Archived PCV help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClearanceMaster

Price Accuracy TM
Have you ever had something that got stuck in the PCV report before?
BTW, MySupport was a major help. They did nothing.

Can you please tell me what to do?

Something in our system was ringing up a higher price, but had the wrong clearance sticker on it. It did not look like it had been tampered with so a cashier lowered the price, this is what I believed happened. I don't know what happened after that to cause this, but once it got in the PCV we went to clear it, couldn't find another item like it.. So when we went to type in the DPCI it said item did not match..
That was aggravating enough so our dumb LOD left it in the gun. My PATL came in the next day and BCODED the dpci, and tried to scan the bcode. NOPE didn't work. She went back to the signing computer and went under UPC maintenance and "added" the barcode for the item, (it said no barcode currently existed). Then scanned the barcode, No go.

Any suggestions?

Did the DPCI on the clearance sticker not match the UPC?
If the cashier scanned the barcode & changed the price, it may have been a ticket switch (clearance sticker stuck on a non-clearance box). Then, when PA tries to rectify it, it won't match the actual DPCI.
I always told my cashiers that if a price came up higher than a clearance sticker, call a GSTL over to check the DPCI.
In rare instances, the DPCI may match but it was purchased at a store that had clearance it but was returned to a store in which it was still on POG.

If the cashier scanned the barcode & changed the price, it may have been a ticket switch (clearance sticker stuck on a non-clearance box). Then, when PA tries to rectify it, it won't match the actual DPCI.
I always told my cashiers that if a price came up higher than a clearance sticker, call a GSTL over to check the DPCI.
In rare instances, the DPCI may match but it was purchased at a store that had clearance it but was returned to a store in which it was still on POG.

Happens at my store all the time. We are on a different clearance schedule than the Target 15 minutes away..why?

Happens at my store all the time. We are on a different clearance schedule than the Target 15 minutes away..why?

Every store does their markdowns on a different schedule, regardless of how close they are to each other. Why? I couldn't tell you. Those decisions are made far above the store level.

Clearance is done according to sales demographics. An item that sells well at your store may languish on the shelf at another. Sometimes only one color or style of a series may go.
If an item purchased at another store is returned at your store & your store has it on clearance, a clearance sticker is automatically printed out at service desk when the return is processed.
If the item was on clearance at the other store but still at regular price at your store, the return would be processed at the price the guest paid for it but the SDTM should scan it to see why it didn't print out a clearance ticket. Otherwise, it will sit on your self with a clearance ticket when it ISN'T clearance at YOUR store. Then a guest will purchase it &, when it comes up at full price, they'll challenge it.
Your cashier will change the price because of the label & it will come up in the PVC but will be unable to be verified.

Last edited:
I don't think the issue here is the TM changing the price guys. The OP never claimed it was. The problem is the DPCI doesn't exist according to the system. OP, this happened at my store once too. It was fixed via mysupport, but I wasn't involved in the process, so I can't give you any direction, sorry. You might just have to resubmit the mysupport and see if you get a better answer. What did they say the first time?

If the DPCI didn't scan in the PDA when you keyed it, then what may need to happen is before the PATL does a UPC maintenance, that a DPCI maintenance needs to be completed first to add the DPCI into the system (a bunch of info would need to be added, including item description, is it taxable, price, etc) and then a UPC maintenance would need to be done to tie the DPCI to the UPC. This sometimes happens at my store (not too often, thankfully). Most of the time when this happens, it is for items which is "Not on File for your Store, but On File at other Stores."

Thank you! Our PATL trusts us 100% because we've been with target so long and shes on vacation so I went In to DPCI maintenance and then back into UPC maintenance and it cleared out of the gun. My ETL was very happy and recognized me in the huddle. For some reason they were just trying UPC maintenance and not DPCI. MySupport finally sent back an answer but it didn't clarify anything and didn't help at all. You guys were way more helpful! Thanks.

Last edited:
If the DPCI didn't scan in the PDA when you keyed it, then what may need to happen is before the PATL does a UPC maintenance, that a DPCI maintenance needs to be completed first to add the DPCI into the system (a bunch of info would need to be added, including item description, is it taxable, price, etc) and then a UPC maintenance would need to be done to tie the DPCI to the UPC. This sometimes happens at my store (not too often, thankfully). Most of the time when this happens, it is for items which is "Not on File for your Store, but On File at other Stores."
They rule!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back