Archived Pda bug

Status
Not open for further replies.

OneGoodEar

Former team member
There's one annoying pda bug that Target has yet been able to squash. It occurs when the pda reads the battery status (indicated by a blue line and after when changing the battery or turning the unit back on). If you're using the rf app while this happens, the app would freeze and you'll have to wait about 10 minutes before using it again. So aggravating.

Super annoying. Doesn't help that rebooting them takes forever too!

Quick method works for me every time.

Blue and CTrl at the same time a little menu pops up on the left either hit or arrow down to exit. Boom hit store application and then log back in about 5 seconds depends how fast you are.
Through this same method you can access the file explorer and start playing the redwire alert sound on repeat before hiding the PDA somewhere

I mean, not like I did that or anything...

Quick method works for me every time.

Blue and CTrl at the same time a little menu pops up on the left either hit or arrow down to exit. Boom hit store application and then log back in about 5 seconds depends how fast you are.

Thank you so much for this info. For whatever reason it was not a known thing by our morning side backroom and turns out our one BRTL I talked to didn't know about it either. We were rebooting the PDA by holding in the on/off button until the thing rebooted totally and that would take like 15 minutes. So every time a PDA froze it'd be another 15 minutes to reboot. Trust me, very frustrating. Used this this morning when the PDA froze and it worked like a dream and oddly enough didn't freeze again. Shared this with our morning BR team, they were very appreciative. So thank you so much for posting this. I'd like it a million times if I could. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back