Outbound lane question ❓

It will definitely be interesting to see what they do with the role when it goes live. My DC just took down the posting for capacity leads so now are interviews. I know one of my guys is going for it but hasn't got an interview date. The only time we have multiple stores on one trailer is during fall for Halloween. It isn't cold enough here so the candy will melt. We call it candy land and the shipping wing gets nice and cold
Target only offers interviews to the top 2-3 candidates for the position. A senior once told me that being selected for an interview is something to be proud of even if you don’t get the position. Leaders will provide mentorship to the hungry TM’s who ask. That way when you have your next interview, you nail it.

Your leader lied. All applicants get an interview if it is something publicly available to apply for with a sign up sheet.

Your leader lied. All applicants get an interview if it is something publicly available to apply for with a sign up sheet.
If someone’s OM doesn’t support them applying for a role, they won’t get an interview. Also, if there’s an over-abundance of applicants, they’ll narrow it down before interviews.
I’ve never seen anything narrowed down to 2-3 people, but 5-10 happens, esp if it’s only 1 or 2 positions.

If someone’s OM doesn’t support them applying for a role, they won’t get an interview. Also, if there’s an over-abundance of applicants, they’ll narrow it down before interviews.
I’ve never seen anything narrowed down to 2-3 people, but 5-10 happens, esp if it’s only 1 or 2 positions.
Must be different for each DC then. We regularly have 20+ interviews for single positions. Seems kind of shitty to not give someone a chance to interview that qualifies.

Must be different for each DC then. We regularly have 20+ interviews for single positions. Seems kind of shitty to not give someone a chance to interview that qualifies.
I’d call it analyzing the talent pool. If you don’t get an interview just set a goal on workday.

Target only offers interviews to the top 2-3 candidates for the position. A senior once told me that being selected for an interview is something to be proud of even if you don’t get the position. Leaders will provide mentorship to the hungry TM’s who ask. That way when you have your next interview, you nail it.
Yea I haven't heard that either. I had a senior tell me everyone gets an interview but also have seen an abundance of people apply so they narrowed it down to 10 or so. Is messed up they don't give everyone a chance to interview but I can see why if they need to fill the spot fast which they've been doing at my DC.

Yea I haven't heard that either. I had a senior tell me everyone gets an interview but also have seen an abundance of people apply so they narrowed it down to 10 or so. Is messed up they don't give everyone a chance to interview but I can see why if they need to fill the spot fast which they've been doing at my DC.
Perspective. Ours is different but we still good no sweat

Ya, I’ve never heard of it being whittled down to 2-3 tm’s. When leads were first announced a lot of people applied. They excluded some that obviously weren’t a fit (typically argumentative and whatnot), or had a few extra hours of accountable time.

Just wondering how many trailers are you assigned on an average day ? Do you work them alone or with a partner? And last question, how long or what triggers a yellow light to come on? I had my last day of training last night and I was assigned 3 trailers. 2 of them had walls that fell down and dumped boxes everywhere all 3 lanes were backed up from the get go. I spent the entire shift just trying to play catch up. Is this normal? Any tips or tricks? Thanks so much! I really need this job and just want to do good.
I had a 7 door set tonight (first time in over a year). My top hitting door was still a red dock light when I got over there. I thought I would be working them alone but I had a bunch of help from all sorts of TM’s (even my OM was in one of my lanes at one point) I appreciated it because even though I felt like a under performer I knew I was busting it. My yellow lights felt like there were on 24/7, no lie. Half the time a carton was stuck on a dead roller that happened to be right over the yellow light sensor triggering the light to come on but my lane was clear so I would have to go and hit the carton with my cane. I knew I was building perfect walls but when I would walk into a new trailer I would find a new or partial wall built over mine. The quality of the walls weren’t even comparable half the time. It made me look bad… once I went into a trailer the one wall had collapsed but I doctored it up. Idk if this is normal. I would appreciate some tips and tricks tho too plz!!

Here’s a trick of mine: use CONLUBE to get that chute over the dead roller all good and oily so the carton is able to gain enough momentum to get over the dead roller so you don’t have to keep going over every 5 mins. Should be a half of shift fix. 😉

Last edited:
Hey Outbound Fam, I'm in my 6th week in outbound Lanes and every day the OM tells us that the load plan is low but sometimes I feel like a chicken with his head cut off trying to maintain my 4-10 lanes. @RWTM I'm learning what a pain in the ass the "dead rollers" are, especially the ones right at the yellow light sensor 😫. I'm not a young guy so my body definitely feels it at the end of my 3rd 12. I've got a jam up trainer though and very helpful closers. So far I'm enjoying not hating my job 👍

