Archived Pay rates in different departments & Crosstraining

Status
Not open for further replies.

zio paperone

Target Canada
Hey everyone,

I'm cross trained in 6 (8, I guess) departments: consumables "captain" (read: TL since I do everything a TL does with hardlines pay however I was never 'trained' in consumables but I've been the head of consumables since the store opened), reverse logistics, presentation, backroom, hardlines, electronics, cashier and flow. I partnered with my ETLHR and was told no matter which department I worked, I would be paid my hardlines TM rate unless I transferred permanently to that department (they won't let me since there isn't anyone to replace me) however, they schedule me to work the other departments. I was just wondering if that is a thing? I couldn't find anything on Source about it and was told by my (now former, haven't and won't have one for months) STL that I would be getting the other rates which is one reason why I did all the LSOs and agreed to cross train. If this is a thing, is it even legal not to pay the other rates since they schedule me (not just ask me to help out)

I'm not sure what the rule is in Canada, but in the US, at least half of your hours have to be in a certain workcenter in order to get that workcenter's pay. For example, hardlines is paygrade N03 and electronics is paygrade N07 (a difference of $0.50). A hardlines TM would have to work at least half of his/her hours in electronics in order to get the N07 pay rather than N03 pay. If you work in multiple workcenters but none make up a majority of your hours, then your pay depends on your primary workcenter. So if your primary workcenter is cashier but you're scheduled one shift in each of cashing, softlines, backroom, pricing, and receiving/reverse, you'll get your cashier pay because none of the higher paying workcenters make up a majority of your hours - i.e. you're SOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back