Paid Sick Time

Summary please of this.

I am very confident that my store's management won't bother to explain this us.
This thread is for the DC side so I cant say for certain what the store version is like. But regardless, none of the specifics have been released yet.

I think you got the two mixed up there. Acountable means you get in trouble, non acountable means its excused.

Yeah it works the same way. What I kinda meant is, say you had no absences and the 6 month rolling period was almost up. You might as well call in a day or two, to get a paid day off with the new sick pay, if it was accountable. As long as you could easily afford the accountable hours. Whereas before, you might not call in because you didnt want to lose the pay (presuming you didnt want to backfill with vac etc).

But I guess that works double for non accountable. Now you're gonna for SURE use it!

Will you be able to request "sick pay" like PTO?

I don't like how we do it now because there is no "electronic trail" like PTO.

We use MyTime PTO other currently.
So yes, if you want to get paid, you get to have an “electronic trail” like any other PTO.
If you call off before the shift you may also need to use MyTime manage the shift to avoid a NC/NS.

Will you be able to request "sick pay" like PTO?

I don't like how we do it now because there is no "electronic trail" like PTO.

Slightly off topic but in some ways I dont like how theres not a paper trail on pre-approved vac nowdays. Some OM's apparently just doesnt look at mytime til after the fact. Example: You put in for a Sunday in 3 weeks in my time. This OM is just never going to look at it, it will be stuck on the hourglass emoji forever. You have to go in the office so he manually puts it in like before (I guess they have to do this either way). But he's still not going to update mytime, it's still on hourglass. My time probably wont update until like the day after the vac day, when i guess hr or whoever does it.

My issue is you dont know if theyre putting in the correct day etc. You just have to trust them. If you ask for the 7th its possibly they accidently put it on the next week the 14th or whatever. Peering over their shoulder you dont know. So then when you dont show up on the 7th, could be a NCNS and now its gonna be your word against theres, in this hypothetical mistake situation. Before, you could get them to sign the paper stating the 7th, keep the tm copy, and you're absolutely covered. Heck I even always screencap mytime when they approve it before the fact (like this OM doesnt). Same with preapproved VNS. Just to be extra safe.

Now if the OM does his job (I assume it's their job) and looks at his requests in mytime and approves them at least a week or two beforehand, this doesnt really become an issue.

Slightly off topic but in some ways I dont like how theres not a paper trail on pre-approved vac nowdays. Some OM's apparently just doesnt look at mytime til after the fact. Example: You put in for a Sunday in 3 weeks in my time. This OM is just never going to look at it, it will be stuck on the hourglass emoji forever. You have to go in the office so he manually puts it in like before (I guess they have to do this either way). But he's still not going to update mytime, it's still on hourglass. My time probably wont update until like the day after the vac day, when i guess hr or whoever does it.

My issue is you dont know if theyre putting in the correct day etc. You just have to trust them. If you ask for the 7th its possibly they accidently put it on the next week the 14th or whatever. Peering over their shoulder you dont know. So then when you dont show up on the 7th, could be a NCNS and now its gonna be your word against theres, in this hypothetical mistake situation. Before, you could get them to sign the paper stating the 7th, keep the tm copy, and you're absolutely covered. Heck I even always screencap mytime when they approve it before the fact (like this OM doesnt). Same with preapproved VNS. Just to be extra safe.

Now if the OM does his job (I assume it's their job) and looks at his requests in mytime and approves them at least a week or two beforehand, this doesnt really become an issue.
Or her...
It is kind of annoying that they wait until the last moment to approve a request.

I gave a note to my HR ETL last Thursday to add sick pay for a missed day.

I didn't see it on my check I got today.

How late this past Monday would that have had to be added?

If it wasn't added how will I know whether it was added on my check date 6/22?

Haven't seen it or heard anything yet at my DC. Its happening for store TMs effective July 1st but haven't heard anything here, no communication at all asked the PC and HROC and nothing concrete yet.

Really need to get back our bank holiday vacation time. Or at least the option to bank OR get paid out like it once was. Working all these holidays and missing that family time and not having the ability to take a different day off in return sucks.

Vacation accrual is painfully slow.

It should deffo be at all DC's. It was announced the other day at mine and we are not a sick leave by law state.

