Archived Over half my store had no idea....

Status
Not open for further replies.
So over half my store had no idea we opened at 7 the day after Christmas. Including the LOD. I worked a price change overnight and when I left 6:45 the stl was scrambling with the other etls asking where the normal Monday LOD was. Am I at a jacked up store?

Day after we open at 7am then resume normal schedule next day forward.
Looked like the start of a marathon when our doors opened.

We get lots of charity people who do "Toys for Tots" like things and they come in and clear out our clearance roll wrap and toys. Love those ladies. We have one who buys wrap by the tub full. Doesn't care if the case packs are open just ring it and load it..

Crazy but those people are angels.. Now the difference this year is if we actually got the shit out of the back cause we sure didn't on Xmas eve.

We had people buying cartfulls of seasonal stuff and when they realized it was ONLY 50% off they ditched stuff everywhere. You mean your most expensive tree is only $150. It was $300 regular price. Disappointed its not 50 % off a marked down price??:eek:

Again goes back to not reading things. People ask that all day "Is it %50 off the clearance price?" No. "Can you hold it until it goes down again?" No.

Our stores been opening at 7 since October, it's not a 4th Quarter thing either, personally I don't care for a 7am opening, because our shift starts at 4 and 3 hours isn't nearly enough to unload the truck and get everything off the floor

my ETL today, after we had all been at the store already since 1am. He started setting an entire aisle (it was only Plastic storage, but we literally have an extra rented trailer to fit all the storage the DC sent us....

about an hour and a half before openning...

"I need your help, apparently I am the opening LOD this morning"

"Wait, but you've been here all night" I mandate

"I know" he remarks

I laughed, and felt bad for him.

I come in at 7am next Tuesday. For what reason, I do not know. As far as I know, there aren't any huge releases that day.

Does electronics do your MMB revisions as well? Electronics preps new release on Monday and comes in at 6 every Tuesday, and 7 every Friday.

Does electronics do your MMB revisions as well? Electronics preps new release on Monday and comes in at 6 every Tuesday, and 7 every Friday.
Plano is normally in charge of revisions in MMB at my store, so I don't know what's up. I don't mind coming in an hour earlier, I just wasn't sure why and my TL didn't offer an explanation since there aren't any big releases that would warrant me coming in earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back