Archived Pay grades and negotiation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all! I've recently started with spot as a HR team member (4 weeks) Ive been helping out another store and i've been asked to apply for a Starbucks TL position there (Huge long story goes along with this!)

Basically I'm wondering what the CA pay ranges for TLs are and how much negotiation you have. I currently am on $3 an hour more than my HRTM who I job share with as I had a lot of experience and they were in desperate need of me when I started.

Im faced with the same position now, all the tm's from the starbucks have quit, its a total mess, no stock, non compliant from the DM, ect.

Any help what i could shoot for would be great.
:)

Do you have any experience as a barista?
You'll be expected to commit all your drinks to memory, train new baristas until you've groomed one to be your trainer, get grounded in Steritech procedures & protocols, get started on your stock BEFORE your Christmas pallet arrives & get acquainted with your Starbucks DM as you're going into Fourth Quarter.
I'd push for high end considering what you're up against.

The only TL position I have firm info on is a SuperTarget produce TL... $13 to start, no negotiation.

Ask what the paygrade is. N11 is the starting pay for most TL, and is ~$11. N13 is ~$13. N17 is the highest grade for TL/SRTL and is around ~$17

Despite what you'll be told,this is totally unknown. Just ask for what you feel is fair and then some as hopefully you go above what's expected and at minimum they can't negotiate to where you want to be , if not more. Trust me, I've been hired in for a position where someone working there two years was making nearly four dollars less...there's no guessing what you may make.

Always ask for more, and be able to back it up with solid reasoning. The worst that can happen is they say no.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back