However I'm assuming we start at zero on July 1st and accrue ~.7 per week/36 hrs on A keys, so it's gonna be a while to accrue a full day here. So is Dream Baby a store person? or maybe in a already established sick leave by law state I guess.

Also though HOWEVER I thought of this. Say you're on the way in and it becomes clear due to traffic or whatever youre gonna be 5 minutes late. Why WOULDNT you turn around (or go park or to McDonalds or whatever), come in at 7, then backfill that hour with sick pay so it's not accountable?

It wont take long to accrue an hour so you could do this a lot. At least once every two week (which actually isnt that much I guess). Being late would practically be a thing of the past (not that it happens much anyway, so it's probably not a big deal). The only restriction I see is the 1 hour minimum stipulation.

I ran this by another employee and they were like no, because when you come in the hr late it's obvious you werent sick.

However I dont think that has anything to do with it. IMO it'll be no questions allowed to be asked, just like when you use FMLA. Because worse came to worse, who's to say you didn't have a headache and it cleared up after 30 minutes? Or any of a million other scenarios.

Also just dont understand how it works in general. If it's non accountable and you can backfill with it? Then what do they count you accountable at first, and then you have to trust they'll take it off if you backfill with sick pay later? I dont really get it.

RDChello, that's very true and you sure feel it. However for my DC this sick pay is basically just a bonus 3 days of vacation (for A keys), since we did not have sick pay before. Considering we probably lost at most 5-6 banked vacation holidays a year, depending when they fell, it makes most of it back up IMO. However if you already got sick pay then no change.

Last edited:
and yet at least at my DC we basically know no details, except the 1 hr per 52 etc. HR even tried to hedge today on whether it's accountable when asked. I cant really see how it makes much sense if it's accountable, so I think they are just trying to avoid admitting the obvious as long as possible. I dont think OM's are going to like this at all.

Typical target efficiency I guess.

Yeah they haven't announced it yet. It will be on the benefits website as well on the 1st. Maybe there will be some answers on the site.

Policy is up.
It’s non-accountable, can’t be coached.
1hr per 52 worked, max 40hr/yr.
Can’t accrue more than 40hrs.
It doesn’t appear that it will protect holiday pay (if you’re in a state/city where it’s law, it does)

So yeah, basically another week of vacation! 😁

Policy is up.
It doesn’t appear that it will protect holiday pay (if you’re in a state/city where it’s law, it does)

I will also not take time off for scheduled doctor appointments.

I didn't get sick pay for that earlier in the year because I wasn't scheduled those days.

This past time I just had my doctor give me return to work date and called in sick on the app.

Policy is up.

So honestly if its like i'm thinking this is great. If you feel bad leave 2-3 hrs early, that sort of thing, But also I think it will protect against being late. Because if you are running 5 mins late, just use an hr sick time instead its a no brainer. The only limit is the 1hr minimum.

Last edited:
Policy is up.

We will all have a full day in the beggining of October. I am betting a lot of people will use it for Halloween. Its not paid anyway so no downside.

We will all have a full day in the beggining of October. I am betting a lot of people will use it for Halloween. It’s not paid anyway so no downside.
Didn’t even think of Halloween, I’m sure Valentine’s Day & Easter will be equally popular.

So honestly if its like i'm thinking this is great. If you feel bad leave 2-3 hrs early, that sort of thing, But also I think it will protect against being late. Because if you are running 5 mins late, just use an hr sick time instead its a no brainer. The only limit is the 1hr minimum.
There is a 1 hour minimum? I didn't see that anywhere. I was contemplating using fifteen minutes to beat the traffic!

we got a paper about it, talking about all the details, that says a minimum of 1 hr on there. i just pulled it out to confirm. so that was just something our building made up? is that legal? store vs dc thing or different states?

also now they told us we have to use the call in sick thing in the app for our new paid sick time as well. makes sense i guess, less chance of then counting it against you on accident.

Last edited:
we got a paper about it, talking about all the details, that says a minimum of 1 hr on there. i just pulled it out to confirm. so that was just something our building made up? is that legal? store vs dc thing or different states?

also now they told us we have to use the call in sick thing in the app for our new paid sick time as well. makes sense i guess, less chance of then counting it against you on accident.
Make sure to screen shot your call off too.

They disappear (and all others I believe) from the Mytime App in two weeks.

Back