Out of shelves

How many other stores have run out of shelves? We did. Contacted 4 of the next closest stores; all out of 18" shelves. We've used every shelf except for the deep, high capacity shelves and are still short almost 50 shelves.

Apparently, it's a company wide issue. During our last visit we were told to keep every usable shelf and borrow from other stores, if needed. Something with the supplier, iirc. 🤷🏻‍♀️

How many other stores have run out of shelves? We did. Contacted 4 of the next closest stores; all out of 18" shelves. We've used every shelf except for the deep, high capacity shelves and are still short almost 50 shelves.
They typically do an 48x18 inch shelf pallet push for Q4 risers

They sent riser shelves (14", not 18") last year. It's not something they would resend every year as that size isn't used too often. We kept many of ours on the gondolas since fixture room space is almost always non-existent. The rest we made for into the fixture room.

I've also heard there is a supplier issue with a lot of fixtures. Ordering shelves isn't going to do any good if the supplier can't ship them.

We normally end up with a shelf shortage going into the seasonal set after Christmas because it uses so many, but never before. Right now, our fixture room wall is 60% full of shelves still, but come January will be completely empty. We also replaced and use 22" shelves everywhere the basedeck is 22." Seasonal and mini are all 22" for us so that frees up 18" for elsewhere.

They sent riser shelves (14", not 18") last year. It's not something they would resend every year as that size isn't used too often. We kept many of ours on the gondolas since fixture room space is almost always non-existent. The rest we made for into the fixture room.

I've also heard there is a supplier issue with a lot of fixtures. Ordering shelves isn't going to do any good if the supplier can't ship them.

We normally end up with a shelf shortage going into the seasonal set after Christmas because it uses so many, but never before. Right now, our fixture room wall is 60% full of shelves still, but come January will be completely empty. We also replaced and use 22" shelves everywhere the basedeck is 22." Seasonal and mini are all 22" for us so that frees up 18" for elsewhere.
Oh yeah you’re right. I remember last year and then this year small formats got a survey for riser space and sent a pallet of shelves so in my head it’s just something they send to stores that need them every year. Also my old store had 2-3 pallets of 18inch wrapped in steel for Q4

We got a bunch of 18"s for the OPU hold so I let Presentation take some of those and we used the 14s instead. Rather have them on the floor than offstage.
Interestingly, gondola white fixtures are now discontinued, apparently.

We got a bunch of 18"s for the OPU hold so I let Presentation take some of those and we used the 14s instead. Rather have them on the floor than offstage.

That's what happened to us. Since the movable walls are off the floor now, we ran out of regular shelves. Good job Target for sending all new fixtures just to not use them. More money wasted.

I still have the backwall and candy aisle in mini to set and my PML is building the second half of the OPU hold space today. I will be talking with them about using 14s instead of 18s, since I'll probably need 50+ 18s for just those two aisles alone.

Off white yes, only pure white is available.

We don't have the shelves for the risers yet. The toys DBO is starting to get VERY nervous about it.
fuck I didnt even think about this and I was told my section needs risers next week....where did they all go from last year? like we had plenty for toys and instapots..I hope some lead didnt give them to another store ugh

I still have the backwall and candy aisle in mini to set and my PML is building the second half of the OPU hold space today. I will be talking with them about using 14s instead of 18s, since I'll probably need 50+ 18s for just those two aisles alone.
Does your PML literally do shit last minute every time or is that just the culture at my store? It's a running joke we kinda call him "last minute larry" but ...not that name because if I said what we really call him id be outing myself and my store lol =P

Does your PML literally do shit last minute every time or is that just the culture at my store? It's a running joke we kinda call him "last minute larry" but ...not that name because if I said what we really call him id be outing myself and my store lol =P

Nope it's SOP for my store. Not the PML's fault we don't have extra hold space since where it says to build it, those are areas we don't have and the STL won't approve the suggestion. So I will just take over her office first.

Back