Archived PDA/Register Status

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can an ETL/LOD/TL see what you are signed in as on the PDA? Sometimes I log in a GSA. What are the pros and cons of being logged in as a GSA. I usually only set the electronics registers for alerts. I am transitioning from guest service tm to electronics.

Also can I qualify for supervisor status on the registers when I change positions...since it's the same pay grade as a GSA.

Supervisor status on the POS is tied to your job code. Only certain positions qualify, Electronics TM is not one of them.

There's probably a way for TL+ to look on workbench and see what you're signing in as, but I doubt they particularly care much. I'm a GSA but I tend to log in as a GSTL because there are a few kinds of alerts that don't show up properly otherwise, plus it puts SDAs on your app homepage which is helpful both at the front lanes and when I work in Pfresh.

Can an ETL/LOD/TL see what you are signed in as on the PDA? Sometimes I log in a GSA. What are the pros and cons of being logged in as a GSA. I usually only set the electronics registers for alerts. I am transitioning from guest service tm to electronics.

Also can I qualify for supervisor status on the registers when I change positions...since it's the same pay grade as a GSA.

I do not know of a way to see that. It really does not matter all that much because you can't see a ton by doing any of those. The biggest thing is getting the Alerts, but if your job code does not require it (so you are not any type of leader or gsa) they will shut you out and the yellow button will be greyed out.

For supervisor status, anybody who already has supervisor access can grant it to someone else AS LONG AS your job code allows it. This means all leadership, gsas, and actually any "Brand TM" position can get access (including electronics, softlines, and HRTMs)....

Electronics TMs at my store aren't brand TMs, we only have them in softlines and one HRTM. Guess that'll vary by store.

I sign into the PDA as an 'Other' TL, primarily to get the huddle notes. I'm never around for huddles anymore so it's the only way I get info that corporate thinks is "necessary". The huddle notes that are posted are worthless.

I do not know of a way to see that. It really does not matter all that much because you can't see a ton by doing any of those. The biggest thing is getting the Alerts, but if your job code does not require it (so you are not any type of leader or gsa) they will shut you out and the yellow button will be greyed out.

For supervisor status, anybody who already has supervisor access can grant it to someone else AS LONG AS your job code allows it. This means all leadership, gsas, and actually any "Brand TM" position can get access (including electronics, softlines, and HRTMs)....

Anyone can sign in as GSA and get alerts, but I don't know why you would want to, even just for the boat. The only thing it would tell you if someone did a major price change, needed change, was taking too long for a transaction, etc. None of that really needs your attention as a TM. The only thing that might be of any interest to you was if it was a street date item, and they should be taking that to the electronics TM to take care of, anyway.

My understanding is that the Brand TM positions are gone, unless you are still in that position from several years ago.

It's so rare that our electronics people do anything that needs supervisor numbers...maybe the occasional override for selling a mature rated game to a guest...but my understanding from the forums is that you may not even need it for that?

Contrary to the above statements, TMs keyed as "Electronics Brand TM" can get supervisor status.

I was an ETL-Food for about 4 years and recently promoted myself to STL. Never got anything said to me.
lol I love that! I did that once upon a time when I was a TM.

I'm currently ETL-LOD and Fulfillment TM. You can select multiple roles in different levels (TM, TL, ETL) to get all the alerts. For example, GSTL, LOD, Fulfillment TM all for a GSTL so they see front lanes stuff, My FA alerts, and alerts for everywhere else.
And you can then get logged out of alerts every 10 minutes! :D

I was an ETL-Food for about 4 years and recently promoted myself to STL. Never got anything said to me.
lol I love that! I did that once upon a time when I was a TM.

I'm currently ETL-LOD and Fulfillment TM. You can select multiple roles in different levels (TM, TL, ETL) to get all the alerts. For example, GSTL, LOD, Fulfillment TM all for a GSTL so they see front lanes stuff, My FA alerts, and alerts for everywhere else.
And you can then get logged out of alerts every 10 minutes! :D
How?! I had to take myself out of GSTL mode to go back to GSA mode so I could also log in for flexible fulfillment. It wouldn't let me do a TM and TL at the same time. What am I missing??

OP, it looks like if you can convince them to key you in as a brand TM (I believe this is a different pay grade, though) you might be able to do it. But then you would have to convince them why you need supervisor privileges....which may be a bit tricky as well.

I'm ETL-HL when I log in, used to log in as LOD (I Think) but got tired of my LPDA vibrating. One of my SRTL told me to when I was in Price chg. I have since taught others when it seemed necessary for their job.

click both check boxes. i'm logged in as an instocks tm, etl-food, etl-HL, and Salesfloor TL.
I tried that. Then it would let me set up the flexible fulfillment side, but wouldn't let me set up the GSTL side.

click both check boxes. i'm logged in as an instocks tm, etl-food, etl-HL, and Salesfloor TL.
I tried that. Then it would let me set up the flexible fulfillment side, but wouldn't let me set up the GSTL side.

Check "TM" and "TL" boxes. Click "Go"

Click whatever TM box you need. SCROLL DOWN to see options for GSTL.

Click go, and then your register options will appear.

We've had electronics TM's ask for supervisor rights before, but leads always say no at my store, which is 100% justifiable in my mind. I think that if a team member needs a supervisor override, they should call for a supervisor

We've had electronics TM's ask for supervisor rights before, but leads always say no at my store, which is 100% justifiable in my mind. I think that if a team member needs a supervisor override, they should call for a supervisor

It's all about being smart. I worked at two-story Target. Electronics was upstairs, and our register banks were on the first floor. During the fourth quarter, my ETL-GE and I agreed to give Supervisor status to one of the Electronics Brand TMs as he was guest service trained, and knew when and when not to use his abilities.

After the fourth quarter, he kept it because he was trusted with it. It comes in handy.

It's all about being smart. I worked at two-story Target. Electronics was upstairs, and our register banks were on the first floor. During the fourth quarter, my ETL-GE and I agreed to give Supervisor status to one of the Electronics Brand TMs as he was guest service trained, and knew when and when not to use his abilities.

After the fourth quarter, he kept it because he was trusted with it. It comes in handy.

I agree with you on that. Unfortunately, we aren't lucky enough to have had TM's like that. The majority of our electronics TM's would gladly take off 50% of the selling-price for damage because we had to replace the hanging bit on top of the package with a plastic sticky hook

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back