Archived Payroll issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
Flow never went to huddle when ETL-LOG was running the unload. Then we got a Flow TL and we went to one...ONCE. It was such a waste of time and 90% of it had nothing to do with flow.

Now Flow has their own huddle once a week on Monday after the unload.

Our hours were cut after fourth quarter. I've been around for a while but I don't know if I've ever seen it this bad. We were all stuck on registers sometimes for most of our shift. We missed call buttons all the time. So now our service scores are red everywhere. They have started having huddles again and we are doing a "service blitz" every half hour. Plus, between the RC chatter on the walkie we're reminded about service being our priority. Ugh! I wish just once they would be honest and admit their mistake. If no one is on the floor service is going to be red! Now we have too many hours? They are saying we had 400 extra hours and if we don't spend them we'll lose them for next year. Some of us are even getting OT. I just don't get it. Everyone is so invested in ignoring reality. We are all pretending as hard as we can, but playing The Emperor's New Clothes isn't working.

tl/dr Not enough hours/to many hours/same old same old

I believe with cuts at corporate they have shifted some of that money to the stores. I know my store got a whole bunch of extra payroll this month that they weren't expecting.

I believe with cuts at corporate they have shifted some of that money to the stores. I know my store got a whole bunch of extra payroll this month that they weren't expecting.

As did ours. I haven't seen any last-minute cutting this month that would typically be expected around this time. ETL-HR was telling a bunch of TLs to add 30 hours or more for their teams. It's pleasant to hear.

Also realize February was the end of the fiscal year. Which meant many stores were trying to cut payroll not just for the month, but also the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back