Archived Out of compliance again...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay...so I worked 9-6 over the weekend and wasn't really paying attention to when my breaks were scheduled. The pharmacist scheduled my lunch for 12:30. I clocked out at 12:32 and clocked back in at 1:03. We got busy right at closing because we had a TON of people show up right at 6. I ended up not clocking out until 6:16 when we realized I was WAAAYYYY out of compliance. This is my 2nd incident in a year....both times were because of the same thing (although the first time, I was the only tech there with the pharmacist)....how much trouble am I in???

When situations have occurred in the past at my store, it really depends on the ETL, some handle it different than others.

at our store where they are cracking down on it but the last one that I knew to go on compliance had to sign a note that she knew what she did and wouldn't do it again. BUT she is an extremely hard worker who hasn't ever in her 5 years working had gone on compliance before.

The couple of times it's happened to me I've got a walk-by with "You know better, right?"
I say I'm sorry and make sure it doesn't happen for a year or two.
It's going to depend on how much of a problem it is in your store and if your ETL-HR is a hard-ass.

If I am reading this correctly then you are fine. You have until 6 hours before actually go into complance.

Which is why my store encourages ETLs, TLs, and GSAs to sign in as "LOD" on their PDAs. Everybody knows if you're about to hit compliance, so it's a team effort to make sure we all stay green!

So I once hit compliance 3 times in 2 weeks...based on my expierence you should be fine just be careful do the math when you clock in for your shift and make sure your not an hour over :)

No offense, but your pharmacist doesn't know how to do basic math. The way she had you scheduled, you would have had to take 2 lunches to not be in compliance.. which doesn't make sense when you're scheduled 9 hours (instead of 10.. which would require 2).. Basic math says that 9-12:30 (3.5hrs) and 1-6 (5hrs).. so she's not even taking into account the possibility there would be high guest traffic or something that would delay you from punching out at 6 on the dot.. she should have had you take your lunch at the 4hr mark (30mins later).. which would give plenty of time for those "what-if" situations..

I always take my lunch at the 4 hours and 30min mark so I get some extra breathing room during the second half of my shift in case I don't get to clock out on time.

Which is why my store encourages ETLs, TLs, and GSAs to sign in as "LOD" on their PDAs. Everybody knows if you're about to hit compliance, so it's a team effort to make sure we all stay green!
We rarely have a PDA in the pharmacy until later in the day (when we have to do our order) so it wouldn't have done mattered. Nobody ever called us to let us know, either...

No offense, but your pharmacist doesn't know how to do basic math. The way she had you scheduled, you would have had to take 2 lunches to not be in compliance.. which doesn't make sense when you're scheduled 9 hours (instead of 10.. which would require 2).. Basic math says that 9-12:30 (3.5hrs) and 1-6 (5hrs).. so she's not even taking into account the possibility there would be high guest traffic or something that would delay you from punching out at 6 on the dot.. she should have had you take your lunch at the 4hr mark (30mins later).. which would give plenty of time for those "what-if" situations..
Yeah, she admitted she screwed up, and to be honest, she's not the brightest bulb in the chandelier sometimes ;)

I just had to sign the audit book and write down my reason (helping guests). Fortunately, I got our "good" ETL so it wasn't a big deal....I'll pay more attention next time. I just haven't been sleeping well lately and haven't really been "all there" :(

We rarely have a PDA in the pharmacy until later in the day (when we have to do our order) so it wouldn't have done mattered. Nobody ever called us to let us know, either...

Every leader in the building should be signed in as LOD. I can't imagine that NO ONE called it out. That's insanity.....and slightly stupid.

You are under the pharmacy ETL? In that case I take it you are a pharmacy TM/tech..... Honestly, you have nothing to worry about.

Pharmacy TMs (and especially techs) are the only TMs in the store I would basically call "untouchable". In other words, you would have to be doing some pretty damn bad BS before your job even started to be at risk. Pharmacy techs are not exactly all over the place, and spot can't replace you nearly as easily as other TMs.

They are also the only TMs in the store that are expected to do nothing other than pharmacy. Ever see your pharmacy tech zoning, at the lanes, or anywhere else for that matter? Of course not.

On top of that, I spent years at Target. I have never heard of nor seen an ETL-RX that was a hard ass. They, btw, are basically "untouchable" as well. They make more than every ETL in the building, your STL, and your DTL.... and again, are not exactly all over the place.

Unless you are on some kind of bad terms with your ETL-RX it is *extremely* unlikely they will allow any other ETL (or even your STL) in your store to mess with you over this. They basically have exclusive jurisdiction over the pharmacy and TMs in it.

So, ask your self this. Are you on good terms with your ETL-RX? If so, you have zero to worry about. Yea, they might scare you and "warn" you about it, but in actuality your job is not at any kind of risk.

You are under the pharmacy ETL? In that case I take it you are a pharmacy TM/tech.....
Yes, I am

They are also the only TMs in the store that are expected to do nothing other than pharmacy. Ever see your pharmacy tech zoning,
If we have time (which DOES happen on occasion, though, admittedly, not very often), we have been known to zone HBA in our store ;)

On top of that, I spent years at Target. I have never heard of nor seen an ETL-RX that was a hard ass.
Ummm....you haven't met mine....there's a reason we're almost always "green" ;)
They, btw, are basically "untouchable" as well. They make more than every ETL in the building, your STL, and your DTL.... and again, are not exactly all over the place.
I know of a few that have been replaced....granted, they did some pretty bad stuff....

Unless you are on some kind of bad terms with your ETL-RX it is *extremely* unlikely they will allow any other ETL (or even your STL) in your store to mess with you over this. They basically have exclusive jurisdiction over the pharmacy and TMs in it.

So, ask your self this. Are you on good terms with your ETL-RX? If so, you have zero to worry about. Yea, they might scare you and "warn" you about it, but in actuality your job is not at any kind of risk.
Yes I am, fortunately....if I were someone else in the pharmacy, though, I might be worried ;)

Thanks for letting me know it's ultimately up to her, though....

Last edited:
I Never remember to go to lunch. I have my cell phone in my pocket, set to vibrate on calls, but ring with a lunch/end day alarm. I wouldn't still have a job without it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back