Outbound

Does hour guys DCs still have the little switch that flips between red/green lights?? We have almost zero problems with lights but we also switched to an electronic key sytem that locks if the yard driver goes to pull and vice versa.

Does hour guys DCs still have the little switch that flips between red/green lights?? We have almost zero problems with lights but we also switched to an electronic key sytem that locks if the yard driver goes to pull and vice versa.
At door 16 * I think. Itā€™s a turn knob. The other ones are bolt and chain. Are you referring to the dock light? Goes green when the outside pin is inā€¦

My DC has had the keys for about over a year now. It's more of a safety issue since we've had a few times where the drivers had hooked up to the wrong trailers and ripped extendos out but yea if the key outside is out you can't open the trailer unless you are E&F and bypass it. It's a real safe comfort knowing the driver can't take you when you hear them hook up to a trailer next you.

My DC has had the keys for about over a year now. It's more of a safety issue since we've had a few times where the drivers had hooked up to the wrong trailers and ripped extendos out but yea if the key outside is out you can't open the trailer unless you are E&F and bypass it. It's a real safe comfort knowing the driver can't take you when you hear them hook up to a trailer next you.
Safety first always but close calls happen all the time. Iā€™ve survived some scary stuff not intentional. All our doors in OB at my RDC are using the key and chain tho. Yard saftey + dock saftey is a huge priority at my RDC. Casualties can happen if not being safe. I tell all the TMā€™s when Iā€™m QC Iā€™ll open and close your door in a timely manner. I donā€™t want a TM to have a saftey incident or cause another TM to have one or get a corrective action for a non-negotiable.

Do you guys have problems with the yellow lights coming on for longer than 7 minutes when lines are full? This light would be located above the start of the belt or at the and of the lane dangling?

Ya I bust different QCā€™s ā€œforgettingā€ all the time. Itā€™s BS because it screws up the board. That actually makes me really mad when I bust someone doing this. Someone I thought I trusted. When you contact dispatch I ussually with contact the Yard Coordinator but if no reply I contact the Truck Gate. Let me tell you what, if AP or TSS comes over the radio and asks for a cut you better stop what youā€™re doing break that lane down back that extendo out and close that door. Thatā€™s the QCā€™s responsibility. They become the QCā€™s new chain of command till they get it closed.
I wish our closers actually kept themselves busy. We canā€™t budget for QCs but Iā€™m usually out of staffing usually for auditing but with my downtime Iā€™m actively doing something to better the team. We had a very low plan last night so I was on an RC going through every quad stacking pipo to clear aisles, assisting closets with cuts, helping TMs bring in team lift, helping them bring in their pallets. While the closers just sit at the desk at startup with the LWW. I could not do that. Standing in one spot drives me nuts.

I wish our closers actually kept themselves busy. We canā€™t budget for QCs but Iā€™m usually out of staffing usually for auditing but with my downtime Iā€™m actively doing something to better the team. We had a very low plan last night so I was on an RC going through every quad stacking pipo to clear aisles, assisting closets with cuts, helping TMs bring in team lift, helping them bring in their pallets. While the closers just sit at the desk at startup with the LWW. I could not do that. Standing in one spot drives me nuts.
Me too

I canā€™t stand in one spot either. What pipo is allowed to be double stacked? Aisles are in the WH. Do you mean lanes?

I canā€™t stand in one spot either. What pipo is allowed to be double stacked? Aisles are in the WH. Do you mean lanes?
Heā€™s talking about out of area PIPO located in bulk aisles in the wing. We do the same thing in our DC. Auto rebin wiped out a bunch of our bulk locations so we make do with whatever we can

Heā€™s talking about out of area PIPO located in bulk aisles in the wing. We do the same thing in our DC. Auto rebin wiped out a bunch of our bulk locations so we make do with whatever we can
We took out the aisles in the wing thank god. They are back on the 100 dock. Thereā€™s still signs hanging up if you pay attention.

How do you guys handle TL and whatā€™s the new standard say?

Yes I mean lanes!

she* but i actually meant lanes, whoops!
How do you guys handle TL and whatā€™s the new standard say?
TL is walked to the trailer door, we encourage them to bring it into the trailer but not everyone is perfect and brings a piece in every time youā€™re walking into the trailer. Mentors, trainers, LWW, and OMs are to call a stop work authority if there are 5+ pieces of TL outside of a trailer. Team member cannot continue to work in that trailer until itā€™s all worked into the trailer to adhere to the ā€œkeeping your work area cleanā€ part of the standard. Itā€™s not the standard in all DCs but it was our countermeasure to our most recent serious injury.

Yes I mean lanes!

she* but i actually meant lanes, whoops!

TL is walked to the trailer door, we encourage them to bring it into the trailer but not everyone is perfect and brings a piece in every time youā€™re walking into the trailer. Mentors, trainers, LWW, and OMs are to call a stop work authority if there are 5+ pieces of TL outside of a trailer. Team member cannot continue to work in that trailer until itā€™s all worked into the trailer to adhere to the ā€œkeeping your work area cleanā€ part of the standard. Itā€™s not the standard in all DCs but it was our countermeasure to our most recent serious injury.
Your an LWW OB she?! If so you a boss.
everything you said šŸ’Æ%

Iā€™m a (He, Him, His) and OB WW

Last edited:
Yes, a she! Hard to come by in the warehouse. Technically back up LWW but Iā€™m on track to become an OM (fingers crossed, I give my SOM my decision tonight)
Good luck to you

We have a lot of women in our outbound. One girl who throws pallet side of depal is a legit 90lbs but she throws pallets besides dudes 3x her size. Weā€™re all in awe of her / a little in love.

Hope it goes well for you!
Good luck to you

We have a lot of women in our outbound. One girl who throws pallet side of depal is a legit 90lbs but she throws pallets besides dudes 3x her size. Weā€™re all in awe of her / a little in love.
Thank you guys! We have a girl like that on A2, we havenā€™t been mandated overtime in a while so I miss her šŸ˜­šŸ˜­ B2 is very slim, and some of the women are actually leaving because itā€™s just too much. Which, is understandable. But the physical strength comes with the job, just gotta keep working at it

Yes, a she! Hard to come by in the warehouse. Technically back up LWW but Iā€™m on track to become an OM (fingers crossed, I give my SOM my decision tonight)
Congratulations! Thatā€™s so cool to hear! You have no idea how jelly I am! Those are goalz. I hope you get a promotion you deserve it!

Thank you guys! We have a girl like that on A2, we havenā€™t been mandated overtime in a while so I miss her šŸ˜­šŸ˜­ B2 is very slim, and some of the women are actually leaving because itā€™s just too much. Which, is understandable. But the physical strength comes with the job, just gotta keep working at it
My first OM was a she and I learned everything from her. Thankful I am forever. I have every gift she gave in appreciation. We were ranked nationally. 19ā€™

Same, a she 6 years younger than me and a college intern-turned OM. The conversation went well! I have a timeline and itā€™s approaching pretty quick.
Iā€™ve been told by great tenured Senior Leaders that itā€™s all about the interview. It matters the most and how you can provide real experiences. I found out the hard way. Interview every time. They have interview profiles on you for specific roles. A LWW being one.

Last edited:
šŸ¤“

Last edited:
Back