Archived PDAs F'd up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
EC4DEED2-D9C4-4B44-94CE-DEDB4427F37F.jpeg

How boned am I? Reinstalled the OS, called 701. I'm frustrated now. It's the bulk of our PDAs too.

I am just amazed you have a charged one.. None of ours will hold a charge anymore..

It can't find the IP address which I don't think is on the PDA's end, it might be on the server end..

Looks like they can't connect to the mothership. Since it's a problem with multiple PDAs its probably a server problem and not a PDA problem. If it were just one, you could assume it's a problem with the PDA's end of the connection, but if it's many of them, that speaks to a server problem.

Are the Zebras having the same problem? They might not connect to the same servers, but if it's affecting them, too, then definitely a server problem.

Ours were being naughty earlier as well. Pulling a pog and went to check an item it left one behind on and the pda wasn't pulling it from location. Had to cold boot, which fixed it thankfully.

We had TWO out of like 13/14 that continued to work and stay connected... A service tech was in the store checking the access points and made a note about the access point in team member center not being connected... but not really sure how that would affect so many PDAs, especially after trying to reboot in the back of the store (where our PDA connection cradle is set up to re-install the OS.

It's still an issue and hopefully it'll be escalated to someone that can help. Right now, we're all fighting over who gets to pull their batches. Thankfully, no issues with the Zebras.

I am just amazed you have a charged one.. None of ours will hold a charge anymore..

It can't find the IP address which I don't think is on the PDA's end, it might be on the server end..

Sounds like an issue with the batteries. I would have someone order new ones on sap and throw the old ones on the CRC pallet.

I don’t understand why PDA’s aren’t just phased out and stores could be sent more Zebras

I don’t understand why PDA’s aren’t just phased out and stores could be sent more Zebras
Because there are still a lot of backroom, receiving, and flex fulfillment functions that aren't ready on the Zebras.

They started testing an app to pull batches at least 6 months ago and kept having problems.

Phasing out PDAs is the end goal, but it's been the end goal ever since they first introduced the iPod myDevices three-ish years ago.

Because there are still a lot of backroom, receiving, and flex fulfillment functions that aren't ready on the Zebras.

They started testing an app to pull batches at least 6 months ago and kept having problems.

Phasing out PDAs is the end goal, but it's been the end goal ever since they first introduced the iPod myDevices three-ish years ago.
I’ll never understand how that can take them so long.. you’re corporate, you have all the money in the world. Hire somebody to make some programs!

Yeah they order equipment good one dude! o_O

I am still waiting on a SFS supply order from a month ago. This new idiot STL ain't ordering shit.. He slashing and burning the place to the ground it seems..

I swear they bring in these stls from other districts and they don't know s--. Crazy thing is we have some good stls on the bench and they get passed over.

I swear they bring in these stls from other districts and they don't know s--. Crazy thing is we have some good stls on the bench and they get passed over.

Our last STL just destroyed the store (with a lot of help from our DTL). That STL now has a brand new store and the replacement STL is fresh outta college. The DTL is still mucking up the work though. Seriously, our store is young (about 7 years) and this is the worst shape I've ever seen it. We need quality leadership that will instill confidence and set a precedent that gets people engaged. We need to get back to basics and reteach a lot of the fundamentals. I don't have faith that will be happening though.

Our new STL needs better people skills. Don’t pull out your phone while your waiting for a response from me. Instill confidence in the team instead of fear.

Well we lost our ETL LOG our only true experienced ETL now, and the new STL hangs his ear on the ETLHR aka sorority sister.. So we are seeing their choices now start to surface.

No backroom day side until 11am and OPU orders are supposed to be picked by backroom but I get stuck with it.. But they want me to start at 9am.. When the early morning orders are supposed to be picked by 9am?

You figure that out..

Ours were down as well. Have LOD call CSC and they'll reboot the system, fixing the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back