Archived PDA Policy

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is your store policy on checking out and who gets PDA's and LPDA's. How many does your store have? Where are they kept? Who is in charge of them?

Our store goes through cycles of strict equipment control followed by a period of no one caring about equipment control anymore. Right now control is making a comeback, following feedback from the BTS chat sessions. We have a log book right outside the equipment room that has tabs for (L)PDAs, Walkies, and Printers. The room is technically supposed to be locked and there is a button to buzz the door open by the HRTM's desk. The room usually remains propped open by a wastebasket though :p

20 PDAs
30 or so walkies, though a few are on their last legs; static, cutting out, or otherwise not functioning properly.
4 LPDA's for TM usage, and 4 stashed away in the STL's office for the TL's. LPDA's are a hot commodity, you'll never see one sitting in the cradle for very long during store hours.

we have at least 10 LPDAs and 20 or so PDAs

we have a few additional LPDAs stashed for the GSTL+TLOD+LOD

we go through cycles of walkie control like formina said, and we have a log book to sign equipment out.

I don't know how many PDA or walkies we have. The morning crew stashes PDAs, so there are 4 or 5 taken out rotation right there. People complain about the hoarding, but since the backroom morning crew runs the backroom (not the TL not the ETL-LOG), nobody does anything about it. I think 3 people actually sign stuff out.

We use to have a strict policy. We had them locked in a cabinet and the Lod had to open the door for you. Now the door is always open. We have 24 walkies, 16 LPDAs, 20 PDAs. Operator,GSTL, guest service , electronics and Execs have there own stash of walkies and LPDAs on top of the ones in the cabinet to ensure they always have them.

I don't know the exact numbers and I'd be willing to bet that nobody else in our building does either! By the time I get in at 5 am there are usually 0-2 left for us to use. Many of our flow tm's also work on plano, instocks and price accuracy so they will take equipment that they don't need for at least 3 hours while those of us that need it immediately spend 20 minutes of our shift trying to hunt down equipment. Very few people sign the equipment out since if you do you are penalized by having to give it up since they know that you have it. In addition, the LPDA's are allocated first to those with "medical needs" such as carpal tunnel, etc. They usually have doctor notes stating that they need to use the lightest eqt. available or something along those lines. I always get a PDA eventually since I am on instocks and almost always have to give up my walkie to a sales floor tm. The fun there is having to hear about how the special teams don't respond to calls on the (non-existing) walkie.

In addition, the LPDA's are allocated first to those with "medical needs" such as carpal tunnel, etc.

That's funny considering LPDA's probably cause carpal tunnel based on how awkward you have to turn your wrist when scanning with them.

I don't care who has PDAs or LPDAs, I just wish they'd CHARGE them properly & put the extra batteries in to charge as well! The times I need one, it makes me batsh!t crazy when I can't find one charged or I have to go thru 5-6 batteries trying to make it thru a short shift.

The room usually remains propped open by a wastebasket though :p

Not sure of my store's numbers, but we keep our cabinet locked (only HR TMs and LOD can open it) and everyone has to sign out equipment. Well, whenever a certain ETL-HR isn't LOD...

I don't care who has PDAs or LPDAs, I just wish they'd CHARGE them properly & put the extra batteries in to charge as well! The times I need one, it makes me batsh!t crazy when I can't find one charged or I have to go thru 5-6 batteries trying to make it thru a short shift.

Here is a solution, put an lpda battery station in the Gstl/etlge office. That way, you can have 4 batteries charging up any time.

Also don't forget to take some WD-40 and clean the gold connectors. If you do that, especially on the older ones, you can double the batterly life.

Um, just make sure if somebody decides to do it to the charger itself and not just the battery's then tell them to make sure they unplug it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back