Paid Holidays

Just found out I will be getting paid holiday time for Thanksgiving and Christmas. Will I be getting paid for 4 hours for the day or more?

If your average hours are enough to qualify for benefits and you’ve been at target for a year TMs earn 8 hours paid for Christmas and thanksgiving. TLs get it 6 times a year.

How does that work if you actually work Thanksgiving. Do you get 8 additional hours for the holiday or just what you didn't work?

How does that work if you actually work Thanksgiving. Do you get 8 additional hours for the holiday or just what you didn't work?
8 hours of regular pay regardless, and then time and a half for whatever you do work. So, if you don't work, you get paid for 8 hours. If you work an 8 hour shift, you get the 8 hours plus 8 more at time and a half, which is comparable to being paid for 20 hours total.

8 hours of regular pay regardless, and then time and a half for whatever you do work. So, if you don't work, you get paid for 8 hours. If you work an 8 hour shift, you get the 8 hours plus 8 more at time and a half, which is comparable to being paid for 20 hours total.

Cool. Looking forward to that paycheck.

What @xantos said. Also whatever you work on one of the 6 holidays including Christmas and thanksgiving don’t count towards your 40 hours so you can work all day at time and a half and still get 40 hours the rest of the week.

What @xantos said. Also whatever you work on one of the 6 holidays including Christmas and thanksgiving don’t count towards your 40 hours so you can work all day at time and a half and still get 40 hours the rest of the week.

So out of curiosity, since I'm fulfillment and eligible for 50 hours Thanksgiving week does that mean that I could work 50 hours, an additional 8 on Thanksgiving at time and a half, and receive another 8 hours for the holiday? Kill me now working that much flex that week, but that would be a pretty sweet paycheck.

So out of curiosity, since I'm fulfillment and eligible for 50 hours Thanksgiving week does that mean that I could work 50 hours, an additional 8 on Thanksgiving at time and a half, and receive another 8 hours for the holiday? Kill me now working that much flex that week, but that would be a pretty sweet paycheck.
Probably, unless there is some fine print to that OT they're promising. You could work 24 hours on Thanksgiving (theoretically), and then 50 hours the rest of the week, and then you'd get the extra 8, too. So you'd physically work 74 hours, but get paid for 40 regular plus 34 at time and a half plus 8 more, which is equivalent to 99 regular hours.

Theoretically yes. You’d only pop up for 10 hours of projected OT

Back