Last edited:
Hey Outbound Fam, I'm in my 6th week in outbound Lanes and every day the OM tells us that the load plan is low but sometimes I feel like a chicken with his head cut off trying to maintain my 4-10 lanes. @RWTM I'm learning what a pain in the ass the "dead rollers" are, especially the ones right at the yellow light sensor 😫. I'm not a young guy so my body definitely feels it at the end of my 3rd 12. I've got a jam up trainer though and very helpful closers. So far I'm enjoying not hating my job 👍
Hey friend, so if you’re ever feeling overwhelmed flag a closer down or talk to your LWW to see what your laneset is running. I’m not sure where you’re at in the ramping process, but if you’re only supposed to be at 75% and you’re running 100% I would ask about getting a lane taken away if you feel like you’re jeopardizing your safety for speed. Building trailers is a skill that will become easier with time, you’ll start to get used to scoping out all of your conveyors frequently when walking from one to another. I try to encourage people to build the freight down to where the yellow bars are and then switching lanes and do the same. My DC has implemented different color flags on each of the conveyors to determine if it’s a low/medium/high volume store which has made teaching lane management a lot easier.
Then some nights I remember only running 75% and I kept having lights and i was just not having the best night. It happens to all of us in OB land. Keep at it, don’t give up! And use your step stool, and keep your dock light pointed into the trailer. You got this!

Also called consolidation. Multiple stores on one trailer. Which is what is trying to be achieved in Capacity. As so I think. The department goes live 3/20. So we shall find out. Good insights thanks. T3804,T3801,T3802,T055 are all hiring Capacity Leads rn.

I would talk to an OBOM regarding trailer quality and a TOM regarding trainers. You could probably ask a COM on or after 3/20. If I were a COM I’d kindly direct you to an OBOM or a TOM to discuss this matter.
I just spoke to a trainer/backup LWW who just got Consolidation LWW for B2. He will be working directly under Continuous Improvement (pretty sure that’s what they call it) and will be consolidating locations all day. He said he’ll be given a list at start of shift and won’t have to report to anyone but his boss but what I’ve heard thru the grapevine is that he will literally be spending all night on a reach truck

So far I'm enjoying not hating my job
It’s nice to know the RWTM is helping out the East Coast. We all fam in OB…

For those dead rollers… E & F probably too busy to fix those rollers atm. If you don’t have a mezzanine certificate just ask the reject TM for some CONLUBE™️. Then lube that chute so well that the carton will gather enough momentum to get across that broken ass roller. It all starts in the lanes. If you are in your first 90 the only thing that you should be focused on is doing your lanes safely and efficiently. When you finally are ramped up your production should reflect. Until then focus on doing it your job function by the Standard. OB can literally shut down / bring to a stand still the lines in IB, Depal, and MBP.

CONLUBE is the slipperiest spill of them all and that is why it’s not allowed for any TM to use.
Consolidation LWW for B2
Pretty sure I had the first interview for Cap B2 like back in Feb (took me off guard at how fast they were for this interview (I’ve had a lot)) but was told I’m under qualified. Plus need a RT and OP license.

Last edited:
Yo bro it was a long night. I’ll PM you today when I wake up for school. I’ll try and give you some more pointers 😴 It’s nice to know the RWTM is helping out the East Coast. We all fam in OB…
Biggie Smalls GIF

Pretty sure I had the first interview for Cap B2 (took me off guard at how fast they were) but was told I’m under qualified. Plus need a RT and OP license. So idc
My pal who my OMs wanted to push to OM (he just became a trainer but he’s amazing) applied for it also and didn’t get it either for the same reasons. Don’t they know we are solving the worlds problems one (or two) walls at a time?

My pal who my OMs wanted to push to OM (he just became a trainer but he’s amazing) applied for it also and didn’t get it either for the same reasons. Don’t they know we are solving the worlds problems one (or two) walls at a time?
You guys use CONLUBE bro

My DC has implemented different color flags on each of the conveyors to determine if it’s a low/medium/high volume store which has made teaching lane management a lot easier.
Yo sorry just remember you said this. We switch over to this instead of the 5 star system. My question is what if a red door store shouldn’t be a red door? Is that an issue with the system?

if you’re ever feeling overwhelmed flag a closer down or talk to your LWW to see what your laneset is running.
I told my OM that I felt like they were trying to kill me and she checked my laneset and said I was "only running 95%" but she would give two of my doors to another TM. I started out with 6 lanes that day. I'm still in the ramping up process. I feel that I'm going to get better as I continue to work. Also we have awesome closers that will take lane and help us newbies get caught up. Thanks everyone for the advice and support!!

I told my OM that I felt like they were trying to kill me and she checked my laneset and said I was "only running 95%" but she would give two of my doors to another TM. I started out with 6 lanes that day. I'm still in the ramping up process. I feel that I'm going to get better as I continue to work. Also we have awesome closers that will take lane and help us newbies get caught up. Thanks everyone for the advice and support!!
Thank your closer with hard candy lol but a closer is someone who should be able to go to for help if you need anything. So happy you asked for help. You gotta advocate for yourself or else who knows. Yesterday I wasn’t a closer but had a new TM get a door closed by my homi and my homi was busy atm closing 5 other doors so I saw that they needed their door opened so I opened it for them and saw there was a hole in the front. I had to get a new trailer for the new TM. Fastest trailer I have ever gotten. Thank you whoever coordinated that one. The yellow light was on for less then 8 😉

Last edited:
I didn't run to my OM, I misspoke. It was was the LWW who came and asked how I was doing.

@RWTM 👍 She just got the position and I have nothing bad to say about her. I don't know what a RWTM is, I'm new 😂

Last edited:
Back