with them.

This. I am baffled by how trusting people could be sometimes. Like, you have to actually tell them: Don't give out the personal information (i.e. phone number, e-mail, schedule, etc) of anyone to someone over the phone. Don't give out the TMSC passcode to people who don't work here. Don't let strangers into TMSC. And the list goes on... o_O
Don't tell a caller asking for AP that they're not there today (likely a booster); just say they're busy & take a message (boosters don't leave messages, of course).
Don't announce over the walkie that the armored truck is here & the courier is waiting for the LOD at cash office.
Most stores have a code phrase: "LOD to 3239 for XXX (innocuous code name)".

interesting, we don't even have a vacation sign up sheet in my store, you have to do it through eHR

He works at a distribution center so it's not particularly relevant to you at a store

Not even just not letting anyone know schedules, but also not letting anyone know if someone is working. Like if someone shows up and asks where Adam is, you need to respond and say you don’t know if he’s working today or that you don’t know who he is (even tho you know Adam is right over in frozen).

Don't tell a caller asking for AP that they're not there today (likely a booster); just say they're busy & take a message (boosters don't leave messages, of course).

Yup. Professionals will sometimes call the store before hitting it, just to see if AP is there or not.

No, I completely understand and support the need for safety and privacy. My issue is a simple one.....I mean, your HR and HR clerical are both people who know that you are on vacation.....it is not like it is a surprise. So why must it be such an issue for the TM who is on vacation call their store...talk to HR or HR clerical ( both of which will know that only the vacationing TM would call) and get (not their whole schedule) the time for their FIRST shift back from said vacation?

Suppose a TM is out of town and will be returning home late Sunday night.....and their first shift back is on Monday....how do they find out their time?

Up until just a few days ago I didn't even know that the kronos app existed....and we've been told again and again (at my store) that the schedule on ehr may not be correct and don't depend on it. So, where would that leave a TM like me to find out, for sure what my schedule is....and since a cashier can come in as early as 8:00am....how the heck would a TM find their time??

I can see a situation at my store going something like this:

1) TM on vacation for 2 weeks.
2) TM returns home the night before their day back.
3) TM is scheduled at 8:00am.
4) TM comes in on their first day...say around 10:00am....only to find out that they were scheduled to be there at 8:00am.
5) TM gets marked as nc/ns.
6) everyone gets (sorry for the indelicate term here...) screwed just because the TM can't get an easy answer from HR.

Hmmmm.....good policy regarding no shift schedule information for a TM on vacation.........

Now, if said TM is on vacation and won't arrive until the night before their work day.......said TM ought to be able to call HR or HR clerical for that one tiny bit of information.....otherwise...see #4 and #5 above.

I mean, if HR can't be trusted to know if it is "safe" to give out the one shift, who can you trust?

1) TM on vacation for 2 weeks.

To play devil's advocate a vacation of more than 10 days is supposed to be an LOA, mytime won't let you schedule off that many days in a row even though there are ways around this.

My other thought is if I scheduled someone who was gone two weeks I would call them myself to give them their schedule. Less risky using the number on file then taking a call from someone I am not sure is you.

Last edited:
I thought that LOA was needed, but I had 11 days off and there was no issue for me. mytime allowed me to schedule the time but I was actually expecting them to say something to me, but nothing was said. Maybe because I've never taken off that much time before....or maybe it was because it was January. There was another TM who wanted to take 14 days off, (over the Summer) but when she discovered that she was going to have to go LOA she suddenly changed her vacation plans!

I would like to have you as my HR! Especially knowing that I'd be called or have a message on my answering machine with the scheduled shift.

mytime may have worked because of how the time was put into the system? Maybe a Thursday through a following Monday wasn't picked up as being 11 days?

Ooooh this new set of lods is all kinds of waiting to get in trouble. Those of us that have been through the hoops are waiting for the fall. They dont even have anyone relevant handing them out we stand in line at guest service and wait for whatever tm up there to hand it over while guests wait behind us. To say its disgusting would be an overstatement. Again I cant stress enough how happy I am to have direct deposit. Oh and now they have w2s there to. Smh I just cant

Don't announce over the walkie that the armored truck is here & the courier is waiting for the LOD at cash office.
Most stores have a code phrase: "LOD to 3239 for XXX (innocuous code name)".

Don't say, "There is currently no AP in store right now," over channel one on the walkie. The entire store can hear it. :rolleyes:

Don't yell out, "Hey HRLady, going to the cash office?!," when we are among strangers right in the middle of the sales floor. :eek: HRLady values her safety and does not want to be targeted for any potential crimes. :(

Since I’m M-F, if I do two weeks I just request M-F of each week and don’t include the weekends in my request to work around the system.

Yes, the only way I know how to put in requests in mytime is to do it by the week or partial week that you need off.
I didn't know that this request could be done any other way.

Ooooh this new set of lods is all kinds of waiting to get in trouble. Those of us that have been through the hoops are waiting for the fall. They dont even have anyone relevant handing them out we stand in line at guest service and wait for whatever tm up there to hand it over while guests wait behind us. To say its disgusting would be an overstatement. Again I cant stress enough how happy I am to have direct deposit. Oh and now they have w2s there to. Smh I just cant
Wow. Just wow. I've worked a lot of places, not just retail, and none of them handled paychecks and W-2s like this. I have direct deposit too, so never have to worry about someone else depositing my check, but those check stubs have personal information on them too - like your whole name and your address. Wow again. This would motivate me to finally get my stubs online.

I like to know who is running the front lanes when I go up there. I want to know who is rotating if I am working in between GSTL/GSA shifts. They set the mood of the front end hands down. So I need to know who is up there so I can be mentally prepared to perform my best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back