Archived Panicking Badly after being called to the office!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
My ETL called me to the office because the other day clocked later like 20 or 30*minutes late, and was told not do to that again, i wasn't asked to sign anything or whatever, apparently someone actually saw me punching out. I was panicking honestly, I felt like I was about to have a panic attack like I've had before.

Thing is that I forgot, and left the store and then when i was in the freeway i remembered and came back to clock out. I'm still overthinking about it. I did called latet to let the operator about it, so they could fixed it, but the idiot didn't tell anybody so they could change that.

Now what? I feel they'll retaliate or something because they probably going to think I'm stealing time from the hours . Did I get couched? How bad is this?

Last edited:
You should have just gone home. They would have asked you to do a punch correction the next day without the coaching. I have forgotten to clock out going home a couple of times in the past and they just put your name down on the punch correction list. If you don't do a punch correction, you don't get paid the whole day I think. At least that's what an ETL told me.

If you don't do a punch correction, you don't get paid the whole day I think. At least that's what an ETL told me.
This is very true. Your ETL-HR and STL cannot allow you to get paid for the whole day. It is an absolute waste of payroll and will incur several compliance violations.

They will hound you to put in a punch correction until you actually do it or, as a last resort, put in the clock out time for you.
How bad is it?
It is not bad. Just put in a punch correction next time. Punches can be easily fixed. The next time it happens just tell yourself "Oh well, I will fix it the next time I go in." Your store's leadership has much more to worry about than someone messing up a punch or two that will almost always be corrected a day or two later.

My ETL called me to the office because the other day clocked later like 20 or 30*minutes late, and was told not do to that again, i wasn't asked to sign anything or whatever, apparently someone actually saw me punching out. I was panicking honestly, I felt like I was about to have a panic attack like I've had before.

Thing is that I forgot, and left the store and then when i was in the freeway i remembered and came back to clock out. I'm still overthinking about it. I did called latet to let the operator about it, so they could fixed it, but the idiot didn't tell anybody so they could change that.

Now what? I feel they'll retaliate or something because they probably going to think I'm stealing time from the hours . Did I get couched? How bad is this?

Cause what you did by clocking out late is time stealing technically.. Cause you had already left and came back to hit the clock basically claiming you were still working by punching out that half hour later. You should have just fixed it the next day.

At minimum a coaching at max, a term for time clock fraud. You are lucky.. Remember its nothing that can't be fixed. You forget when you leave, just go home and fix it your next shift. Lunch is the only one they really panic over, cause they can get fined for people not taking lunches on time.

Well makes me feel relaxed. You guys don't have any idea of how bad and nervous I got when I was there in the office, I thought I was going to be terminated or something. Last year I actually missed lunch A.K.A. hit compliance, that time I had to sign a form because of that, but that time was even horrible because of a certain horrible person team leader we had a that time. The ETL is cooler and more calm.

I've seen the option Punch Correction on MyTime SelfService, but didn't know what it was? Do I go there then next time?

Well makes me feel relaxed. You guys don't have any idea of how bad and nervous I got when I was there in the office, I thought I was going to be terminated or something. Last year I actually missed lunch A.K.A. hit compliance, that time I had to sign a form because of that, but that time was even horrible because of a certain horrible person team leader we had a that time. The ETL is cooler and more calm.

I've seen the option Punch Correction on MyTime SelfService, but didn't know what it was? Do I go there then next time?

Yes, and there is calendar where you pick the day you messed up and just add the time and what punch it is, click a box at the bottom and hit submit. HR gets it and adds it to your timecard. No biggie.. If you still need help, HR can help you, or even a co-worker you trust.

When I saw the thread title, I thought for a moment that you had been called to the principal's office. :D

As others have said, if you forget to punch out at the end of your shift, just wait until the next time you work and do a punch correction via eHR.

To Bosch. Actually, Target will not get fined in most states for meal compliance. I work at a distribution center for 12 hours a day and do not clock out for a meal.

To Bosch. Actually, Target will not get fined in most states for meal compliance. I work at a distribution center for 12 hours a day and do not clock out for a meal.

This is absolutely false depending on state. Here in California, we have some of the strictest worker rights' laws and meal breaks are no exception. Hourly employees MUST take their lunch prior to their 5th hour and if a TM keeps missing it a few times it's grounds for termination. I know many stores have you sign something even on 1st offense and additional offenses are subject to write-ups. I have heard of a neighboring store to mine getting fined for having trouble sending TMs to lunch on time and it really pissed off our DTL.

Umm depends on the state and in my state. Yes.. I watched it happen with another employer.
Yes, you are absolutely correct. This is very state-dependent. I live in Texas and we have zero break or lunch policy for employees. I work for CVS now and still follow the Target guidelines for simplicity because I believe people are entitled to paid rest breaks and meals. I just don't freak out about them clocking out before 6 hours, which was required for us before.

At my store we get written up for either not taking our lunch or taking it either right on our fifth hour or after. I had to put two of my TMs on a final for hitting their fifth hour. It's something that the store doesn't tolerate or at least the company.

There are states I believe where there aren't any legally mandated breaks or lunches. Some just do lunches. I think that's crazy. Fortunately Target as a company has breaks & lunches no matter the state or some of y'all would be screwed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back