Outbound lane question ❓

"The RWTM is suppose to verify the count on the header label matches the # of labels and that there are enough cartons on the pallet. If there are discrepancies we log them in the computer “real time”."

Oh this?👆

@RWTM 👍 She just got the position and I have nothing bad to say about her. I don't know what a RWTM is, I'm new 😂
Please let her know I said congratulations, that’s awesome to hear. We have never had an OB LWW at my RDC. My key (OBB2) is LWWless right now 🫠

"The RWTM is suppose to verify the count on the header label matches the # of labels and that there are enough cartons on the pallet. If there are discrepancies we log them in the computer “real time”."

Oh this?👆
Kinda but A RWTM also can do LRP’s, SUL audits, DPM research, find incorrect DCPI’s in WA CA locations, Drive A Sort, Fastest QC in the SW, Fastest NCON sorter in the SW, and mentor new hires. Waiting for a LWW tittle but my OM won’t make it happen?

Kinda but A RWTM also can do LRP’s, SUL audits, DPM research, find incorrect DCPI’s in WA CA locations, Drive A Sort, Fastest QC in the SW, Fastest NCON sorter in the SW, and mentor new hires. Waiting for a LWW tittle but my OM won’t make it happen?
You know its not up to your OM? SOMs make the final call. You might just not be interviewing well. Counts for a good portion of getting the role. They want to see if you can clearly communicate your strengths and weaknesses and what skills you bring to the table. Your OM may know you but the people interviewing you don't.

Did you get feedback from your interview?

I had to do interviews for leads and I had to turn someone down because they're a great worker but they bombed the interview. Came in unprepared and couldn't share an example to save their life.

A great worker does not make a great leader.

You know its not up to your OM? SOMs make the final call. You might just not be interviewing well. Counts for a good portion of getting the role. They want to see if you can clearly communicate your strengths and weaknesses and what skills you bring to the table. Your OM may know you but the people interviewing you don't.

I had to do interviews for leads and I had to turn someone down because they're a great worker but they bombed the interview. Came in unprepared and couldn't share an example to save their life.

😁

Last edited:
I told my OM that I felt like they were trying to kill me and she checked my laneset and said I was "only running 95%" but she would give two of my doors to another TM. I started out with 6 lanes that day. I'm still in the ramping up process. I feel that I'm going to get better as I continue to work. Also we have awesome closers that will take lane and help us newbies get caught up. Thanks everyone for the advice and support!!
So something to ask your OM and maybe to get your new LWW to look at things differently. In DPM it states you are at 95% but that is 95% to budget where your buildings 8 week average COULD be lower than what budget is and you MAY be running over 100% to what your buildings 8 week average is or even what your keys 8 week average is. Next time ask what you CPH is for the day (as it may change on a daily basis) and asking your LWW ask how many total cartons you have done so far into shift. Divide that by the CPH and it gives you the amount of hours you have done per carton count. If you worked 5 hours and that formula states you've done 6 you're over 100% for the day

Time and time again I have told people this. I also say a great worker doesn't make a great trainer. They can be good at the job but bad at teaching or leading.

I’ll take you under my wing don’t worry

It’s only a couple dollars more an hr. I’m really not trippin. I’m going back to school for free and don’t even want to really. What am I refusing? Being a trainer (last time I checked a trainer makes the same as a WW but reports to the TOM and their OM). I’m content in my current position as I decide what degree I want to choose from. Obvi Target doesn’t want to give this kid a promotion.
Trainer does not report to the TOM. Trainer reports to the OM. The most a TOM can do take away Trainer status.

As a trainer, however, you have a lot more influence on your department. You'd also gain a lot more knowledge on your department that I think you're missing. You ask a lot of questions on here that someone who's been in role for 2 to 3 years should know the answer too. You'll also be putting a name out for yourself that in case you decide you want to further your career at Target the people know who you are.

Second, while you don't report to the TOM, having one on your side can be super beneficial. Because of the nature of training and how it's involved in basically everything they get pulled into a lot of conversations that other level 5's aren't involved in. Such as promotions.

TL;DR being a trainer is going to do you more good than not long-term and short.

Trainer does not report to the TOM. Trainer reports to the OM. The most a TOM can do take away Trainer status.

As a trainer, however, you have a lot more influence on your department. You'd also gain a lot more knowledge on your department that I think you're missing. You ask a lot of questions on here that someone who's been in role for 2 to 3 years should know the answer too. You'll also be putting a name out for yourself that in case you decide you want to further your career at Target the people know who you are.

Second, while you don't report to the TOM, having one on your side can be super beneficial. Because of the nature of training and how it's involved in basically everything they get pulled into a lot of conversations that other level 5's aren't involved in. Such as promotions.

TL;DR being a trainer is going to do you more good than not long-term and short.
A lot of the questions I ask I do know the answers too, just trying to raise awareness. Becoming a trainer is something I am seriously pondering about. I’ve always tried to go above and beyond. Going on 3 years of that and while trying to maintain a great professional record well I’m starting to get burnt out. Thank you. @Hal My key is hurting bad. We have 0/2 LWW rn.

Last edited:

Working my way towards being a LWW. Talked to every current lead just about, my OMs and my senior about what I can do to better my chances. The one big commonality was being a trainer.

Working my way towards being a LWW. Talked to every current lead just about, my OMs and my senior about what I can do to better my chances. The one big commonality was being a trainer.
For real. I beleive 90% of our leads were trainers.
There is a reason HQ specified Leads are not able to continue being trainers in the rollout, lol. They knew.

For real. I beleive 90% of our leads were trainers.
There is a reason HQ specified Leads are not able to continue being trainers in the rollout, lol. They knew.
Being a trainer has helped me a lot in the LWW role. LWW is centralized around process, aka Standard Work. Which you’re introduced to as a NH and any time you’re trained on a new job function there’s a job breakdown that goes with it. Getting your hands in the auditing process before being engulfed in it as LWW was very beneficial for me because I already knew what I was looking for, how to fill out forms, etc. and it helps give a guideline for problem solving, which is ultimately what the LWW role was rolled out for. Being a trainer give you a little bit more time to become that subject matter expert they’re looking for in LWWs.

Back